Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

SXSW

Discussion in 'Pop Culture Board' started by seelivemusic, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seelivemusic

seelivemusic
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I am going to SXSW for the first time and the amount of activities happening in Austin that week is astounding. I have not purchased any badges yet because there is a possibility that I will be able to volunteer for a music production company and may be able to gain entrance to some events.

This is also my first time in Austin, any ideas or tips ?

2. _RL

_RL
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

ShowlistAustin has a list of free, badge-less shows going on during SXSW. A lot of them have free beer/BBQ, some require RSVP. There should be enough free stuff going to justify not buying a badge.

From my personal experience, stay away from Auditorium Shores, unless you like being a mile away from the stage and overpriced food/beer. Mess With Texas was pretty fun last year, which is another free show at Waterloo Park. They have not officially announced when/who will be playing, but it looks like it's going down.

My friend sent me a nice list of events to RSVP to, if you or anyone else wants it, PM me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.