Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

That's a Dealbreaker

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Roxanne, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Benzilla

Benzilla
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Short hair on women can get confusing. Sometimes it's really attractive on young girls but then I see women in their late 40s try the same thing and fail miserably. I think it depends on the face.

2. annabanana

annabanana
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Soft-manicured hands are literally gross to me. I work with attorneys all day who have prettier hands than me and it's creepy. I'm not saying you have to have dirt under the nails but have hands that reflect you do more than lotion them up thrice daily.

I love the feel of rougher hands on my skin, it's such an exquisite sensation. If there's soft hands caressing my skin, they better belong to a hot woman.

And no tiny hands either. Ew. Once broke up with a hot drummer because he had little hands and delicate fingers. A drummer for christ's sake. He could make me cum playing a solo but make me wither touching my body.

3. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh absolutely. Note I'm not talking about a dyke spike, because that's just weird. I didn't know who that Natasha-Gregson-Whastit was, so I looked her up and found this:

[​IMG]

Granted she's apparently 40, no clue how old in that airbrushed photo, but anywhere between that and my avatar's hair is perfect and makes me want to pull on it GRAWR

4. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll throw in my vote to short hair. Unless it reaches past her nape (and is not a mullet) odds are I'm not going to be attracted.

And if I'm not attracted to her face, no matter how hot the body is the overall answer is going to be a no. I've been ridiculed mercilessly by friends for this over the years, but I can't overcome it. Any butterface is a no.

Also, if her ribs, elbows, knees and hands stand out to where she looks like a skeleton in a flesh colored condom, the limit of my involvement is going to be force feeding her a steak and mash. I'm a solid guy and want something I can throw around without breaking.

5. tntnikki

tntnikki
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I have hygiene issues.

I cannot seriously consider anyone who has dirty teeth or fingernails. If you have hair, care for it- clean, comb and trim it, thanks!

(I would have been fine with the shiny belt buckles- I would have laughed- but it would not have broken the deal.)

6. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll second that. Fortunately, when it comes to women, most with hygiene problems have other serious detractions that rule them out long before you get within range.

7. Indiana

Indiana
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

- Guys in big obvious brand names or anything flamboyant. You're a dude, you're not supposed to care what you wear.
    - Smokers
    - Hair with any kind of product in it. I despise hair gel with all of my being.
    - Jewelry
    - Fake tans

Basically, you're a guy. I want you to look and act like a guy. Rough hands, hairy body, dirty shoes, old favorite baseball hat.
    I'll be damned if I'm waiting around for one while he manscapes to perfection.

8. Marburg

Marburg
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

For some reason I have a revulsion to Hispanic girls who still speak with that horrendous Spanish accent. Especially if it's Castilian Spanish with the way they pronounce words like Bella or the j sound. They could literally be the hottest Spanish chick ever and I would want to punch them square in the face for such crappy pronunciation. The other thing that gets me is when they mispronounce words in English and I'm forced to correct them because I can't stand to hear them maul the English language so horribly. I apparently have mom issues....... so whatever fuck you.

9. PewPewPow

PewPewPow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Stupidity is an instant turn-off for me. Yeah it's not physical but when the word "like" comes out of your mouth every 30 seconds it makes me want to physically hurt you.
    As for the purely shallow; chicks that don't suck dick, wear sweats in public, and have hair on their buttholes all get the boot. I know the last one is a little weird but if I'm doing you doggy I don't want the odor of shit to waft up to my nostrils. In general waxed booty holes have proven to not be smelly.

10. Nitwit

Nitwit
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dealbreaker? There's no dealbreaker; just reasons to drink more before sealing the deal.

11. ILikePie

ILikePie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

So what am I supposed to do about the hair on my back that I can't reach?

Focus: I will not under any circumstances date a woman who: doesn't read for enjoyment, has shitty taste in music, is stupid, is unfunny, has no ambition, or has no love for the outdoors.

I'll put up with a lot of physical ugly if you tickle me intellectually, but if any of the above apply to you then you should keep walking.

12. Rising Sun

Rising Sun
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Any girl that wears those big dumb sunglasses no matter where they are, even inside, is a shallow cum dumpster of despair.

Also:

-Ed Hardy
    -Fake Tans

Basically New Jersey can keep its trash.

13. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

I'm going to third or fourth the makeup thing. Over the years I've noticed that the women I've most attractive are the ones who it appears aren't wearing makeup. As soon as I notice it, it becomes an instant knock.

That and women who have a lot of obvious designer stuff. That is just because it is usually accompanied by a shitty pretentious personality.

edit: Oh yeah, fuck big sunglasses too. First thing I think when I see those is, "probably a butterface in disguise." Between big sunglasses and these potato sacks women seem fond of wearing lately, you can't even tell what a girl actually looks like anymore.

14. IAmWillIAm

IAmWillIAm
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Really loud, high pitched voices. I never experienced this until I moved to San Francisco and started riding the bus a lot. The girls that sit in the back of the bus and talk so loud that it hurts my ears in the middle of the bus, I hate them, and now every time I hear a girl talk like that I am immediately turned off, no matter how physically attractive they may be.

Also, women with no curves. E.G. Asian women*. If I wanted to fuck a 10 year old boy, I'd join NAMBLA, but I don't, I want something to grab on to, squeeze, and motorboat. There's nothing better than having a girl riding you cowgirl and having her tits rubbing your face while you're squeezing her ass.

