Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Stupid dog tricks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Revengeofthenerds, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Trakiel

Trakiel
    Expand Collapse
    Call me Caitlyn. Got any cake?

What the fuck? Are you practicing your stalking skills or something?

Focus: Anytime my cat - or any animal really - does something cluzy or awkward like trying to jump onto a chair and missing or trying to balance on the sink and falling off I think that's the most hilarious thing in the world. Animals failing is pretty much guaranteed comedy.

2. Harry Coolahan

Harry Coolahan
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I just repped you but also wanted to post this publicly. The issue is not that they want to pass, the issue is that they're tailgating. At the very least, they're increasing the risk of an accident that causes serious damage to my car, at worst they are putting literally everyone's life in danger.

One of my biggest peeves is people who make it my responsibility to ensure that they and I don't get hurt (e.g. someone cutting me off in such a way that forces me to hit the brakes, where I would plow into them if I didn't do so).

So yes, in those instances, I have no qualms about being an asshole to someone who does that.

3. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I get entertained like this every night (and they are actually wrestling right now while I post a video of them wrestling from last night). Something about watching the big dog "talk" to the little dog and then put his paw on her head cracks me up.

#23 $100T2, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  4. sartirious

sartirious
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I don't give a flying fuck how much faster than the speed limit you're going, if it's still less than the speed of traffic.

Get out of my damn way.

5. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Am I the only one whose genius dog managed to somehow get a huge laceration in his mouth by chewing on an ice cube? He was happily chewing on ice one second then yelping and standing in a huge pool of blood the second. We don't let him play with ice anymore.

6. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

And you're going to do what exactly if I decide to be an asshole, slow down and make it impossible for you to switch lanes and pass? That's what I thought.

Think about it this way, if someone walked four inches behind you to emphasize how annoyed they were with how slow you were walking, would you go out of your way to accommodate them? I would hope not. No matter how you slice it, driving up someone's ass is not good etiquette, you're basically saying "your comfortable driving speed is beneath mine, make way for my satisfaction." But here's the thing, I'm not obligated to do anything for you, motherfucker, I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU. So basically I can bend to your will like a bitch and switch lanes or drive faster OR I can ruin YOUR day. Being in the position of power, what do you think I am going to choose?

7. Binary

Binary
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Every single time I am in a position to fuck with a tailgater, I do. Every. Single. Time.

I'll box them in, or slow down to 5 mph under the speed limit.

You're being a huge douchebag and putting both of us in danger by riding my ass. So fuck you. I hope you have an aneurysm while you're raging about my fucking speed.

I'm a courteous driver, almost all of the time. If I'm in the left lane and I see someone come up behind me, if I can move over, I will. I flat-out refuse to give into someone who tailgates me, though.

8. $100T2

$100T2
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You are obviously not from Los Angeles, where people will SHOOT YOU for shit like that. Seriously.

9. audreymonroe

audreymonroe
    Expand Collapse
    The most powerful cervix... in the world...

This thread seems to be trailing off anyway, so I feel like it's okay for me to tell this story about tailgating:

A few years ago, my then-boyfriend and I were driving home late at night when the car behind us starting riding our ass when we were definitely going the speed limit, if not over. So he decided to fuck with them and slow way down. They continued, and after they were still behind us for the next couple of turns, we started wondering/worrying if they were following us home.

They were.

We turned into my driveway, and a few seconds later they pulled in too. We start panicking, because clearly this person was crazy. (It should be noted that I had also just been told a story in driver's ed about a man who followed a guy who messed with him while he was tailgating and then shot him with a crossbow.) We hear the doors open and close, and all of a sudden there are like 3 or 4 people running up to the car. He was a drummer, and there was one of the African ones near the front. So when one comes up to my door, I open it really quickly, hitting them in the face with it, and then leap out of the car swinging the drum as an attack. After a couple of hits they go "AUDREYMONROE, WHAT THE FUCK?"

I click back into lucidity and actually take a look at who it is and realize it was one of my friends. They saw us driving and decided to fuck with us. Unfortunately, it worked a bit too well for them.

