Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Sub Culture

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrFrylock, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Omegaham

Omegaham
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My personal favorite has to be the "goth pants" crowd. Not goths in general - the guys who freaking wear THESE PANTS.

[​IMG]

It's absolutely hilarious to see ten guys wearing these exact same pants, because that's all they had left at Hot Topic.

I have never seen a trouser less practical to wear. Holy crap, at least you can sort of run in skinny jeans. These pants, you can't do anything but awkwardly shuffle in them. I always wondered why the goths in high school never came to class on time. It isn't because they don't care... it's because they can't move in those damn things.

2. Assur

Assur
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I also was in high school in the early 90's and I identified as Punk. The only remnant is short hair died black and music preferences. I ended up as a librarian which seems to have been a popular choice for aging punks.

I work on a college campus so I get to see the gamut of retarded fashions, but skinny jeans and the "shot in the face with a gel gun" thing really make me laugh. Kids are so cute.

3. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I live in Portland and will see groups of guys on weekends now and then with cowboy hats on. I remarked to a friend that people wearing cowboy gear nowadays, would be like Japanese people dressing like samurai's and walking around Tokyo.

4. Nate17

Nate17
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

If it is, theres a HUGE populace of them in Alabama. I still preffer them to hipsters.

5. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Alt Focus: I have never been part of a subculture, unless you count being in a fraternity cultural. But unfortunately, many of my friends from home decided to become hipsters. After they went to small liberal arts colleges that were barely accredited and couldnt get jobs after graduation (surprise, surprise!) a handful of them moved to Brooklyn with no money or job prospects (read: mommy and daddys dime). When I visited them, I found that their lifestyles had really changed. They started wearing the indie-type clothing and listening to obscure and vaguely political music I had never heard of, a great departure from the hard rock we all used to listen to. None of this really bothered me, but what did bother me is how they seem to blame everyone else for them not having money or any interviews for a job. After spending a weekend with a bunch of pseudo-intellectuals I was drained. I do not get the lifestyle or perspective, but I guess its easier to blame everyone else for your problems than look inward.

6. klmn361

klmn361
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

fake watch

-