Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Steven Seagal: Lawman

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Crown Royal, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I saw a preview for this show and now I'm dying to see this. Steven Seagal in a bonifide cop with his own rality TV show. Normally I hate reality TV, but I have to view this with my own eyes. Real-life Out For Justice? Beam me up Casey Rybeck!!! I wonder if he'll hold his gun weird like in the movies.

2. OBY

OBY
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Oh man! I saw this preview at the movies and thought at the very least see 1 episode. How weird would it be to get pulled over by a celeb of some sort?

3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I saw the first 2 episodes, and was somewhat impressed.

He's gotten FAT, but still, pretty cool show.

I had no idea that he's been a cop with the local PD for 20+ years, and is the Reserve Chief or something. I get the impression that it's an honourary title, but man, he does earn the respect of the other cops on the force, and puts himself out there.

He also shows remarkable restraint and calm in very trying situations, which is something that is sorely lacking in most of today's police forces.

All in all, I quite enjoyed the show, and will be tuning in for more.

4. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

5. carpenter

carpenter
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

This show is awesome.
    This is an irrefutable fact, Steven Seagal is hilarious. Whether it is intentional or not, does not matter.
    The only thing missing from this season so far is someone swinging on some cops and Sensei Seagal fucking some shit up.
    (I especially appreciate the compound arm fractures, as seen in his movies.)

On a serious note, he's been doing this for twenty years and no one made a big deal out of it at all?
    Christ, if that candy-ass Van Damme did anything like that, it would've been a photo-op you couldn't kill without chopping off it's head and stuffing it full of garlic.

6. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, not so much.

LA Times article on the show

20 years my hairy balls.

That said, he is entertaining as hell. It's almost as much fun listening to him go in and out of the Cajun accent as it is to hear Dog the Bounty Hunter go in and out of a Hawaiian one.

On a side note, A&E has effectively cornered the Old White Guy Fighting Crime in Minority Areas market. I am very much looking forward to David Lee Roth: South Central Crossing Guard.

7. slippingaway

slippingaway
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm not familiar with the laws and policies in Jefferson Parish, but even as "Reserve Chief" he's just a Reserve Officer, not a regular officer. In some states, reserve officers have to be certified and can be armed, in some states reserve officers are not certified, and are used mostly for traffic control, event security, or as "community service officers" that assist with vehicle breakdowns, lockouts, and minor reports. Depending on the department, reserve officers may be serving on a strictly volunteer basis, with no pay. I know one guy who is working without pay as a reserve deputy because it puts him first in line when a regular position opens up.

The show is still awesome, and it's entirely possible that Seagal may have started volunteering as a non-certified reserve officer 20 years ago, and may or may not have gotten his certification sometime since then.

8. carpenter

carpenter
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The season finale was tonight and it made me feel disappointed about the whole thing.
    I really wanted the show to be a lot more than it was.
    To be honest, I really wanted to see him beat the shit out of someone but, he was so fucking calm and down to earth.
    He seems to be a pretty alright kind of guy and I love his movies, but when you are more boring than Dog the bounty hunter, it's time for you to shoot someone.

9. struwwelpeter

struwwelpeter
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

He was given the Honorary Chief status or whatever 20 years ago. He only started actively working in Jefferson Parish a few years ago. It was on the local news here a few months ago--the opening statement on the show isn't entirely accurate.

10. T0KEN

T0KEN
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

That's right.... Steven Segal.

I think this show is rad. It takes 2 winning elements (Steven Segal and COPS) and blends them with just enough cheese to make this thoroughly watchable.

Definitely worse ways to blow 20 minutes.