Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Super Bowl Football Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shegirl, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dude, the piss smell isn't native to the city. It's brought in by drunk fucksticks who think that using the street as a urinal is acceptable just because NOLA is an alcoholic assholes paradise.

About New York--you're right, I misread the info. Parts of it are at sea level but not below it. My bad. As for Charleston and Miami, though--you've got to be joking. Yes, sizeable parts of both are below sea level. I'm not going to do a map search because Google is being an ass to me today, but having lived in Miami in a house that was below sea level I can assure you that I know of at least ONE decent sized part of Miami that happens to fall below sea level to some degree. I'm not denying that NOLA is a flood hazard--that would be silly. I'm merely suggesting that the hate based on sea level is unfair since other cities are also and suffer the same issues that NOLA did recently (Hurricane Andrew, anyone?). I say that the hate should be directed towards something valid--like the fact that Cajun people smell like corndogs.

Focus: My neighbors just asked me to throw money into a betting pot. I'm thinking Colts win, 28-21. But I'm still going to be screaming Drew Brees' name all night long.

2. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I think I might have to root for the Saints in the Superbowl simply for the fact that it's so close to Mardi Gras. Can you imagine the boobage that will be on display if they whip out the Lombardi trophy at the parade!?

3. Jimmy James

Jimmy James
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What's the over/under on the NFL bringing out the immortal John Cougar Mellencamp for a halftime show?

Jesus fucking Christ.

4. Nohik

Nohik
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Man what a risk that was for the saints to start the second half like that! How often do teams do that? Sorry but I rarely watch american football.

5. Nohik

Nohik
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Can someone explain why those 2 poins counted for Saints when he dropped it?

6. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

FUCK YES, PORTER!!!!!!!!!

I just spilled beer all over myself.

EDIT: I have never been happier to eat my words. My lovely lovely Saints are going to win this and I'm sobbing like a little girl.

7. c_norris

c_norris
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

His foot was in while he had possession. The Colts guy basically knocked it out of his hands.

and WHATTA INTERCEPTION BY TRACY PORTER!

8. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't think they were looking at when his body hit the ground and the ball came loose. When he first gets his hands on the ball, he still has a foot on the ground, so they may have been calling it complete then, and it would have been a fumble, but it was already in the end zone.

9. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

If he has possession of the ball, which he did for about a second, all it the ball has to do is cross the plane of the goal line to count as a score. As soon as the nose of that ball crossed the white line, the play was dead, and the two points counted. That was a good call.

10. travdiddy84

travdiddy84
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

That's why I don't gamble. Ever.

11. LucasJackson

LucasJackson
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Man, every ounce of my guy had the Colts winning this game, what an effort by the Saints. Can't believe they pulled that off.

12. c_norris

c_norris
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

SAINTS WIN IT ALL! YUSSSSS!!!

I'm up $100!

13. fta09

fta09
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I think it's still bullshit. If he were to catch that on the side of the endzone near out-of-bounds and lost control as he went down, it's incomplete (even if he had possession before hitting the ground). I've seen that replay/challenge plenty of times. So, one of the two rules has to be changed. If you break the plane at all and have possession for a split second, it's a TD if you maintain possession to the ground or not. This bullshit, tip-toe, holding-it-to-the-ground if you are on the edge of the endzone is ridiculous if all you have to do is break the front plane of it in any other play.

14. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Manning? He's no Tom Brady in the fourth quarter, now is he?

15. whatisinaname

whatisinaname
    Expand Collapse
    Hoping to be even a fraction of the man Jim is.

Amen, Tramp. I just started to love Manning, and I still think he's great, but his team got out-coached. NO coaching staff and Drew should be co-MVP's.

This was a thinking mans game. I loved it for every reason imaginable. And, no one is going to mention it, but great job but the ref's for the almost zero flags. The players played.

16. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I only bring up Brady because every sports site had their "Manning: The best QB of all time" article all prepped and ready. Good game Saints!

17. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm pretty sure I can still hear Sean Paytons brass balls clanging together. What a fucking call on that onsides kick.

18. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Congrats to the Saints and all you Saints fans. I was reading this yesterday and all I can think of now is you poor bastard...

19. manihack

manihack
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

That onside kick was epic. I can't believe Payton had the stones to call that at halftime of the motherfuckin Super Bowl. So awesome.

20. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It was for that reason I was so happy to see the dagger plunged in the colts like that. He's won two landslide MVPs over the last seasons and I've always debated he deserved neither. That's just my angst against the media though. That pick looked like miscommunication, he was expecting Wayne to cut inside.

Brees was phenomenal. I think it's safe to say he's locked up a spot in the hall of fame.