Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Super Powers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by downndirty, Feb 6, 2012.

1. shabamon

shabamon
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

My "super power" is so stupid, but it amazes the people I'm with. When I'm at a college or pro sporting event, if I'm told the stadium's seating capacity, I can guess that game's attendance and come dangerously close to what's listed in the box score. I was at the Browns-Bengals game in Cincinnati this past fall. The game wasn't anywhere close to sold out, so I couldn't just guess 65K, which is what Paul Brown Stadium seats. My guess was still within 1000. And on a related note, I can also sometimes guess how many people will be/were at a game based on how the involved teams' seasons are going, how important the game is, the stadium's capacity, and the passion of the hometeam's fanbase. This morning, I guessed attendance of a college basketball played last night that I didn't even watch or listen to and came within 50.