Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Stranger Things

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Rush-O-Matic, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The banana bike seat with tape on it, too.

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The cop looks like Peter Krause and Will's older brother looks like Edward Furlong. Ill report back once Ive finished the series.

3. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You really don't need to watch the rest - you pretty much summed it up.

4. CanisDirus

CanisDirus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I really found myself rooting for the young kids in this show, Eleven, and the gang. Because they portrayed beautifully the relationship a bunch of neighborhood kids has with one another. But to not get too spoilery, the ending and the reveal of a lot of the world's built-in and upon lore was really unsettling.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

None of you may know this, but they are both Garret Dillahunt. It's just like how Thomas Jane likes to fuck with us when he speaks with a British accent and performs under the name "James Purefoy". Bill Pullman and Jeff Daniels? Same dude.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

FIFY

7. Currer Bell

Currer Bell
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Thank you for this. I was gonna have to vomit over someone comparing Lone Starr to...to...Jeff Daniels.

Now, if you want to compare Jeff Daniels to William Hurt, I'm cool with that. They both have that "I want to run as far away from you as possible" vibe about them.

8. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

William Hurt is fucking awesome (History Of Violence FTW) but he's best when he's Charles Grodin.

And nobody mocks Bill Paxton. Off limits. Aside from having the greatest death scene in history, he's also the biggest star ever. Terminator. Aliens. True Lies. Titanic. Twister. All monster hits, people love him.

#28 Crown Royal, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  9. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wtf. How do you leave Weird Science and Tombstone off that list? You're dead to me.

10. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm a little late to the game and 4 episodes in currently. I love the characters, the scenes, the feel and the story telling. It's all amazing. What I'm not liking is the scifi elements. Monsters take me out of things for some reason. I'm going to let it slide because everything else about it is awesome.

#30 Frebis, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  11. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Season two teaser. I guess these are episode titles?

The first season was set in November, 1983 and this says Fall 1984. Should be fun!

12. Tim

Tim
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

If you grew up in the eighties and are feeling old then this video will make you feel older. It's some of the kids from the show answering trivia questions about the eighties (like the eighties are so long ago...).

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/stranger-things-cast-80s-trivia-facebook-live

Eleven is a limey.

If you don't have Facebook it times you out and asks for you to log in so maybe someone more internet savvy than me can find a Facebook proof version.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean the 80s nostalgia is fun and all for a while and the mystery/horror tone of the first few episodes was great. Once it hit full monster movie mode I thought the over all execution dropped off. It also ended up suffering from way too many characters which took away painfully from some of the core cast characterizations. There is also some terribly weak writing. The kids reading the dungeons and dragons play book explination of "the upside down" that was an exact description of the show? The X Files this is not. Fun, entertaining, some great execution, but not as great as the hype would lead you to believe.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

October 27th:

Did you guys know the show's creators, the Duffer brothers (identical twins too, like the brothers who wrote Casablanca) are youngsters? They were BORN in 1984. Yet they can visualize this shit better than anybody who actually remembers it.

Seriously, why haven't they cast themselves as creepy clone agents on their own show?
    IMG_1850.JPG

#34 Crown Royal, Jul 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  15. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I am so freaking excited for this.

I think I am going to watch it over several weeks instead of binging it all at once, though I am debating whether or not I should get up at 3 a.m. to watch the first episode. I had that walkie talkie headset that Dustin's wearing. Except for the supernatural monsters and the Upside Down, that show might as well be home movies from my childhood.

16. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Still stand by my last assessment, we'll see how this season turns out.

17. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SUCH A WANKER, CHET?

18. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, I agree with your review. It was a mildly amusing season. Nothing exceptional about it at all.

I was expecting a lot more development regarding the government experiments, the upside down world, the monster, etc but it never really went anywhere. Maybe we will get that this season.

I guess having grown up in the 90s (although I was born in the late 80s) I just didn't care about the nostalgia stuff.

19. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're wrong, but good thing you took the time to comment on this thread.

20. Kampf Trinker

Kampf Trinker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I honestly can't tell if you're joking, or if you're actually that angry someone doesn't like the show as much as you.