Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

That million dollar business

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by McCann, May 14, 2010.

1. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Check the Sunday paper.

2. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Legal Wiki.

You have a wiki site with pages discussing various legal topics. What constitutes Gross Negligence in New York State? What do I need to do to keep my corporation compliant with new British Virgin Islands Business Companies Act?

Basically, whenever you do a research project at work at your firm, you can then go onto the site and upload the results of your work. Other people can take a look, see what sources you used, verify it, and save themselves hours of time. It would mean in-house attorneys wouldn't need to turn to outside counsel nearly as much.

You would need a system in place to make sure everyone contributing is a licensed attorney, but it seems that with how expensive Lexis and West can be, a really good free resource would have a lot of demand. Then you just sell ads.

....There's a bunch of attorneys on this site. Anyone game?

3. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    Besides Alaska, where the fuck are these states?

Someone in Fargo, ND had a really great idea:
    When you drive to the bar, get drunk, and need a ride home, you can take a taxi, but you still need to get your vehicle from the bar in the morning.
    These people will bring someone to drive your car home for you, with a chase vehicle to pick up the driver at your place. I called them one time and I think it was like $20 to drive me and three friends home. A bit more expensive than a taxi, but still much cheaper than a DUI.
    If I wasn't such a drunk I'd seriously consider starting up a business like that in my hometown.

4. CYbrosis7

CYbrosis7
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Idea: Party Drop

You're at a party, having a good time. Suddenly the one bitch of the party cracks open the last beer.

You're now out of alcohol, cigarettes and weed. You call me, I bring a dimebag, pack of smokes and a bottle of jack and a carton of beer for $160.

Cigarettes - $20
    Dimebag - $25
    Jack Daniels bottle - $35
    Carton - $50

I stay for the party..

5. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Some places in Arizona and Utah will have snow on the ground 9 months of the year. Not that it snows year-round, but that the snow just doesn't ever melt away. Once you get into high altitude, it's not that uncommon. Even Hawaii has snow 365 days a year.

6. Wadget

Wadget
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I had an the idea to have instant rewind and recording features on a radio but just before found out it's an iPhone app.