Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

That Movie looks good....wait HE's in it??

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by Mike Ness, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I really, really disagree with you here. The thread is all opinion so if Pitt makes your stomach turn, to each their own. To say he can not act is inaccurate,his range is incredible. In the film Kalifornia he was not a handsome protagonist, and 12 Monkee's was already mentioned. The past two films he has been in he absolutely carried (Burn after Reading, Ben Button,) and his character in Inglorious Bas. was again excellent, (far from a handsome protagonist) I think the main reason he has not been given more attention by the academy is because of his looks. I would be stunned to see him go his entire career without an award.

2. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    Since Woody Allen has already been covered (I pray every day for his death), I'll go with this smug fucker. Stop mumbling through every scene you're in, you annoying dipshit. He's also completely useless as an actor - someone earlier commented that Warren Beatty stares off into the distance - Caruso does this CONSTANTLY. Fuck.

I enjoy CSI: Miami since it's escapist bullshit, but he fucking ruins it.

3. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I saw 12 Monkeys awhile ago, and didn't care for either the movie or Pitt's acting. Folks here have mentioned enough movies that I had forgotten about to compel me to rescind the lack of range comment. That still doesn't mean I think he can act particularly well, just that he is mediocre across a wide range of roles.

4. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maggie Gyllenhaal. I'm not saying that Katie Holmes will ever win an Oscar but Maggie's wooden acting, melted candle wax face and screaming makes my fast forward finger twitch when I watch The Dark Knight. The scene where the Joker says "Well, hello beautiful..." I just want to be like 'See, this is why he got an Oscar. Even I believe that he thinks that he believes that.'

5. Joka

Joka
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Other than Dazed and Confused, this dude has never done anything for me.

[​IMG]

6. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Renee Zellwegger.

For me it goes past her constant sour face look.
    [​IMG]

I just can't stand this lady. She ruins fucking movies. I will watch a preview and be thinking that something is worth watching and then she shows up and it is game over (Appaloosa). Say goodbye to my eight bucks Hollywood. I won't even watch this shit on TNT in two years just because this lady is so annoying.

You had me at hello my ass.

7. LadyLecter

LadyLecter
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Since my obvious ones have been named (Hugh Grant, Sarah Jessica Parker) I'll go with one that hasn't been mentioned but I can't stand

Joan Cusack

[​IMG]

That strange expression that she always has on her face annoys the hell out of me but really it's her voice. Anytime I hear her speak I want to throw something.

8. Senna Vs. Prost

Senna Vs. Prost
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Jason Schwarzmann I want to shovel-fuck his eye sockets every time I see him.

9. gfunk

gfunk
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Nicole Kidman

Why do film makers keep paying her millions? She can't act and her recent track record is so bad that people joke about her being a sure fire way to make your movie fail.

10. scotchcrotch

scotchcrotch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'll never watch another Eddie Murphy movie.

He skips his own premieres, sold out decades ago, and turns to family movies where the bar for comedy is set very low.

The guy has no respect for his fans or his own legacy.

11. Marjorine

Marjorine
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I have an irrational fear of Nick Nolte. I can't stand to look at him. He is just to fucking creepy. It's not that I don't think he's a good actor, I do. I saw U-Turn before I realized he was in it and by then I was too emotionally involved to stop (excellent movie, by the by). I'm sure I'm missing out on good films with great performances, but I can't bring myself to look at him. There's just something very off about him. Maybe that's why The Spiderwick Chronicles creeped me out way more than it should have. *shudder* I'd post an image but I don't want to have to sift through pictures of his creepy, creepy face.

Also, Shia LaBoeuf. Never liked him and will continue to avoid anything he's in.

12. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The movie would have been better if someone was cast in Leo's role?

You might as well say Cast Away would have been better if someone else was cast in Tom Hank's role.

Honestly though, didn't really like The Departed too much. I mean it was alright, but definitely not an Oscar winner in my opinion, and not half as good as many of Marty's other movies.

Focus: Jon Lovitz. Not funny, fat, disgusting, sweaty grease ball with an annoying voice. Not that he acts anymore, but still, I avoid movies with him in them like the plague. Besides his little rant in the movie Happiness, which was hilarious.

13. IHaveCandyGetInVan

IHaveCandyGetInVan
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I agree that he's annoying, but I think he was a pretty good casting choice in The Departed. His character is insecure, whiny, prone to irrational outbursts, and drinks cranberry juice. Leo's perfect for that. A lot of themes from the movie need the good cop to be flawed/uncool to work.

14. Volo

Volo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As a voice actor though, Jon Lovitz absolutely rules. The critic was glorious.

FOCUS: Will Smith is a douchebag. Actually, that's unfair because it's slander against bags filled with douche. I'll go with fuckbag on this one. Hancock? I Am Legend? I, Robot? Mothering Fucking Wild Wild West? Fuck him, fuck his movies, and fuck his kid.

15. c_norris

c_norris
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

He'll only prove this with the new Karate Kid crap.

Focus: Most of Tyler Perry's work. Sorry, I just don't find the idea of stereotypical fat black women doing stereotypical things to be within shooting distance of funny in any way possible.

16. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Fixed it for ya.

17. sunny jim

sunny jim
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

James Belushi, and Tom Arnold.......how do guys like this get work? They look pathetically grateful though,in that hangdog, sheepish 'please don't draw attention to my deficiencies' way, so I guess you have to give them that.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

He is not funny. Not once, not ever. Not as a show creator, movie creator, writer, director, OR half-assed "actor". The fact that this schmuck is a success is beyond me or probably anybody on this board. He simply has no skill in any department, uses nothing but tablescrap jokes and his target audence must be retarded. see also: Carlos Mencia.

19. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not at all; he has simply targeted a niche market, and done so very successfully. You might as well be asking why shitty shows like "Moesha" or whatever the fuck were popular back in the day, or "Roseanne" if we're talking rednecks.

20. hubadub6

hubadub6
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Focus: Even though he won an Oscar, I still think Nicolas Cage is a terrible actor. That doesn't mean I won't watch his movies--I will, but there's a good chance I'll ruin them for everyone else by laughing anytime he's on screen or groaning in exasperation whenever he deadpans a line. I stopped taking him seriously after I saw Con Air, The Rock, and National Treasure 2 all in the span of a week as an impressionable teenager.

Also, this site doesn't help.