Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Teaching students how to drink

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mya, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Also, don't be stubborn and say something is bad just because you can't stomach the taste. Johnnie Walker Black is delicious and if you just HAVE to have Gold label to tickle your palate, then take that golden snifter out of your ass and just go splits with me and enjoy the god damn whisky.

"Keep walking."

2. JoeFresh

JoeFresh
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Are we talking about the home made shit or the bottles in the liquor store? we've got two different experiences there boys

3. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Silly girl, that's not rye, it's Crown. Sheesh.

4. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

There is only one rye, and it's Crown.

As long as you don't get whisky and whiskey mixed up, everything will work out fine.

5. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!! You got that backwards. You START with a few nice drinks, then once you're buzzed and can't tell the difference, switch to the cheap stuff. It works every time.

6. shegirl

shegirl
    Expand Collapse
    Redemption Seeking Whore

Really?
    Yup.

7. WendeI

WendeI
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I'm pretty sure I learned this from a thread on the TMMB way back when, and it came in amazingly handy back when I was in university. This is for all the cheap / poor kids that want to drink a lot, have a taste for the good stuff, but can only afford the stuff that tastes like shoes.

Generally this works best with vodka, so I'd stick to that. Go buy the shittiest / cheapest vodka you can, and in a large quantity. Next, invest in a large sized Brita water filter. Get both home, and run the crappy vodka through the filter as many times as you can (5 - 6 I'd say). This will take FOREVER, but trust me, it's worth it. Essentially you're distilling the vodka yourself, and it doesn't remove any of the alcohol from the liquid, just the impurities.

The only downside is, the Brita will be fucked forever more, and should ONLY be used for this purpose. Putting water back into it will just make it taste like vodka, but without the fun side effects.

8. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's called Hangover Juice because it can give you a hangover. Use it as a cruel trick on friends, give them one or two shots of straight vodka to burn their tongues and then alternate between HangoverJuice and vodka. They'll act drunk (and you can call 'em on it) and they won't throw up in your house. Win-win.

9. Mild Sedative

Mild Sedative
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Whether its the beer shits or the liquor shits, at least for me, theres a whole lot of pooping the day after a big night of drinking. Or that might be because of the food I eat. Either way, I usually judge how much i should drink according to the availability of restrooms the next day. Having the hangover poops at a football game is worse than hell.

10. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I learned this from my brother. At the end of drinking, whenever that is, take:-

1 Berocca. You apparently can't get this in the US but it's an effervescent vitamin B tablet you put in water. I like the tropical flavour, it's fruity. Take a Multi-B vitamin if not available.

2 Panadol (paracetamol).

1 large ass glass of water. 2 if you can't have Berocca.

Pass the fuck out in the most comfortable position possible.

11. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    Everyone loves Sloe Cokes when they first start drinking. Eventually you will ingest way to much Sloe Gin and end up with a hangover that would kill an otherwise healthy donkey. You will never touch Sloe Gin ever again.

See that big guy over there? No, you can't kick his ass. He can and will happily beat your dumb ass senseless.

Drinking 24 double shot White Russians is a horrible idea. You will find yourself puking what looks to be chocolate milk all over a bathroom stall by midnight and hating life.

If you drink whiskey to excess, the next day you will sweat whiskey and every damn thing you drink will taste like that vile substance.

Excessive whiskey turns even the most docile person into a raging dickhead. Yes, even you. No one wants to be around someone that has just consumed a fifth of Jack Daniels. You may think you're clever and indestructible, trust me you're not. You're annoying and asking for a beat down.

12. BaseballGuyCAA

BaseballGuyCAA
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

The majority of learning on this subject has been done the hard way. But I've gotten quite a few lessons out of college. In turn, I present BaseballGuyCAA's Ten Commandments to Beginner's Alcohol Consumption

1. If you need to soften or avoid a hangover, pound water before bed. I've tried every other cure, this is the only one that works. It might not be pretty, but force it down your throat. And if you have to piss, piss.

2. If you think there is at least a decent chance of running into a police officer, keep one of these handy. Especially if you are underage. There is nothing you can tell the cops that will help your cause, but an endless list of things that can hurt you.

3. Spiced rum mixed with cream soda is utterly delicious. If you can't find cream soda, root beer is a close second. Go for Admiral Nelson--very close to the Captain in quality, and half the price. The other off-brands (Sailor Jerry, Calico Jack, etc.) taste like ass. Avoid.

4. If you are already drunk, do not smoke pot. I did this once, and never again. Same problems as alcohol poisoning (puking, sweating, general feeling of hell), only you're not blacked out--so you experience every excruciating moment. The image of the world swirling as I clutched at my friend's toilet in a pool of my own sweat is burned into my brain forever.

5. If a cute girl has shown interest in you and you are planning to get drunk with her and bang her, make sure to account for tolerance when getting her drinks. What might be just enough to get over the hump for you will likely leave her swaying, slurring, and on the path towards Blackout City. Which means no pussy for you.

