Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

That was not a very good idea

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Revengeofthenerds, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Sometimes you think something's gonna be fun funny, and it ends up just sucking for everyone involved. Far too often, stupid ideas lead to their logical conclusion. Like this one:

I've had a lot of great dumb ideas. Bottle rocket potato gun. Sling shot acorn wars. Daisy Red Ryder BB gun fights. One time I settled a debate with an in-law when I "dueled" him and pendulum cast a 4 oz surf fishing weight into his chest.

I'm more for the funny, but I've seen bad ideas originate from something originally practical. An in-law friend who wanted to show how homemade napalm works and ended up burning down their porch. A reality tv star who decided to run for president. One of my more vivid memories as a child was when my biological father was throwing rocks at a raccoon in a tree, it caught one, and threw it right back at the stupid fucker. Paintballing is fun but when you rig it to accept propane and you try to shoot fireballs, accept that it eventually will burn the shit outta you (I didn't do this, though I did laugh at lot).

My favorite was when some in-laws decided to pour gasoline down an armadillo hole and "burn 'em out," and yes they all came out, flaming, and proceeded to scatter around their property and start various fires it ultimately took the fire extinguisher from my truck to put out.

Focus: When did you have a good (or funny) idea that ended up blowing up in your face?

Alt. Focus: History (and youtubes) are funny. Feel free to give us examples of others.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

When I was a Cub Scout, my den leader was a white trash horder and I didnt like her. We had a camp out in her back yard where parents could join in as well. In the morning we played kickball and I thought it would be funny to kick the ball at her and yell heads up and she could catch and have a good laugh. The ball was one of those heavy rubber red ones.

So I kicked and right as I was yelling "heads up", she turned around and it hit her right in the face and knocked her out cold. Everyone just paused and I locked eyes with my dad and he had this half-smirk on his face that he was clearly trying to hide. She came to, was crying and reported the incident to whatever regional authority their was for the scouts and I got kicked out.

3. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So did he beat the shit out of you?

FOCUS: I'm not sure if there's anything noteworthy in my past; I'll have plenty of time to think about this while I'm sitting in the lobby waiting to see my parole officer tomorrow.