Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Stranger Things

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Rush-O-Matic, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He's just nostalgic because his grandkids were born in the 80's and he gets to relive the pop culture of their youth.

2. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Lol, that's what anger looks like to you? For somebody who spews out drivel as much as you do, you have awfully thin skin. I didn't realize you would get so angry that someone pointed out your nonsensical opinion.

3. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Are you drunk, or are you just that mad your calls to update the boobie thread haven't been answered and you're taking it out here?

And yes, you do appear very upset.

I'm not even sure how wanting more insight into the government experiments is "nonsensical". Or is not liking a show to your subjective degree supposed to be "nonsensical"? You're not exactly making a lot of sense here.

4. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Of all the things to bicker over. Knock it off, both of you.

5. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

ftfy

We could bicker over whether or not to watch them all at once, like these two:
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/24/16503072/stranger-things-season-2-netflix-binge-debate

I do think it's interesting that it's being promoted as Stranger Things 2. So, like a sequel instead of a second season, which maybe gives the Duffer's some freedom to mix up the formula? I dunno. Anybody who isn't interested in watching is fine by me, so there won't be any overloaded streaming issues for the first episode.

6. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I really liked the first season, and I dont remember the 4 years I existed in the 80s so I dont have the nostalgia call-backs. But it was just fun to watch, which is more than House of Cards, Walking Dead and a bunch of other shows have been lately. It seems like the most popular shows now need to have a anti-hero or downright evil main character. Stranger Things was just done well and didnt have any of that.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

They were adamant that this is a sequel, not “Season Two”. I’m looking forward to more Members Only jackets, wallpaper, and tennis bags to carry books.

8. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The second season was phenomenal. Sick Girlfriend and I finished it yesterday.

The new characters added some weight. The music was strangely good (I didn't expect much from synth wave or whatever the fuck it was), and the side plots weren't bad.

The bad:
    The Nancy side plot was kind of shitty. I love the conspiracy theorist dude, and it tied the season up well, but the romantic sub-plot was bleh.

Eleven's side plot was necessary, but ultimately went nowhere, which was frustrating. I'm sure it will be revisited in season 3, and I'd hate to think of them going through 1-14 or whatever. But, my memory is hazy, and I thought Eleven's power was derived from the Upside Down, not just being weird.

The Billy character...it was way over the top. The whole fucking thing was overblown. The scene with Nancy's mom on the other hand was golden.

For the pure 80's nostalgia it is fantastic.

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I started the first episode but fell asleep. They could try harder for the memberberries but topping Sean Astin they are going to need a Ghostbusters Ninja Turtle cross over cameo to out do it.

10. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Im only 3 episodes in, but Im digging the addition of Rudy to the line up.

11. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Im not commenting on this seasons quality, yet. Just saying the nostalgia thing, in all media, is getting old.

12. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Haters gone hate. I finished the last episode last night. I thought it was fantastic.

13. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

We finished it last night too. Also loved it, the ending scene at the dance was a good way to end it. Episode 7 was by far the weak point, but a really fun season overall.

#JusticeForBob

14. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The dance was great. I agree on Chapter 7. It seemed so out of place, that I assume it has to be a setup for Season 3. Plus, the fact that
    Jane didn't say anything about 008 to Hopper.

15. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

Definite setup for the next season.
    As you say, 11 said nothing about 8 to Hopper. Also the complete lack of acknowledgement 11 gave to Max and her negative reaction to seeing Max with Mike in the gym... Girl fights incoming. I really loved Steve's character development this season. He is a cool guy.

16. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

There ya go:

17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow. That looks very promising. I don't know if the series will deliver or not, but THAT is how you put together a trailer. Fuck yeah.

18. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Money and production are two things definitely not spared. It’s an amazing trailer that almost cons you into thinking the show is no longer a horror. But not for long.