Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Take your shitty kid and get the fuck out of here.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Frank, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Good lord, it's about time someone did this, Restaraunt bans kids under 6.

Focus: How awesome is this? If it's been legal the whole time why hasn't anyone else done it?

Alt-focus: What other people would you ban and/or what other businesses would you set restrictions on?

Personally I'd love to go to a resort that bans smoking altogether, no designated smoking areas or anything, no smoking period. I'd have to lose some weight for it to benefit me, but what about a private beach with a set BMI or bodyfat percentage?

More importantly though, I want an airline that doesn't let kids under 6 (maybe even 10) on, I hate those little fuckers kicking the back of my seat and crying.

2. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

There's a chain of movie theaters near me that has no-kids showings. They serve alcohol. They also charge like $15 a ticket to see a goddamn movie. But hey, it's a business model.

Honestly I don't think there's many classes of people you can legally ban from anything these days, so this is probably going to be a short thread. However, I know that TiBbers and TiBettes are creative folks and can come up with all kinds of bannable classes. For example, would you run a club that banned anyone with a tramp stamp or tribal tattoo? What about some sort of ginger-free establishment? "No shirt, no soul, no service."

3. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

A Malaysian airline recently banned small infants from first class. Source: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/06/idUS161423618820110706" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/ ... 8820110706</a>

Makes me want to make a ton of money a whole lot sooner. Nothing like a crying, kicking baby behind you to make a mildly annoying experience absolutely excruciating.

4. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

A restrant here does $30 for all you can eat ribs, pizza and pasta. The food is really fucking good, and if you're mildly stoned - it's fucking heaven on earth. You get 90 minutes to stuff your face as hard as you can, and then GTFO.

It's a smaller place, and they've said outright - kids are the same price as adults. We fill every seat and book every slot - we'd have to take a loss to offer anyone a discount - so if you want to show up, you pay full price. If you take up a chair with a pram? You pay for the price of that seat, regardless of if the kid eats or not. You're not eating, you're just hanging out with your friend while they eat? Pay for the meal or get out. It's a smaller venue so they've welded the seats in place so you can't rearrange shit or accidentally take out a server moving your chair. But that also means that fat people might not fit. If you're too fat for the chairs, you're too fat for the all you can eat menu - try the take out. No apologies. No moving seats in for fatties. If you don't like it, try the fish place around the corner.

The place has been around for ages and they've been awesome for ages. They tried to do the franchise thing and run at different locations and with different models - and none of it made them enough money to be worth it. They eventually figured out a model where they make the most profit and just refuse to be nice about it. 'We serve as many people as we can. Some people are excluded by our arrangements, but that means we can continue to run a viable business. If you're one of the excluded people, we're sorry, but we're not changing for you.'

5. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm no business genius, but it seems like banning 90% of your establishment's clientele would be a bad move.

Alt-Focus: An airline that doesn't let babies or fat people on their planes. (EDIT: Like the very first post said. Good for me.)

6. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

I've been getting frustrated with this while staying in hostels during my trip. I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge that hostels are for twenty-thirty somethings and probably one creepy old guy max, but I keep running into families staying in hostels around here. (And it's not like the difference between a private room in a hostel and a cheap motel is that big.) It's particularly bothering me at my current hostel, which is legendary for being a huge party. The whole thing is basically a bar and everyone is always drinking, smoking, and having sex while loud music with vulgar lyrics is playing all day. But I've seen a couple with their one year old son, who got beamed in the head with a soccer ball and trampled like 5 times, and there is a family with 4 kids staying across from me and I have to listen to them screaming all the time. Even when the kids aren't being annoying, the parents are always glaring at everyone for being young travelers enjoying themselves and it makes me feel like I'm getting scolded by a stranger. It's like crashing a party at a frat house and bringing your children with you. Who does that?

Anyway, moral of the story is: Hostels should have an age restriction.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

If you banned striped shirts and fake tans, you would literally break the Guinness record of having least amount of customers in the History Of Anything.

I do like the VIP 19+ theatres here in Ontario. Beer, Liquor, pre-reserved seats, leather reclining seats, you get served at your seat, no kids, but most importantly NO FUCKING TEENAGERS. Kids behave in theatres, if not they usually have their parents to right them. Teenagers are tweeting, screaming little shits who think it's there God-given right to fuck up everyone else's night. My wife and I use the more expensive theatre as often as possible because of this.

