Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

That'll never get old

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ins, Mar 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Focus: As said above, Firefly. Repeat a few dozen times.

2. WickedBitch

WickedBitch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was going to mention this. There was an episode where the husband was bitching that the kids don't celebrate Jewish holidays and the wife tossed out some canned argument about how they don't really celebrate Christian holidays either and he brought up the Easter ham, the Christmas tree and the <something else I can't remember>. I tried to find a clip of it to no avail but it nicely caps off what worked with the series. It had the potential to be a modern day Married With Children.

Focus: Dead Like Me. Only 2 seasons? Really? All of the potential material they could have pulled out of that and they killed it that quickly. The whole cast had so much chemistry. Such a shame. They did a movie a couple of years later without Rube and Daisy. It fucked up the whole flow.

Anti-focus: Nip/Tuck. That final season especially was a joke. The last episode that I could bear to watch was the one where Matt held up a store dressed as a fucking mime. For real though?! I just couldn't continue.

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Having just rewatched this show in its entirety just a few weeks ago, Id have to say this more than any other show Ive seen, needs to be continued or finished properly. I don't think there was a single character that wasn't perfectly cast and who's story wasn't good. Historically speaking there were a few major town fires I think would have been a big story in the next season(s), they were hinting at it in the end of the 3rd.

Ive read John From Cincinnati was kind of a compromise to David Milch since HBO had canceled Deadwood. It gets a lot of hate for being a weird show but honestly it just doesn't compare too Deadwood. I pray that the movies eventually get made.

4. Luke 217

Luke 217
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I would agree with many on here that we would have liked to see more of The West Wing. That show was steaktits. I'm a member of the Lemon Lymon fan club. In a totally non gay way though.

A couple of other shows off the top of my head that should have been on longer were Spaced and Friday Night Lights.

5. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Sorry Doc, but I will 15th Firefly.

Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip I really enjoyed this show. The acting was good. The drama beliveable. And the shit that was supposed to be funny did this weird thing where it was actually funny. But it had the fatal flaw of involving some thinking, and paying attention. Naturally the masses would not allow this. I don't think it even made it a season.

6. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Battlestar Galactica. I wish they would erase Season 4 and probe deeper into the battle between Cylons and humans.

I will seventh Deadwood and second Kings, which will both forever be bitter memories for me. But that is mostly because I miss seeing Ian McShane with regularity.

And just because it needs to be said forever, Firefly. Space and ponies, people, SPACE AND FUCKING PONIES. How could they cancel space ponies? I just don't understand the world...

7. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

And after like 8 reps and 6 posts stating FIREFLLYYYYYY after I specifically told you all that I didn't want to hear that shit, this thread is LOCKED and your chances of posting in it ever again are about the same as Fox ordering 13 new episodes. Like fanbois always do, you have fucked it up forever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.