Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

That gave me the warm and fuzzies.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juice, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

One of my favorite things to do is look as nostalgia websites for things I remember from my childhood. Certain things bring up memories I havent thought about for years. One thing I saw recently was this image. For anyone that had an N64, you'll recognize it:

[​IMG]

Focus: What gets you nostalgic?

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Virtual Sex with Jenna Jameson late 90s nostalgia jerk.

3. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I played more Nintendo 64 than any other video game system and even ran a trivia game on it on another website about 2 months ago, and I don't know what that image is from.

Focus: Music. I can associate probably every time period of my life from middle school going forward with at least one, and probably several songs that were either popular or that I discovered at the time. Sometimes I will listen to a song, even if I hate it, because of nostalgia. For example, I started high school in 2000, and Creed, Limp Bizkit, and Eminem all remind me of the beginning of my freshman year of high school. I never liked Creed and loved the other two at the time but hate them now, but every now and then it's fun to listen to them for the memories.

4. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

FOCUS: Old tupperware and dishes that pop up every now and then.

You know, back in the day, that shit that EVERY family had when you were growing up.

[​IMG]

Or, more specifically, the old "make your own popsicle" forms:

[​IMG]

I see those and I can't help remember being a kid running around outside on my bike, no sunscreen (because we didn't need it), no Internet, no video games... just up early, out the door on your bikes to go around and knock on your friends' doors to see what they were doing, and then having to be yelled at to come in when it was getting dark out.

Hell... my bike from years ago... I saw one on TV the other day and it brought back a ton of memories.

[​IMG]

5. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If it helps, the image brings up memories of the play station 1 for me. And the song Jerry Was a Racecar Driver.

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Bruh. Its Tony Hawk Pro Skater.

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yup. My friend still has that Superman song by badfinger on his party playlist. Takes me back every time.
    PickItUPPickItUPPickItUPPickItUPPICKITUUUUUUP!

Songs really do it for me particularly pop hits from different eras growing up. I helped my brother fix up a car in middle school and the late nineties pop hits played endlessly. Jumper from 3rd eye blind, Lit’s my own worst enemy, Sugar Ray,s every morning. My college dorm was a mix of Chingys Holiday IIIIINNNNN and lil jons FROOOOMM THE WIIIINDOOOOOWS TO WALLZ TO THE SWEAT. DRIP. DOWN. MY. BAAALLLLZ. On an endless loop for months straight. Dave Chappelle’s lil Jon and Rick James were also screamed all hours of the night.

Also if you didn’t build bike ramps out of plywood stolen from construction sites and jump over a line of friends you didn’t have a childhood.

#7 Kubla Kahn, Jun 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  8. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Goldfinger was the band that did "Superman." I was really into punk rock in high school and they were one of my favorites.

And I only played Tony Hawk 64 the one time that I rented it. It was a fun game though and I played a lot of it on Gamecube.

9. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I confused as to how he didn’t get that.

10. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Those toilet paper roll holders made of plastic mesh, sort of, with potpourri pebbles inside that rolled around when you unraveled some toilet paper. I can't find a picture but you know the kind. The whole bathroom experience is different now. Those were the days.

11. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So your the one person who bought a GameCube

12. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

I like to play with my wii.

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That was the days of soft foam toilet seats and hot air brushes.

You see a chain link fence you climb it, even if you can easily walk around. You see a hill, you all battle in full-contact melee to establish the ruler of said hill. And all cool guys should own at least THREE Members Only jackets.

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This one brings back a very specific wave of nostalgia:

15. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Is it me or did Green Day’s music age terribly? It seems so hokey when I hear it on the radio, particularly the Lithium station.

Blink 182 is still very listenable, but I just can’t do Green Day anymore.

16. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think it aged terribly, I just think they play only like 4 of their songs. It is, however, very much 90's sounding punk. I usually change the station when Longview or Basketcase come on. If they played some more stuff off of Warning, which is full of awesome songs like Misery and Macy's Day Parade, it would be better.

17. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I completely agree. Green Day was my favorite band when I was in high school, but now I can't really even listen to their older material. Of course most of what they released after Insomniac is terrible to begin with, though Nimrod and Warning weren't really that bad.

But I still love Blink. Enema of the State is one of my top 5 favorite albums ever, even if I do use the skip button on "All the Small Things."

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

This song makes me nostalgic because it is sooooooooooo 90’s. Right down to every vowel sounding like the letter “A”. This song is to 90’s music what “Airborne” is to 90’s movies:

19. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They were an awesome band.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I liked them. I saw them once with Brother Cane, Tonic and The Verve Pipe. How’s that for a déjà vu lineup?