8. Stealth

Stealth
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There are quite a few cafes in Melbourne that will not make decaf coffees or anthing with soy milk; and rightly so.

9. Stealth

Stealth
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In Melbourne (Australia) a few bars tried to go "upmarket" and cater to a more discerning and classier clientele.

One place called The Blue Diamond had the idea of charging customers a $500 membership fee. This soon got dropped and now they will let almost anyone in.

Another place called Silk Road had a no denim policy for a year or two and then probably realised how many potential customers they had to turn away each weekend. Now all you need is demin that is not ripped or shitty looking.

"Exclusive" in Melbourne is a misnomer. We are a city of cashed up bogans.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogan</a>

10. hooker

hooker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Let's ban them from supermarkets and retail stores too.

#10 hooker, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  11. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

As much as I'd like that to happen, I feel for stay at home moms who have to take their kids with them to do daily chores and errands. What I'd like to see is some discipline. Maybe my memory doesn't go that far back, but I remember that tantrums NEVER got any attention, and we were always made to stay close by or in the buggy. Or maybe I was just a good kid. In any case, I was no problem at all and feel that if my parents could do it, then why can't others?

I'm all for having businesses set up as "adult" entertainment, free of children. Venues like these are not a required part of your day, and as such, your kids don't have a right to be there. You wouldn't bring your kid to a strip club and probably not a 5 star restaurant. So why not a movie theater? If I could be assured that the adults would be well behaved, too, I might actually fork over an extra 5-7 bucks to watch a movie in peace. I don't go out to the movies very often so I like it to be a good experience when I do.

12. Elset

Elset
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Any chance this is a reputable site?

13. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Kids in grocery stores bug me, but not NEARLY as much as people who pay by check, let's get rid of those old fuckers first.

14. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I worked at a 24-hour diner in high school where you would not be served if you were visibly drunk. I know this might sound shitty, but the waitresses who worked at 3 am were in their late 60s/ early 70s and did not want to deal with drunk bullshit.

Also, children until 12 were not welcome after 8 pm. Teenagers could stay until 10pm. The diner has been open for 60 years with this method.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

So you hate kids, yet on weekends you dress up in costumes with other adults, go into the woods and hit each other with plastic toys. Isn't that like Lindsey Lohan bitching about junkies?

16. Roxanne

Roxanne
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No kids at the symphony.

Seriously, people? I understand taking young kids to see the Nutcracker or something, but to a symphony? They don't want to watch people play instruments, and I don't want to hear them cry about it either.

17. PIMPTRESS

PIMPTRESS
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No kids at the grocery store? Restaurants? Planes?

Here is the problem, taking one's children to these places teaches them. The problem is the lack of parenting. Part of parenting is recognizing WHEN it's a good time to do things with your kids. Kids haven't napped and are teething? Don't take them to the movies. If your kid is being an asshole at a restaurant? Leave. I had to do it but now my kids are very well behaved in these scenarios (except for a plane, as I have not had a reason to subject myself to that).

Kids' behavior is a wonderful reflection of parenting, or lack thereof.

I would ban them from bars, however, I still can't understand why anyone thinks that's a great idea.

18. Devils Advocate

Devils Advocate
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This reminds me of the scene from Sweet Home Alabama..... "You have a baby!.. In a bar!"

19. BeCoolBitch_BeCool

BeCoolBitch_BeCool
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

At our house in college we had a strictly enforced No Flat-Brimmed Caps rule. It was a surprisingly effective way to keep out the underclassmen that would try to steal beer for their dorm rooms.

20. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think there's anything wrong with not serving drunks but did you get any customers at 3 AM? I can't imagine a 24 hour diner populated with sober people in the wee hours of the morning.

Hey, at least we don't randomly cry like little bitches. Well at least most of us don't.

And I don't hate kids, I just don't like dealing with them when I'm:

- Eating
    - In a store
    - Playing video games (unless they are old enough to play)
    - On a plane
    - At the movies
    - At a friend's house
    - At my house
    - At the bar
    - In a hotel
    - On vacation
    - On a business trip
    - In public