Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2011 NFL Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Blue Dog, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

2. serenohills

serenohills
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

The Packers cut A.J. Hawk. Apparently he was due $10 million next season. Smart move on their part; he never lived up to the hype. They should bring Nick Barnett back, though, and use the first-round pick on either an offensive lineman or running back.

3. hoju

hoju
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Attached Files:

4. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone else think it's funny that Carson Palmer basically gave the Bengal's the biggest fuck you possible? "I have 81 million dollars in the bank, I'm playing for the love of the game." This motherfucker (I mean that in a goodway) didn't say "I'm worth 81 million" he didn't say "I have 81 million dollars in assets" he said "I have 81 million dollars in the fucking bank right now." That's some shit right there. I wonder how many other players have that much just sitting in the bank.

5. serenohills

serenohills
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

So much for that. LOL

6. serenohills

serenohills
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

What he said was awesome, but I have a hard time believing the $81 million in the bank. If he does have that much, he must lead the most boring life of an NFL player in history.

7. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Well, he's made around 80-85 million in salary since he came out, plus any endorsements, and maybe he has a good financial advisor. Additionally, if you hear him talk, he is kind of a country boy despite being from Southern Cal, so I can't see him racing around in Ferraris or buying 15000 sq ft mansions in Beverly Hills. The number seemed high, but now when I think about it, I can see it.

8. zwtipp05

zwtipp05
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Yeah, he's from Fresno, which is pretty much the Kentucky of California.

9. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's amazing how much money you can save if you don't buy dozens of expensive luxury cars, several mansions and properties you will never live in, invest in absurd businesses your "friends" pitch to you, and aren't paying off several different baby mamas.

10. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And then you have JaMarcus Russell, apparently broke after blowing through $38 million in 4 years.

11. mattyblu

mattyblu
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Tiki Barber is coming out of retirement. What the hell?

12. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He needs money? I don't think his broadcasting contract was renewed and he had a pretty nasty divorce, if I recall.

13. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If he needs money, he sure picked a shitty time to try to play in the NFL...

14. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

No doubt. I'd think, especially right now with so much uncertain shit about next season, he'd be leaning more towards endorsements than anything else. Who wants back in when there may be a lockout? It's kinda weird.

15. JGold

JGold
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

A bunch of signs are starting to point to the Panthers taking Cam Newton No. 1 overall. If they do, it's goddamn retarded and y'all will witness me breakdown like the day Andrew Luck decided to stay in school. However, I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think the Panthers' interest in Newton is a feint. They're trying to bait other teams into trading up to get him. If they somehow trade down a few spots and snag AJ Green, I'll have an erection for a solid week.

As far as the labor negotiations, at least it sounds like progress is being made. I'm optimistic for the first time in a while. Ah, what am I saying? Fuck the 2011-12 season! Lockout! Lockout! Lockout! Let the Panthers draft No. 1 again so I can gargle Luck's balls.

16. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't believe in jinxs, but I think they're going to get a deal done. The owners are screwed without that TV nest-egg they were betting on so a deal will be done by tomorrow or another extension. The way things are going, it's a foregone conclusion the players are going to win in the long run if they stay in this Doty guy's court.

17. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah yeah yeah. But is Favre playing or not?

19. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

Well I guess if there's a lockout it's guaranteed that Favre won't be playing in the NFL next season. Football Gods have spoken?

20. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's perfect for him. He won't have to worry about skipping OTAs, practice, pre-season games, etc because they'll be cancelled. He can just show up after the lockout is eventually over and play,.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.