Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

That gave me the warm and fuzzies.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Dazed And Confused is a super-nostalgic film for me. Not just because my friends and I watched it until we memorized it Rocky Horror Picture Show-style, but because the film itself is so good at channeling teen life, despite the era it takes place in it is comepletely relatable, unsentimental and doesn’t go for the tidy wrap-up in the end: It’s just the end of the day.

It’s just a movie that fun to watch, and it is so detailed you’ll notice something new going on somewhere on screen every time you watch it.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I feel like Can’t Hardly Wait is like that, even though the ending kind of ruins the movie. It would have been better if he never got Jennifer Love Hewitt and he just went off to college. Dazed and Confused is much better though.

3. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I always thought Dazed and Confused was a tad overrated. Good movie, never got the Crown level love some people had for it. Can't Hardly Wait was a great pop comedy. Closer to my middle school/high school experience than Dazed and Confused (era wise) so it is my preferred watch of the two. Still neither hold a candle to Varsity Blues.

Boy does this scene feel quaint today:

4. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Someone else mentioned music and I agree. I can hear a song and immediately remember where I was in life when it was originally on the radio.

Also "antique malls". They're like indoor flea markets and I love pawing through all the old junk. Every once in a while something triggers a memory and ends up coming home with me.

It would be easy for me to be a hoarder, but fortunately I'm also kind of a neat freak so it balances out.

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Theres a mall in Salem, MA thats like that. Instead of just old junk, its old junk, fortune tellers, touristy witchcraft novelties and old Chinese ladies selling porcelain cat dolls. Every time I've walked through it (its connected to a cheap parking garage), its completely empty save for a junky or two passed out in an entry way.

6. Sharona for Moderator

Sharona for Moderator
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

My brothers still plays this.