Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Survey Man-ness.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by downndirty, Jul 26, 2012.

1. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.askmen.com/specials/great_male_survey/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.askmen.com/specials/great_male_survey/</a>

I took this a few weeks ago and it has already inspired two fights with The Girlfriend.

Focus: discuss elements of the survey.

Alt-Focus: TIBer's survey. What do you want to know?

2. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

Bump.

3. Dcc001

Dcc001
    Expand Collapse
    New Bitch On Top

My first thought reading this survey is that what people will admit to, and what behaviour they actually DO, are different. For instance:

- The vast majority of men (in this survey) claim they would never cheat
    - The vast majority of men are only somewhat satisfied with their sex life, and the runner-up option is "I have no sex life."

My real-life experience is that, for men, the quality of the sex is their barometer for how healthy their relationship is. If there is no sex, or it's kinda shitty, then the relationship is on the rocks in a lot of guys' minds. And that's a recipe for a wandering eye.

But then, I'm a chick. What do I know about such things?

4. subgeniuschick

subgeniuschick
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Well there's 35% we can kick to the curb. Seriously?

*I think this survey was secretly completed by women*

Attached Files:

5. ssycko

ssycko
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I got to here and stopped regarding the results in this survey as anything meaningful:
    [​IMG]

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Fix.

7. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

"62% believe in the existence of aliens."

Wait, it's that low? So the other 38% believe in earth and that's it? The fuck?

8. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

I like to smack his ass and leave handprints. Smacking abs doesn't fulfill me in quite the same way.

9. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Right on man! So cool right now tats, clothes and glasses are a far better way to show what an individual you are. Those sock guys are just lame!

For the record I have a 100% homogonous collection of black cotton sock. Fuck sorting socks.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

What MAN honestly gives a flying fuck about socks of all things? Half the time mine don't match. I only have mostly black sport pairs and some white. NOTHING else. Why? Because they're socks. How often do you even notice a guy's shoes? Let's see....never.

11. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Because wearing unmatching socks makes you look like a fucking benny.

Once some of my socks start to fail I go out and buy 20 pairs of new ones and chuck out all my old ones. Only need to do this every couple of years, it's economical and easy. And yes Bewildered I wear the black bastards when working out, becuase I'm a man and don't give a fuck.

Am I the only one who does this?

12. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

Wrong. I judge men on their shoes most often. Jeans/pants are the runner-up. (When it comes to clothing choices, obviously.)

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I wear sandals or flip-flops pretty much exclusively from April to October unless the occasion requires otherwise. Does that mean every female thinks I'm a cheap loser?

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I have one pair of dress shoes, a pair of Timberland boots, UA shoes for the gym, and three pairs of Chuck Taylors (which I have constantly owned at least one pair of for over 25 years).

My best friend has more than SIXTY pairs of shoes. His wife has a third of that. He probably has a pair to play fucking video games in. Ridiculous. I badger him about it whenever I can.

15. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I unfortunately own more pairs of shoes than many guys I know:
    7 pairs of boots, 6 of which are steel toe flight boots.
    5 pairs of sandals, because sandals are the go-to summer footwear.
    3 pairs of pumas, old and new.
    1 pair of running shoes.
    1 pair of slippers.
    2 pairs of dress shoes, 1 uniform style shiney & 1 suit.

19 pairs of shoes for a single guy, but each shoe has its purpose even if that purpose is being a backup.

16. guernica

guernica
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

FOCUS

Going on the survey, it looks like men aren't the only ones who have to worry about their partner "faking it".

Parts of the survey I found interesting were:

[*]Only one in ten American males would take male birth control
    [*]Dudes still lie when it comes to caring about the size of their penis
    [*]A lot of people stay friends with their exes after break up. I don't talk to any of my exes
    [*]Anal is still taboo

I own seven pairs of shoes. Three are necessary (work and sport), one is a nice pair to wear with a suit, and the other three are just normal. Two of those three are a bit nicer and I only purchased in the last few months, as I've recently spent a bit more time, effort and money on my clothing/style.

17. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow, it's good to know that not all women are shallow bitches...

Try some Red Wings one of these days. I've never even heard of Allen Edmonds, but I'm sure any pair of Red Wings will outlast and outperform them.

For the record, I've been using the same pair of Red Wing boots for 7 years. I have another pair that I use for dirty jobs that I've had since before Li'l Bandit was born (They're 12 years old. They look nasty as hell, but I could still walk 500+ miles in them. They're that good.)

18. RCGT

RCGT
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I used to be into sneakers. Then I realized that was stupid and expensive. So now I'm into dress shoes. More precisely, I'm into looking at shoes I can't afford and sighing deeply. It's much easier on the wallet.

You gotta remember that 'Sack's a lawyer. Don't see how workboots would "outperform" dress shoes in a courtroom. Unless you're a simple country lawyer like this guy:

#18 RCGT, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  19. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

And here I was, worrying about insulting people's intelligence by deciding to clarify that I judge the shoes most often when it comes to their clothing choices alone, not as a factor of the man as a whole.

I was originally laughing at the guys who chose socks as their answer for the personal style question, but I finally found the question and I'm going to give them a break based on the other options: glasses, cufflinks, or pocket squares. Do guys even wear cufflinks or pocket squares anymore?

I think the question that bothered me most was #23 in the dating section: "Do you care if her friends are aware of the romantic gestures that you make for her?" Thankfully most people answered "No," but the fact that there were the options of "Yes, part of the please for me is knowing that they are jealous," "Yes, part of the pleasure for her is knowing that they are jealous," and "Yes, part of the pleasure for me is knowing that their boyfriends are jealous." Ew. People think that way?

And the 56% of people who answered "I don't care how my penis stacks up" are all liars. All of history has been motivated by a dick-measuring contest.

I think someone on here works for Ask Men. I feel like all of those questions were pulled from a conversation that has happened here in the past month or two.

20. LessTalk MoreStab

LessTalk MoreStab
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I wore cuff links today and do 3/5 days. They be sharp. And RM Williams dress boots are the height of male foot ware awesomeness, got 3 pairs, love em.