6. Free alcohol is good alcohol. No exceptions, unless roofies are involved.

7. If you can hear the party from the sidewalk, so can the cop walking past in 30 minutes. Learn the warning signs, and don't be stupid.

8. It's been mentioned, but never start a tab with a credit card, unless you plan on leaving without getting bombed. Alcohol impedes the ability to think in the abstract--spending $60 on a round of shots for the whole bar is easy when no cash actually leaves your wallet, but when you actually have to hand over the three twenties, you'll think twice. Yes, ATM fees suck. But drunk as fuck at 1AM, with your friend egging you on to order bottle service for you and the two hotties he just conjured from the dance floor is no time to be calculating a budget. Decide how much you can spend BEFORE you start drinking, do your best to spread it out through the night, and leave when you run out of cash.

9. The beer pong player with the line-drive shot will never, with very rare exceptions, be a champion. Treat it like a free throw--use some arc, shoot it the same way each time, andrely on your muscle memory--and you won't lose much off of your game when you're so drunk you can't see anymore. Furthermore, you've got a better chance of getting a friendly off-the-rim bounce with more arc.

10M. Just because she's hot doesn't mean you are obligated to buy her a drink.
    10F. If you can turn slightly slutty behavior into free booze, good for you. But if he doesn't go for it, that doesn't make him an asshole or give you the right to demand it.

13. MPR32V

MPR32V
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Just have to add my 2 cents to this. Anyone who has never had bundaberg rum, up or op, please experiment with it at home, this shit can be some peoples best friend, myself and a few mates handle it very well, but for others it turns you into the most hate filled violent asshole in the world, so try it at home, if you can handle it, then drink it at bars, I'm sick of getting into fights because fuckers can't handle it

14. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I 100% disagree with this.

15. Sean Daley

Sean Daley
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

So do I. I sometimes get pissed if I can't cap a long day/night of drinking off with a nice bowl of heaven.

And Sailor Jerry is the alcohol of the gods. It's a little cheaper than Jack, is higher in alcohol content, and doesn't taste any worse when mixed with diet coke.

This is a personal one that some people might not agree with, but if you must decide on a beer pong partner and have a very hot chick who is lucky to hit one cup, or a decent looking chick that can make at least 3 cups a game, go with the latter. You have a chance of running the table, having more fun, and she'll become a lot hotter as the night progresses anyways.

16. Samr

Samr
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pedialyte. It's made for young children with diarrhea (to help hydrate them quickly), and adults are supposed to take one ounce every half hour. Chug a half bottle before you go to sleep. No hangover.

17. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think he's referring to the age when you first start out drinking. As in, right after you get your fake ID, there's no reason to go out and start buying Grey Goose and Blue Label.

But for everyone else, you've got the right idea with switching to cheaper stuff once you can't tell the difference.

18. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    The guy who brags about how much he can drink is an idiot. Good for him. A low tolerance is a gift that keeps on giving. It's hard to maintain if you drink all the time, but if you avoid gorging yourself with booze every time you drink (I'm looking at you, Mr. beer bong/paint stick/shotgun contest champion), you can afford to get drunk off beer that doesn't make you register a number 7 on the Bristol Stool Scale the next morning.

19. Allord

Allord
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The Nightmares of children with a 30" Dildo
    I've mixed one of those, I call it a "Whisked Whisky-Whiskey Wicker Whisker".

Tastes almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea.

20. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

See, this all depends for me. (Brace yourselves, I've been drinking tonight... a LOT).

If I know I'm going to be cabbing it to where we're going, I'll pre-game and then hold that shit in (literally), so it can stew and steep and brew some noxious WW1 trench-warfare, mustard gas type plasma... all so I can revel in hot-boxing the cab.

The BEST was when the cab we just got into reeked like 5 day old armpit and groin sweat and head cheese, and the cabbie didn't notice or care. (How fucked up is it that I actually remember this?)

Anyway, I dropped a little biscuit, just the smallest bubble, you couldn't even hear it, and the cab just melted. The DRIVER gagged, and had to pull over because he couldn't see. All my buddies almost threw up.

Yes, we almost had death by flatulence, and I was giggling like a little school girl who just showed her naughty bits to the boys on the school yard.

Yes, that's how guys are wired.

If you're a guy, and don't find that to be legendary, then you suck cock. Not that there's anything wrong with that, mind you.

Just sayin.

But damn, it's a tricky and scary game when you do that... you just hope that you make it to the john in the club before it screams for release. A minor spill/leak in the cab is the worst, and calls for some triage either in the club, (never mind the shit-kicking from your buddies) or before you go in the club.

The thing is, kiddies, when you're old enough, you experience a shit-load of stuff, and you learn to just deal with it. Wait until you start having old-people sex, with imperfect bodies and stuff. You'd think it'd be fucked up, but really, you just go "meh", and deal.

Me thinks its time to sign off from the Fortress of Solitude, Crown on the rocks in hand.

Well, maybe I'll ban Grind/SuperTramp before I go... just for shits and giggles.

Stay tuned!