Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Stoner Cuisine

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Samr, May 19, 2010.

1. Bloochies

Bloochies
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

If you pop a few kernels of white cheddar popcorn in your mouth and then take a sip of cream soda, it tastes spot on like the end of a vanilla ice cream cone. That was one of the tastier creations. One of the not so good was a hot dog slathered in salsa. The most surprisingly delicious stoner dish I've eaten so far though is a package of ramen noodles with a can of tuna thrown together in a pot with a shit load of different seasonings and some ranch dressing to top it off.

2. breakylegg

breakylegg
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Simple and delicious even if nobody believes me:

Attached Files:

3. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

Everyone seems to like something greasy when they're stoned. No worries there, I do too. But have any of you guys tried various fruits when stoned? The best stoner foods I've seen tend to be those that are juicy in some way. I dare you to try a clementine stoned and not immediately cream your pants. The first fucking slice all the juice drenches your tongue in goodness. Grapes are great too. Mangos are absolutely amazing as well but with a caveat. They have to be legit mangos from the Indian Subcontinent...none of that Mexican, produce section of the grocery store nonsense. The Canadians on the board have it especially good since America had banned all mangos from India until recently and continue to ban all those from Pakistan. Canada does not. Go to an Indian grocery store and pick up some real mangos and have one while you are stoned. It is so god damn delicious. Stay away from bananas since their consistency leaves a sort of gross feeling in your mouth. Apples are ok, grapefruits are an absolute no-no unless you really like them.

Seriously stoners, have some fruit when you're stoned. You'll never go back to eating chips, funions, cheese puffs, etc. Much healthier and tastier.

Also, lettuce is good too.

4. Sam N

Sam N
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How about a "legit" mango from my front yard? Is that "legit", or do they only come from India?

I have a papaya tree too.

p.s. yeah they are fucking dank when stoned.

5. CYbrosis7

CYbrosis7
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Dont, just please dont read this while stoned. http://www.cracked.com/blog/fastfood-meals-for-failures/

[​IMG]

"The PBB is a foot-long Polish sausage, covered in bacon, grilled onions, fucking chili and cheese, all wrapped in a burrito. And it’s not that half-assed KFC Double Down approach to bacon; Pink’s loads that sucker up with bacon. Any individual ingredient in the PBB could work as a meal just by itself, but the hot dog samurais at Pink’s shove it all together, wrap it in a burrito and accept your money as a guarantee that your loved ones won’t hold Pink’s responsible for your death."

6. spoons

spoons
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I agree that eggs are a godsend when you have the munchies. My favorite thing to make is a ghetto version of rosti, which i encountered in Switzerland and fell in love. Essentially its hash browns, but regionally they top it with cheese/meat/herbs and spices.

I usually fry up some bacon, then fry the potatoes in the bacon grease, spicing them up with chili powder, pepper, cayenne, old bay and whatever else catches my eye. Then I cook a couple of eggs over easy (very important not to overcook them, the runny yolks are key). Once everything is cooked I layer potatoes, cheese, eggs, cheese, bacon, cheese, scramble it all around and pound it.

Its absolutely phenomenal when you're stoned, the runny yolks combine with everything else to create a fantastic texture and all the different flavors complement each other. Its also damn good when you're sober and maybe the finest hangover food I've ever created. You can mix up the meat you use, try different cheeses/spices and make some fantastic stuff.

7. lostalldoubt86

lostalldoubt86
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Whenever I get high, I eat a peanut butter and honey sandwich with potato chips in between the bread. I tried it once when I wasn't high and it was way too salty.

8. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

Depends. Where did the seeds come from? I'm not talking about organic mangos. The mangos on the Indian subcontinent put anything grown in this hemisphere to shame. You have to try it to understand. The Philippines get an honorable mention. Their mangos tend to be a bigger but don't have the taste of Indian ones. And you have to try several varieties. I would specifically recommend the following: Chausa, Anwar Ratolel, Alphonso/Hapoos, Duseri, Fazli, Kesar, Langra, and Sindhri.

All while stoned and otherwise.

9. notkim

notkim
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

A few awesome ideas:

Buffalo hotdogs: Bring a couple tablespoons of butter to a simmer with twice as much hot sauce (heat intensity to taste). Add a dash of fresh cracked black pepper. Heat to simmer. As sauce heats, score several all beef hotdogs with a knife (piercing the skin, but not actually cutting all the way through). Saute the hotdogs in the sauce until the skins start to sizzle. Remove from sauce. Place in a bun (preferably toasted) with Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing.

Pop microwave popcorn. Remove from microwave. Add lemon pepper seasoning, ground red pepper, and or garlic powder to popcorn while in bag. Shake. Eat.

Peanut Butter Quesadillas: Heat a skillet to medium high heat (butter optional) Cover a tortilla with peanut butter. Place in skillet and toast until tortilla is crisp. Fold in half. Remove from skillet. (Or remove, then fold--your preference). Top with cinnamon sugar or drizzle with honey. Or chocolate sauce. Or all of the above.

10. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The worst: Sometime in the last week of my junior year of college, we were in the typical "last week of school, so might as well just eat all the food we have in the apartment and not go out and buy anything new" mode. Unfortunately by this point, all we had were some Tostitos and a bunch of random things laying around.

It was late at night and buying salsa or whatever was out of the question (An aside: Fuck you Rhode Island, when it's 3 am and Store 24 doesn't open for another 3 hours, you're doing something wrong). I brilliantly suggested that we take the stuff we had laying around and make some sort of dip to eat with the chips. This would've been all well and good, but making this "dip" consisted of combining pistachios, garlic, pesto, and what little shredded cheese we had in a blender and going to town on it.

Vile.

That was the last of our homemade concoctions. The next year we moved up the street from this pizza place that made a bunch of weird pizzas that were perfect when you were baked and looking for something interesting. Our go-to was steak and bacon, slathered in BBQ sauce. Tough to go wrong.