Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Survey Man-ness.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by downndirty, Jul 26, 2012.

1. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would make far different contributions to the gun control thread.

And I would begin a career at the postal service, and bide my time. If retirement comes before that particular medical advancement, shit would go boom.

2. Misanthropic

Misanthropic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Of my vast collection of foot coverings, i wear these most often:

[​IMG]

Summertime office footwear is this:

[​IMG]

Judge away.

Focus: What a fucking waste of bandwidth. Or MBs. Or whatever the fuck you kids build the interwebs out of.

3. tweetybird

tweetybird
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My husband loves his many pairs of brightly colored socks. Stripes, polka dots, and checks, he has them all. Also at least 10 pairs of cufflinks. Also pocket square count is currently at 4 or 5 if I'm not mistaken. Also, he swears by his 5 pairs of Ferragamo shoes (if you think Allen Edmonds is high end...).

He's always wanted to look grown up and put together. In college, when he could barely afford shit, he wore dress shoes, dress pants, and button downs to class on days that he also worked (which was in the admissions office and as a tour guide, neither of which required that he dress up) because he wanted to look professional. I had to help dude buy his very first pairs of jeans and khakis while we were dating because he had nothing in his wardrobe between the aforementioned outfit and cargo shorts/t-shirts.

He works in tech in SF, which means pretty much everyone comes to work in jeans, sneakers, and hoodies. He's at the Director level, though, usually working with people who are older than he is. By taking care with his appearance and looking professional, there's definitely a bit of That Guy going on, but it also garners him some respect and gravitas. Clearly, the guy who doesn't mind standing out, especially in a polished way, is a guy who doesn't give a fuck what you think.

Plus, doing his own thing, having a point of view, and looking good is a hell of a lot sexier to me than "URGH. Me MAN. Me no LIKE FASHION."

4. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Does he prefer purple polka dots on a yellow background or brown vertical stripes on blue? And do some of the residents of SF incorrectly judge his sexuality?

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Residents of SF don't judge. Ever.

6. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, these are real shit-kickers, alright:

[​IMG]

I'm getting a pair of those babies soon. Steel toes, non-conductive soles, and classy as hell.

7. Pussy Galore

Pussy Galore
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Precisely. Size matters to me in that I'd like to be able to feel it when I have sex with someone, but I don't want to feel as though I'm being impaled. Average is perfect.

Also, people need to get tested, especially in this era. Herpes will get you, or even worse, antibiotic resistant gonorrhea. Gentlemen, say hello to a life of swollen testes and burning urination.

8. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I love the sentiment that if you try to look nice, you're gay or something. I live in the city of Chicago. I know some of you live in bumblefuck, that's cool. I'm going to dress nicely, especially to work where I am young and I need a lot of shit I said to be believed without a ton of follow-up questions. Dressing a certain way helps that.

Most importantly, I like girls that dress nicely and take care of themselves. I'm not going to ask a girl to do something that I'm not doing. I've upped my clothing game considerably in the last 2 years and it has impacted my dating life considerably.

Also, y'all need to stop hatin' on socks. You need to talk to RG3 or my boy Herm Edwards. If you're wearing a suit to work, have socks that compliment your tie, shirt, or pocket square. That shit is just fly. But I can understand how some of you people don't understand how it works and the impact it has.

Focus: All those men are liars. That's all I can say about that. They have a sister site that links to the female one (or they have done such in the past.) That is just as entertaining to read. All those men are paragons of right and good in the world...wait...hm...did the entire TiB take that survey?

#48 Parker, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  9. cdite

cdite
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I fail to see the issue with ankle socks, granted my pairs of matching socks are few and far between but would you rather the guy look like a basketball player from the 70's with shorts, shoes and knee high socks? The only time I wear non ankle socks is either at work because I have to wear boots, or with dress shoes.

10. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But if you're in an office setting, why would you give a shit about non-conductive souls and especially steel toes? Thats going to make the shoe heavier and way more of a pain in the ass. A nice dress shoe doesn't weigh you down.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I will only wear ankle or really low-cut socks if I wear shoes with shorts. No matter who you are, guys look like schmucks when they wear shorts with socks pulled up. Your Retardation Meter's mercury climbs like coked-out sherpa.

12. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've got more footwear than Imelda Marcos. Flop-flops, slides, crocs, Birkenstocks (sandals, clogs and casual shoes), Timberland work boots, cabelas kangaroo hide hunting boots, LL Bean Maine hunting boots, dress shoes (2 pairs of Allen Edmonds, one just purchased last week) Hush Puppies buckskins and chucka boots, and two pairs of Tony Lama cowboy boots and probably a half dozen pairs of sneakers. But the one thing I notice most about another mans shoes--how well they're polished, if at all. My shoes for work get shined every Sunday night the way my USMC DI father taught me.

13. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I will fully admit to being a T-Shirt and jeans guy. However, it is nice to have a few things to dress up with in the closet. I don't give much attention to things like pocket squares, and cuff links. I will make sure if I am going somewhere that requires my Sunday best, my shoes will be polished*, my pants and shirt will be pressed, and my socks won't be white.

*When I have the cash to buy dressy size fifteen boats. My lack of shoe options is less to do with the fact that I don't like shoe shopping, and more to do with the fact that I don't care nearly enough about shoes to deal with the fucking hassle of finding them.

14. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm black, so I do not understand the concept of actually wearing Timberland boots as work boots. I mean, how could you wear

these
    [​IMG]
    or these
    [​IMG]
    on a construction site?

15. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

It's for the construction workers who want to express a little pizazz. You know, when their boots cover up their polka dot socks and they need something a little more visible.

16. subgeniuschick

subgeniuschick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I work in an office setting, but we also have a manufacturing area that we have to go out in. We need to meet the safety standards for this area, which means these (or something like them). Men are spoiled when it comes to a "dressy" type safety shoe.

Here's the best I've found so far, and let me tell you, I look s'ssssmoking in them.

Attached Files:

17. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think your lack of understanding stems from the use of "I'm black" and "work" in the same sentence.

18. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    [​IMG]

19. DannyMac

DannyMac
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I will be the shallow bitch and admit that when I sizing up another guy that I meet for the first time his shoes are factor in that. *Makes note to get his black dress shoes shined again. They look slovenly."

I have one shirt that requires cufflinks and will wear it to weddings, but even in corporate sales it's a rare thing to see. I actually enjoy a good pocket square, but would never wear one in a business setting.