*Asian women: If you look like you only eat a bowl of rice once a week, you're out. But if your hips and tits are wider than your waist, you're A-OK.

15. carnac

carnac
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'll jump on the teeth bandwagon. Dont nasty teeth really speak to larger issues. I mean, if you wont spend 2 minutes brushing, what else are you skipping?

16. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So can't we basically say that as men, we expect our women to look like women, and the women want their guys to look like men? And that we look at physical traits that may indicate a personality preference/inclination to one side or the other?

For example, as a guy, at least from what I understand from this thread:

- I am supposed to be hairy, but not excessively because that indicates that I pay peripheral attention to my looks. A good metaphor is my beard; women want it to be scruffy (indicating I can actually grow hair, and thus am a man, grrr!!!), but neither clean shaven (I am a sissy and thusly not able to adequately protect) nor unkempt (I am stupid, careless about myself, and by extrapolation one would wonder what I'd be able to do for my wife).

- I am also supposed to have rough, calloused, strong hands, yet in balance also hands that are, again, peripherally cared for. Soft manicured hands belong in the female realm and when attached to a man they indicate someone that is too self-obsessed and also an afore-mentioned sissy. Long dirty fingernails also indicate the equivalent of an unkempt grizzly-man-esque beard.

- I am not supposed to care how I look, indicating I would prefer to spend my time and mental energies doing other manly things, like killing bears, and grunting. But I do need to be able to occasionally "clean up," shave my beard down to stubble, brush my hair, trim my nails, and provide for my family either financially or socially.

- I should also be large, muscular, but not excessively fat. I should look like a man. This seems obvious as to why (I have read little-to-know votes for either emo-skinny kiddies or any Sherman Klumps).

And women, from what this thread is saying, this is what y'all need to do:

- No body hair that's not on the head. That's our territory. Now, we understand the occasionally stubbly legs, especially in the winter because they provide warmth (on record: I don't, except a tiny bit down there, which is another thread), but let us see what we deem to be excessive (read: visible) hair on the arms, or god forbid under the armpits or on the lip, and that shit immediately turns us off because too much of it would potentially indicate that you'd rather take on our role.

- Clean (wo)manicured hands and feet. These are not functional for you (except to wash dishes, ha!... ok bad joke), and as such need to be kept presentable. Your attention to detail here indicates that you care about your looks, how you present yourself, and understand that good looks are preferable to a mate - namely, us. Attention to good looks also indicates, on a biological level, that you are more ready to procreate, which is what we want to do as well with you, minus the actual reproducing part.

- No excessive makeup. We want you to look pretty, have attention to detail, and well kept, but not to the point of obviously covering up for a major physical flaw. Doing this indicates a severe personality trait (insecurity) that will be covered in another thread from my understanding. Point being, don't do it. Period. I have yet to read one post that says they prefer their women to look like mimes.

- In general, we prefer your hair to be longer-ish. There's a few people on here that like the short hair, but from what I remember they only liked it in specific cases, and not exclusively. On the other hand, there were many people that preferred (sometimes very) long hair. When we are drunk, we want to be able to clearly delineate that you are a female, and not accidentally make out with a member of Panic! At the Disco! thinking they were you.

- Physically, you shouldn't be able to bench press more than us, or at least give off the impression that you one day want to. You should be able to be dominated and controlled... er, uh, I mean you should look feminine.

- This has been covered that it will be covered elsewhere, but certain "physical" traits - an inclination toward large purses, ugg boots, small lap dogs, leggings with flat shoes, etc - are major indicators of undesirable personality traits.

For both sexes:

- Good hygiene. There is not a single poster on here that has written they prefer for your kisses to remind them of last night's dinner, and for your body odor to make them think an animal died. It's no coincidence that it's a major deal breaker; good hygiene also cuts helps prevent sickness and disease, which in turn means that person has an inclination toward longevity.

So again, can't we just say that men prefer for our women to look like women, women prefer for their men to look like men, and anything that blurs the line between the sexes might be considered a dealbreaker (especially an abundance of these traits)?

I mean hell, even look at gay couples: either male or female, one seems to have an inclination toward the "guy" role and the other is almost always the "girl" in the relationship. And straight people ask them that, "so are you the guy or the girl?"

And as an apology for making this a long post, here's some boobs!!
    [​IMG]

17. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

18. jordan_paul

jordan_paul
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Smoking has to be the biggest turn off for me. When a person smokes a pack a day, their hair reeks, their clothes reek and god forbid if you smoke in your house everything is going to stink. i cant stand going to kiss an ashtray.

19. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have gone on record saying I couldn't date a girl long-term who has more than one or two visible tattoos (one of those weird dealbreaker), but I am absolutely 100% certain I could not date long-term, or marry, a female who smokes. Once in a while when you drink, not the end of the world. But a consistent, every-day smoker, I just couldn't do it.

Aside from the obvious smoking side-effects like death and stuff, the leathery skin and discolored teeth and nails are just.... I'm not sure what they remind me of, but it's fucking nasty.

**edit** For whatever reason, the picture in my above post no longer works. But, I promised boobs. Here you go boys:
    [​IMG]

20. WickedBitch

WickedBitch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Men who spit arbitrarily, especially on sidewalks.

Men who chew with their mouths open.

Men who blow their fucking nose at the table. I will get the fuck up and walk out. I don't care if I have to walk home.

Men who don't take their hat off in (at least) a sit-down restaurant.

I guess just a general, widespread lack of table manners will do it for me. Have some couth!