Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Stop or my son will shoot!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dixiebandit69, Jan 20, 2010.

1. dixiebandit69

dixiebandit69
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

11 year old boy shoots home invader: http://www.themonitor.com/articles/released-34507-alton-shot.html. And here:http://www.themonitor.com/articles/shoots-34536-boy-suspects.html

Alleged home invader shot by 11-year-old remains hospitalized

"MISSION — A suspect in a home invasion remained unconscious Tuesday, days after an 11-year-old boy shot him during a break-in early Friday.

Jose Luis Ortega, 26, is receiving treatment at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio for a gunshot wound to his neck, according to the Hidalgo County Sheriff's Office. Local deputies have been assigned to guard him.

Two suspected accomplices in the home invasion already face formal charges in connection with the incident.

Hidalgo County Justice of the Peace Luis Garza charged Fernando Guerrero Padilla, 41, and Jaime Arturo Santana Vasquez, 34, with attempted capital murder and aggravated robbery during an arraignment hearing Saturday. Garza set each man's total bond at $750,000 for the two felony charges.

In the event Ortega regains consciousness, he will be brought back to Hidalgo County to face those same charges, Sheriff Lupe Treviño said in a statement. Investigators, meanwhile, say they are working to identify others who may have been involved in the home invasion.

Deputies caught Ortega, Guerrero and Santana after the trio allegedly broke down the door of a house near the intersection of Minnesota Road and 8 Mile Line shortly after midnight Thursday.

An 11-year-old boy at the home shot Ortega with a .22-caliber rifle as he and another man attempted to ransack the house, according to authorities. One of the men allegedly shot the boy in the groin.

Ortega and his alleged accomplices fled the scene without taking any property, the boy’s mother said in an interview Monday.

Deputies later pulled over a white SUV in which Guerrero and Santana were traveling. The two illegal immigrants were detained for questioning and provided corroborating statements implicating Ortega and themselves in the home invasion, according to the probable cause affidavit in the case.

Investigators said Ortega fled the house on foot and was picked up along Farm-to-Market Road 2221 by a relative and then sought treatment at an area hospital. He was later moved to San Antonio, where the nearest top-level trauma centers to the Rio Grande Valley are located.

Brooke Army Medical Center serves civilian emergency patients as well as military personnel and beneficiaries.

The 11-year-old boy received treatment at an area hospital and was released. His mother said Monday the bullet remains lodged in his right leg."

FOCUS: Discuss how badass this kid is. After being shot IN THE CROTCH, he gets a shot at one of the bad guys, sending them packing and probably leaving trails of urine and fecal matter in their wake.
    This happened in my home county.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, don't mess with Texans.

ALTERNATE FOCUS: Ever defended yourself from home invaders? Ever shot anyone?

2. Crazy Wolf

Crazy Wolf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I, for one, am shocked at the poor aim of the criminals. You'd think that, considering the size of the target, they'd have been able to hit his balls. Hmm, perhaps they did, but the steel cojones just deflected the bullet?

3. kannibis

kannibis
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Well, I've never had the misfortune of having to defend against a home invader. But I would guess that this kid knew exactly what he was doing. I know personally I was trained from around the age of 7-8 in the proper and safe use of firearms. And that given a reason I would have more than likely done the same as this kid, as I would today as well. So I really dont think that apart from the usual sympathetic nervous response, that this kid was in any sort of dream or video game world state of mind. Perhaps though, video games may have helped his target aquisition.

4. Crazy Wolf

Crazy Wolf
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Someone's breaking into your house to take your stuff and maybe hurt you. I think it's pretty common to want to do something about this. This kid had the tool to defend himself, and apparently was willing. Having your personal space/home be invaded by strange people in the middle of the night can get you pretty angry.

5. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What The Onion has to say about this: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.theonion.com/content/video/little_boy_heroically_shoots" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theonion.com/content/video/l ... lly_shoots</a>

6. Muses

Muses
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

7. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I've been shooting guns at home invader shaped targets since I could hold a rifle, not really surprising that a kid his age (and that region of the country) would be able to shoot back.

8. Mexicutioner

Mexicutioner
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

My grandmother took care of me most of my early life when my mom passed away. My grandma lived in Oakland, but during school weeks she lived with us in Hayward. On weekends and in the summer we would go to her house in Oakland.

One night while me and my two brothers were staying there, there was a home invader. At the time my oldest brother was 8, my other brother was 6 and I was 2. My grandma was still awake in the front room when this guy tried breaking in and she grabbed my brother's baseball bat for Farm League [not very big] and fucking Jose Canseco'd this fucking guy over the back of the head until he was a heap in the living room. My 70+ year old grandma. I wonder what story that guy told other inmates he was in for.