Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by $100T2, Sep 1, 2012.

1. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Let's get this party started...

2. AbsentMindedProf

AbsentMindedProf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I know that as a Big 10 fan that I should want Michigan to at least put up a fight, but I don't. I loved every second of them getting embarassed.

3. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I honestly think Michigan was ranked higher than they should have been. I don't think they are a top-10 team, probably not even a top-20 team.

4. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am a big 10 fan, but fucking hate Michigan. Go Spartans.

Now that I am living in the south I have been converted to a Gamecocks fan, Lattimore will be a beast if his knee holds up. Pretty hard to root for Duke football, jesus they are terrible.

5. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Not to mention that Jadaveon Clowney character is going to be cracking skulls this year. People need to look out for South Carolina.

Nothing amazed me more than Alabama last night though. I hate Michigan and wanted them to lose, but that game quickly felt like you were witnessing a rape. Can anyone here believe that a team that lost four 1st round draft picks, plus one second round draft pick, plus a bevy of other players to the pros, comes back and thoroughly dismantles a top 10 Big Ten team (overrated or not)? The fucking Outland trophy winner last year played left tackle for Bama, and now he's playing center. That's how stacked they are at every position. I really, really wish someone would knock the Tide from off their perch, because this is just getting ridiculous.

On the home front, I think Michigan State looked a lot better than the score indicated in their 17-13 win over Boise State. Even aside from Leveon Bell's work horse performance (something like 50 touches for 250+ yards of total offense), our first-year quarterback showed flashes of brilliance and the mistakes are fixable with time and experience (throwing under pressure, chemistry with receivers, managing the offense, etc). I think we're far from the ranks of the elite - no question a team like Bama would pummel MSU - but I don't think another 10 or 11 win season is out of the question for the Spartans.

6. snobes

snobes
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Agree with the above about Bama last night. Christ, it looked like they could have dug up Bear Bryant and started him at tailback. My biggest beef with UM was not the lack of run D, but how lost the offense was. Denard had 1 fucking carry in the first half!? We are NOT a passing team. Run Shoelace 20 times, he's the best runner on the field! Throw a slip screen to slow down the rush, simple.

Loved that Penn State lost to Ohio. They may get 2 wins this year. Serves them right.

7. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd argue that it serves "them" nothing, anyone that had anything to do with Sandusky fucking boys in the shower has been fired/jailed and or is dead. Tell me again why fucking over players who had nothing to do with it punishes those who did?

8. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought Michigan State looked pretty good. Boise State while losing a bunch of talent to graduation, are still a quality team. Michigan State certainly was in control of most of the game, even when they were behind.

Very classy move by Michigan State to run out the clock at the end of the game when they easily could have scored another touchdown. I hope that does not affect their BCS prospects down the road.

9. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dammit, they ranked 'Bama #1 now. I hate it when they rank them #1, it's the kiss of death. FUCK.

In other news, 5 of the top 10 are SEC teams.

10. caseykasem

caseykasem
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

OU is overrated. If they had a team that was deserving of a top 5 ranking, they would have run over UTEP on Saturday which simply didn't happen. The defense looked awful against the run.

I hate Alabama but holy shit did they look good against an overrated Michigan team.

11. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think that is pretty fair. USC looked very good, but Bama looked insanely good for stretches. Sure Michigan is probably not a top 10 team yet, but I'd say they would be comfortably top 20 and Bama just battered them.

Oregon is interesting yet again. Its nothing new but do they ever reload. They were talking about Saban's system and plugging in new runners, but damn Oregon started a RS freshman at QB and an unproven RB and that offense didn't miss a beat. Sure its Arkansas St, but I can't fucking wait for that game against USC.

12. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For one, they would be benefiting from a legacy of lies and boy rape. Regardless of their personal implication (or lack thereof), they'd still be standing on the shoulders of the most heinous in NCAA history.

Secondly, if they can punish schools for the occasional perks from boosters, this should be as easy as a young boy's supple asshole.

13. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd say that was 50% Yeldon and 50% the best OLine in the country. Those guys are just fantastic. They showed some stat that the 'Bama RBs were all averaging 5+ yards before getting touched by the defense. That's the line right there.

14. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ohio State's offensive line is going to get mauled once conference play starts. Every run over 2 yards today so far has happened because of UCF being out of position.

15. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd worry about their D allowing UCF to march down the field at will far too often.

16. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Damn shame Air Force could not pull the upset of Michigan. I am still hopeful that the Mountain West Conference could surprise some people this year.

I was nice to see Oregon State pull the upset on Wisconsin. It would be nice to see if UCLA can do the same to Nebraska. I am not so hopeful there as I do not ever recall UCLA stepping up in football ever.

17. trojanstf

trojanstf
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Gus Johnson makes everything better. This UCLA-Nebraska game is just about the most intense thing ever with him announcing.

SC looked alright today. Defense looked like they were playing just hard enough to keep Syracuse at a safe distance in the second half, not sure how much the hour weather delay played into that. It's going to be really hard to stop our offense this year though with Woods and Marquise as well as a pretty good backfield. When both of our receivers are on I don't think there is a defense who can contain them.

And always nice to see an SEC team lose to an unranked team.

18. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dunno why Arkansas was #8 to begin with. I'm shocked they lost to Louisiana-Munroe, but I thought they were very over-rated, even for an SEC team.

Not to take anything away from Mizzou, but UGA looked awful. Way too many turnovers and stupid penalties. I'm happy they won, but that's the kind of shit you'd expect to have worked out by week 2.

19. FreeCorps

FreeCorps
    Expand Collapse
    #1 Internet Boo

Well it doesn't help when your (extremely) dark horse Heisman candidate gets hurt. But yeah, their defense looked atrocious. They were up 28-7 before the wheels fell off.
    For Florida, they may have won, but dammit. Driskel, you are a bad QB and should feel bad. He can't read off his first option. The announcers kept harping on it, and it's one of the few times I agreed with them 100%. He would look, and if his primary option wasn't open he'd spaz out and try to run. He was like that kid who plays Madden and only looks at one receiver no matter what.
    One person that impressed me was the QB for Mississippi State, Russell. He's got a friggin gun, plus he had that Marino like poise where defensive linemen would be at his feet or an inch from him and he'd just shuffle to the side and throw a good pass. Look out for that kid.

20. Puffman

Puffman
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sacramento State is playing their way out of some pretty good paydays. Last year Oregon State paid them $500,000 to travel up to Corvalis and beat them. Today Colorado paid Sac $500,000 to travel out and lay an upset on them. Only ten more teams to go and Sac State will own the Pac 12.