Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Supernatural

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by rbz90, Oct 25, 2010.

1. rbz90

rbz90
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

It's a pretty dopey show, that can only be enjoyed if you take it for what it is: Just turning your mind off and watching some monsters get slain. That being said I started watching it when it first started and have been keeping up. I thought last season would have been it and it probably should have been, but it looks like they've continued it for one more. Does anyone else like this show?

2. JohnQ

JohnQ
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I really like this show actually. Last season was pretty good, particularly the 4 horseman and the episode about the hotel full of pagan gods. The season has been pretty decent too. I'm a big fan of both the angel Castiel and the demon Crowley. Its got a pretty good sense of humor to it and doesn't really seem to take itself too seriously.

On a side note, after mentioning that I liked one of the jackets that Dean wears occasionally, my girlfriend found me one at a military surplus place. Its some kind of an olive drab military field coat.

3. Durbanite

Durbanite
    Expand Collapse
    Eeyore

Weymouth, U.K. (formerly Durban, South Africa)
    Yes, it is formulaic, but if you turn off and wait for Jensen Ackles (Dean) to open his mouth, I'm pretty sure you'll be laughing at what comes out. There's at least one (partially) funny sexual innuendo out his mouth per episode. He always brings the funny. Or maybe that's just the booze talking...

That said, I've always liked the style of the Winchester boys. Still waiting on season 4 on this side. Fuck. (Yes, I know it's screened at least 6 seasons in the U.S. - fuck off)

4. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I agree--if you take it for what it is, it's fun to watch. The show doesn't take itself too seriously and I like all the biblical/angels-demons angles (the 4 Horseman and Death Takes a Holiday were great). Friday night is traditionally the TV graveyard, so in that respect, the show is a blessing. But then Fox moved Fringe to Friday night in the same timeslot which could be the death knell for Supernatural.

I didn't realize this show was in it's 6th season since I just started tuning in at the end of last season. Good to know. Catching up on whole seasons over the course of a weekend is a great countermeasure to much of the shit on TV these days.

5. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I really enjoyed the majority of the series, but dude...this thing is going down in flames. They went from angels and demons fighting about the fucking Apocalypse.....to hunting fucking dragons. The acting isn't bad, the themes have been good, and the writing very well done, but the thing is, the guy who came up with all of this walked out after Sam/Lucifer went back to Hell, and it shows.

I really, really would like to see them pull off some good stuff with the rest of this series, maybe see some of the civil war in Heaven, or revisit Michael and Lucifer, but I don't see anything big coming. It just looks like they're going to do the flavor of the week bad guy while playing the "is Sam going to remember Hell and go shitnuts or not" cocktease.

Fuck that. I want angels and demons stabbing each other and Dean making wisecracks that are guaranteed to offend the tightass cable censors.

Oh hey, time to go not make posts that make me look like a shut-in.

6. Uno

Uno
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

If you're as much of a geek for this show as I suspect, you can't tell me you didn't see this coming. They planned to leave Sam dead after season 5.

The creator said many times he had a solid over-reaching story arc for the first 5 seasons, and nothing really planned after that. The studio liked the show so much, they pressured (threw money at?) the crew to do a 6th season. When they were interviewing before the season started he alluded to the fact that they were just kind of winging it for this season and didn't really have concrete plans.

That's left us with this half-assed mother of all monsters story lines, which, I do enjoy, but isn't anywhere as good as the story arc of the first 5 seasons.