Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Star Trek: Picard

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Juice, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I'm out of town on work for a bit so won't get a chance to watch it for a few days... but it has been a bit interesting for the last couple of episodes.

2. kuhjäger

kuhjäger
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Short summary:

[​IMG]
    Give Strange New World a shot though. Couple cringey bits in ep.1 , but hey, whats Trek without that. The characters act like competent professionals and I will echo the much repeated sentiment that Anson Mount is a delight as Pike. I think ultimately without 22 episode seasons it will really be hard to make the universe of the ship and its crew to feel “lived in” which was one of the highlights of TNG, DS9 and VOY where we got small scale episodes where we got to follow a day in the life of a character, like when Worf joins a terror organization on Riza, or Data wants to try poetry.

I just pray that it keeps the episodic format and there isn’t suddenly some threat to the whole multiverse and they have to go on a mission back in time to punch God in the face to ensure that the big bang happens told over seven episodes.

#22 kuhjäger, May 6, 2022
    Last edited: May 6, 2022
  3. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Anyone watching the new season of Picard?

I have to say, I'm quite liking it.

They are bringing back ALL the old cast.

It's got an interesting vibe to it so far.

4. AFHokie

AFHokie
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm holding off until I can binge the entire season within one month's Paramount+ subscription