Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Summer, summer, summertime...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guy Fawkes, May 25, 2011.

1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Apparently so am I. Who's up for a road trip?

2. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am. This trampoline party sounds awesome!!

3. Queen-Bee

Queen-Bee
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Can somebody pick me up? I'm on the way.

4. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

School and work for the most part. We'll probably host 1-2 BBQs, but that's about it. The Mrs. is heading back to Jersey for a long girls' weekend next month, and she and the kids may head back again for her family reunion in August, but I'll pass. I'll either be heading into finals or just getting over them. Either way, a weekend in NJ doesn't quite fit. I was supposed to go to San Antonio next week for a conference, but decided to attend one in Galveston in the fall instead. More of a "change of scenery" than a vacation.

Next vacation for me won't be until either Thanksgiving week or January before my full-time internship starts.

It's been wickedly hot & humid here since May (my sweat has beads of sweat). July & August are going to suck.

5. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Focus: I'm buying a trampoline.

6. Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Didn't we just do this like 2 months ago??

Anyway, I get back from Afghanistan in mid-late July, which only leaves a little less than half the summer to play with...I do have leave from early August through Labor Day weekend and the highlight will be 11-12 days in Thailand. Aside from that I'm hoping to go to Asheville for a weekend to visit my grandmother, probably go to Wilmington for a weekend at some point, and will be spending the last week of August in Philly (during which time I will buy a car, attend my first Union game at PPL Park, and hopefully go to the Jimmy Buffett concert in DC), finishing the summer off with Labor Day weekend in Boston for the BC home opener--my first game at Alumni Stadium in almost 2 years. I'm also hoping to fly this girl up to NC at some point but probably won't have a chance to do that until September.

7. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm right off I-65, you can scoop me up along the way.

8. Chellie

Chellie
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm 4 hours from you, let's carpool!

9. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Sorry dude... strict guest list for the event.

10. Blue Dog

Blue Dog
    Expand Collapse
    Absentee Mod

Wait- so you're telling me "stuff" still jiggles and everything when jumping around dressed like this?

Even so, that's still an oddly intriguing trampoline party I'm imagining... Can I come to the Frozen Inuit hoe-down? I'll bring salsa!

Focus:
    June: Sit around and look at the baby.

July 4th: Sit around and look at the baby while wearing an American flag t-shirt.

Rest of July: Shake noisy and colorful object in front of the baby, hoping for a reaction. Don't get one, go back to sitting around and looking at the baby.

August: They're supposed to talk and stuff by now, right? Sit in front of the baby, continuously repeating words such as "Da-da" and "Avocado". Only response is the Poop-Face, change diaper while dry-heaving, go back to sitting around looking at the baby.

Labor Day Weekend: Become increasingly convinced that I need to try out for "American Idol" due to my awesome renditions of nursery rhymes, including such classics as "La-la-la-daddy-needs-to-actually-LEARN-some-fucking-nursery-rhymes-FA-SO-LA-DI-FUCK!" and "Rock-a-bye baaaa-by, You Neeeeeed to-go-to-sleeeeeeeep! If-You-Don't-Soooooooon, Daddy is going to bleed-from-his-aaaaaasssssss". The Wife laughs and crushes my dreams of the spotlight, go back to sitting around and looking at the baby.

The Weekend AFTER Labor Day: VACATION TIME WOOOOOO HOLY FUCK SWEET VACATION TIME! The baby will be 4 months old, and this is The Wife's birthday weekend, so I made arrangements with my mom to watch the baby so I can take The Wife on a small getaway. Nothing big, just 5 days in Orange Beach, AL, but it'll be a much needed break for both of us, and I'm really looking forward to it. It's going to be just 5 glorious days of sitting on a beach next to fat people while drinking rum and tequila and bushwackers, THEN doing the same while sitting at the Flora-Bama (WOOOOO WHITE TRASH PAAARTY!), THEN spending every single penny I have on little trinkets and doo-dads at J&M Tackle. It's going to be glorious.

Come home that Monday, find out the baby has learned to walk and talk and is now fully potty-trained while we were away. BEST/WORST SUMMER EVER!

11. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

June 2012: Sit around looking at newborn baby.

12. Viking33

Viking33
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I just posted this in the rant/rave thread but I'm heading to Hong Kong tomorrow for 10 weeks with school. My Industrial Design program is taking the best 15 from next year's junior and senior classes to HK to push our program over there with several big sponsored projects with Microsoft and TTI as well as a portfolio development class and an emerging materials section. We'll be traveling into China to see several manufacturing facilities as well as taking regional trips (Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, etc) on 3 day weekend trips to do whatever we want. Should be the trip of a lifetime and my schedule is fairly open to suggestions for places to go and see for people that have been or lived in Asia before. I'm all ears, folks.

13. Best_Name_Ever

Best_Name_Ever
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I went to Myrtle Beach, I went parasailiing, I went on a banana boat ride, I went to Summer Camp. I bought everything that I need for college, and attended orientation. I have yet to clean my room and pack away things. I read a ton of books, and listened to a thousand songs. I spent time with family and with friends, and I spent time getting to know myself. I quit my job after two years and seven months.

Senior Week in Myrtle Beach tops the charts.