Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

The 2011 NFL Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Blue Dog, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

Well, season's over, and now we are all left with the abysmal feeling of not having anymore football for 6 whole months. Hell, maybe even longer than that, if the assholes who are running shit can't come to an agreement over just how many millions they are willing to rake in hand over fist.

I hate the offseason, because its not the onseason. But there is still plenty to discuss. Will the owners lockout the players? What will happen with free agency? What about the draft- what are your teams needs? Should there be a rookie wage scale? Am I the only one that is completely disgusted by the fact that they had Michael effin' Irvin interviewing Ben Rongrastname before the Superbowl about his off the field antics as if he were some sort of guiding light?

Fuck. No more football. Fuck.

2. Tom Ato

Tom Ato
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

3. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

A friend showed me these the other day. The deal is, Nike is taking over the NFL equipment contract from Reebok. These were supposed to be the next generation of uniforms but turned out to be fake. I thought they actually looked pretty nice but plenty of people were outraged when they seemed to be the real deal. What are your thoughts? My favourites are the New England and the Atlanta jerseys.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/the-f...y-unprofessional-looking-photos/?pid=27#image

4. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The Vikings jerseys in that look like what I used to have in Madden '07.

5. hoju

hoju
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Apologies if this has already been posted.
    What better way to spend the off season than to wonder what Brett Favre is gonna do?

#5 hoju, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  6. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I'm confused. Is this real or not?

7. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

No they're fake.

8. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Good. Phil Knight is rich enough as it is.

9. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

No its fake. Some guy created them for his blog/forum. While Nike is taking over for Reebok in 2012, NFL teams are responsible for their uniform designs. Nike can just change the material and cut of the jerseys.

10. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone else see revised equipment, specifically helmets, to prevent this whole concussion/brain damage thing on the horizon? Seems to me that you can't make them hit cleaner, can't make them slower or smaller, so you make the pot on their noggin better.

11. SMUGolfer

SMUGolfer
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

The problem with helmets is that because there is so much protection, there is no fear of knocking skulls and players initiate contact with their heads instead of shoulders. So the paradox is whether to add protection while enabling players to go headfirst or to lose helmets altogether and thus lose the huge hits that everyone loves.

12. hotwheelz

hotwheelz
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here's a really good article on the lockout:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/on-bubbles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos ... on-bubbles</a>

13. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Interesting proposition for the 18 game schedule. This would solve a few problems and make things a little more interesting. Thoughts? I like it. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...ys-agent-proposes-compromise-on-18game-season

14. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

I like it too. It seems to address every issue that has been brought to the table leading into the next season.

15. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Plus Tom Brady had something to do with it. He's my flame. My muse.

16. JGold

JGold
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Panthers need to play up any interest they might have in Newton. Several teams have him as their No. 1 prospect, and might get scared into a trade if they think Carolina will pull the trigger. I'm looking at you Dan Snyder. Terrible year to hold the top pick, but maybe I'm just jaded because I had Andrew Luck fever.

17. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At this point it's always a terrible year to hold the number 1 pick. Some kid out of college just isn't worth that kind of cash. It's for good reason so many teams with top picks have been trying to trade down in recent years (and with limited success I should add). If Luck had declared, it would look a lot better, but he's still unproven. The only early pick (by that I mean top 5) I can remember recently that really made me say 'no way this guy is a bust' was Suh.

18. MoreCowbell

MoreCowbell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Al Davis just made Richard Seymour the NFL's highest paid player for the next two years. Yahoo is reporting $30 mil, $22.5 mil guarenteed.

Seymour is good and all, but $15 mil good?! And at 31 years old? And while Asomugha is unsigned?

Honestly, one of these days, Davis is gonna come out and say he's been fucking with us.

19. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

These are up in the air between great and terrible.

Great: Saints, Eagles, Jets, Patriots. Fucking Captain America jerseys, I love it.

Terrible: Steelers, Jaguars, Chiefs, Vikings. Red on yellow is just not a great color scheme.

Is it just me or is the Browns jersey basically the alternate jersey they have now? Definitely looks familiar.

20. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.