Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Summer is here bitches... now what?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nettdata, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Cubix

Cubix
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'm currently in Californee-way selling Alarms door to door baby! Bored as hell making money to live the whole year on until August 20th, then flying out to Prague for a semester abroad which should be absolutely fucking nuts.

2. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So far I've been to the beach on vacation and down the river in a canoe. Spending the 4th in Wilmington. Alcohol and bodies of water seem to be this summer's trend for me and I like it.

I'm also looking for a new job. I've applied at two spas and if I get either of them, I'll be packing up and moving.

3. Lowest

Lowest
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Work, work and more work. I don't know why my summers are always so crazy. Last summer I billed 225 hours the month of July. Here's a recap of my month so far:

First week of June-- Prepare for trial, bill 40 hours in 4 days.

Second week of June-- Trial on Thursday, Friday, bill 55 hours in one week, believe I massively undercut myself. At work till midnight twice that week, till 10 twice.

This week-- 8 hour Federal depositions Monday and Tuesday, took Wednesday "off" to see the kids (meaning I left the office at 5:30 p.m), still at work today at 10:30 p.m. All day deps suck because you back to the office at 5:00 and have to start off the day for everything else you're supposed to do.

Just pulled new file that requires emergency motion to be filed tomorrow. By Monday I have to review over 40,000 pages of docs.

Another trial set for June 30. Major Federal motion for summary judgment response due July 6, Another trial set early August.

FML.