Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

That's not cheating...NOW that's cheating

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LongVin, Nov 21, 2015.

1. LongVin

LongVin
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

A friend of mine is dating a super political vegan. Meat is murder, honey bees are tortured for their honey, etc. etc. Because of this out of respect she doesn't eat meat around him. However, he considers it cheating on him to eat meat at all. And, when he finds out she eats meat he freaks out on her that she is cheating on him by eating said meat.

Recently, me and her went out for dinner and had ribs. She explained the insanity to me and how she was according to him now cheating on him and asked me my opinion on it. I told her I thought he was completely bat shit insane and said:

"Eating ribs isn't cheating, getting railed from behind while eating ribs, that's cheating."

This of course got me thinking that there has to be other crazy ass ideas of what constitutes cheating out there. So let's here them.

FOCUS: What have you or someone you know considered cheating that most people wouldn't consider cheating?

ALT FOCUS: Do you or someone you know consider things that must be people would regard as cheating as being OK?

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I watched the rest of the third season of Orange is the New Black without my wife, and I feel pretty guilty about it. She would be devastated.

3. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Netflix cheating is a thing and I've been yelling at my girlfriend about it. If we both like Aziz Ansari, even saw him live together...and his show hits Netflix, it's cheating to start the show without me. We have plenty of shows we don't watch together, but come on.

On a more serious note, I wouldn't consider my girlfriend hooking up with another girl cheating even if I wasn't there. I have a friend who 100% considers it cheating. I can see both sides. Now I'm just saying hooking up. Of course shit becomes an issue if it becomes a repeated thing with one girl and I start getting blown off for that girl. But if it's just hooking up, like a random night in Vegas, I'm 100%...just want to hear the details, told very slowly.

4. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One of my female friends has an old roommate who is a crazy person. Her list of "I consider this cheating" that Ive been relayed second hand include: Not immediately deleting Tinder or the like from their phone (she still has it though cause 'my friends and I think its funny!); hugging a girl she doesn't know when she's not around; texting with an ex even if they are friends and said ex is married.

I havent been in a relationship in awhile so there isn't much on the minimal/casual scale that would bother me.

5. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

I see what you did there.

So how did she respond to your proposition?

6. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I always put cheating as the action. You know, fucking someone besides your better half and all that jazz.

7. LongVin

LongVin
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I had a conversation with another friend about the whole texting or hanging out with the ex thing. My logic was as long as the person is up front about it, let's you know "Hey me and X have a history together, but we are just friends now," it's cool. You provided me with the necessary information, explained your reasoning and if you trust the other person it shouldn't be an issue, guys and girls can friend. My friend took the opposite approach and she said "No, you never tell them you were with them. Because they will get pissed and not want you to hang out with them. " I said that was dumb, because eventually they would find out the history and then be even more pissed that you lied to them about it.

And, then there is the even more extreme version of this another friend came up "Your girl can’t have any guy friends. Because, a guy friend is just a guy she hasn’t fucked yet. Girls and Guys can’t be friends."

8. TJMax

TJMax
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

When someone says, "Yeah, I cheated on her. I mean, I didn't have sex with or kiss the other woman..." I'm that asshole who says "Well then how the fuck did you cheat?!" Jealousy is stupid, hail Lilith.