Just a warning, I guess.

10. TX.

TX.
    Expand Collapse
    The Mad Pooper

I stopped fucking with people who pissed me off after I moved away from the suburbs and into the city. I quickly realized that out of all the assholes on the road one could be packing and not think twice about shooting Whitey McGee. I don't utilize my horn or middle finger nearly as much as I did in the past.

11. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Let's also not forget we live in the most gun-friendly state in the country. Like they say, an armed society is a polite society.

12. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Do that to me, and I'll be so close on your ass that you'll shit yourself.

Being a race car driver has some advantages, one of them is that you're used to being inches from cars and being comfortable while doing so. Literally doing 120 mph while braking at 95% for a hairpin, with cars a foot away on all sides. Try that some time. Or chasing someone around a course, 6" off their bumpers. Or them 6" off your bumper.

The normal street driver cannot handle that. When you look into your rear view mirror and all you see is my windshield; no front grill, barely any hood, you WILL get freaked out and move the fuck out of the way.

And if you brake check me, you've just lost your momentum and I'm up on the inside of you.

13. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It should be pointed out that I don't normally tailgate, but even worse than the tailgater is the left-hand-lane-hog.

Around here, it's against the law to NOT stay right except to pass. If you're camped out in the left lane, impeding traffic, you will get pulled over and ticketed. Because it's against the law.

If you're doing that, and impeding me, and not paying attention, then yes, I will start to approach you.

Of course, this is assuming there is no reason for you to be in the left lane. If traffic is nuts, then you'll get lots of space and separation. If there's lots of space, and you're just being unaware of the environment and camping in the left lane, get the fuck out of the way you overly self-entitled douche nozzle.

I had a chick in a mini-van tailgate me when I was in my 3500, on a road that had no hope of passing. I was doing 25 over the limit, and she was pissed I wasn't going faster.

Yeah, I brake checked her. She almost went off the road. But she didn't tailgate any more.

14. Disgustipated

Disgustipated
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How about we apply some common sense here?

Sitting in the passing lane, especially when you're not supposed to be there or it's illegal, shouldn't happen. Tailgating is also illegal. If you want them to move, flash your lights or honk your horn. It's the lesser evil.

If they're in the passing lane actually passing someone at doing the speed limit, chill the fuck out. If you're going faster than them, you're breaking the law anyway. If they then sit in the passing lane, see the previous paragraph.

If you're in a single lane, there is zero excuse for tailgating. Any dickhead who's not paying enough attention to go the proper speed either isn't going to pay attention to you or isn't going to give a shit. Even worse, they're some useless driver who has the likelihood of panicking.

For the record, I do not sit in the passing lane unless the road is fully congested or I'm exiting that way soon. And if anyone tailgates me, I will give them a warning brake tap or hand gesture. Ignore that and I will fuck with them mercilessly.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Better yet, how about common courtesy?

We've done threads like these before, so let's not get TOO much further off topic (yes, I'm just as guilty as anyone), but if you see a guy trying to merge into your lane, and he's signalling, how about you let him? Slow down a bit so he can get in there, don't treat the signal as reason to speed up so he can't. (Happened to me yesterday, and I merged anyway, pissing the bitch off to no end... I just smiled and waved... which pissed her off even more.)

Be aware of your surroundings when driving, and think about the other guy a bit. Even a little wave of gratitude.

That's my motto, but if you go out of your way to be a dick, then it's on.

16. mya

mya
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In the single lane scenario, I get as annoyed as the next guy when somebody is going 10 below the speed limit, then I pass them and look at them to glare at them through my tinted windows (so probably not an effective strategy but somehow it makes me feel better) and see it is a 90 year old man with coke bottle glasses gripping the steering wheel at 10 and 2 for dear life and realize that he probably has the reflexes of a snail so should not be going any faster anyway. Now the soccor moms in their minivans who are on their cells while applying makeup and disciplining their children in the back seat can fuck right off