Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Spring is in the Air - WDT 2/16

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Feb 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is it over? Last update I saw, Canada had scored again to make it 4-3 Germans with about 8 min left in 3rd.

ETA: Well, it's over now. Sorry, Canada.

#81 Rush-O-Matic, Feb 23, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  2. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

It's been a weird Olympics for us... record number of medals, but not so much in hockey and curling. It's like we're that over-achieving kid who's lost their identity...

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Canada never fails to do well in the “Mountain Dew” sports, though. Extreme!!!!!!!!

4. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Bettmann needs to find a large forest fire to lay down and have a nap in. Go back to basketball and stop fucking the sport you know nothing about.

5. Raskolnikov

Raskolnikov
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

First off, Bettman works at the behest of the owners. This is their decision, he just carries it out. And the reasoning is correct, they shut down the NHL for 3 weeks and go to the Olympics on a completely different time zone. They come back, the players are all off their routine and the games are shit and the playoffs blow. Worst case, McDavid or Matthews or Crosby or one of the stars gets seriously injured and is out for the playoffs. The league is right, it isn't worth the risk. People in China and Korea don't care about the NHL and aren't going to care about it just because they get to watch it for 2 weeks in February.

6. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I read somewhere that they couldn't come to an agreement over who would pay for the insurance for the NHL players also. I think they should send the stars to the Olympics and keep the season going with a collection of scrubs.

7. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    My apologies if someone has posted this before, but holy shit:

8. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Is...is that real? I mean, they have to have filtered out all the people who have taken the silver bar, right? Or was there only one bar and literally no one wanted it?

9. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    I really hope someone chose the silver and they just edited it out. My favorite was the lady who was like, "I don't have any way to do anything with the silver" even though they were in front of a fucking coin shop and he offered to go in and verify the bar was real. She was more concerned about the chocolate bar being real.

10. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It's up to about $160 for the silver bar. A lot of the silver bars you can buy have images in them, like a name or the American Flag and stuff like that. I wonder if it just looked like one of those fake candy coin things, and people thought they were comparing a new, wrapped Hershey bar with an old, stale "chocolate" bar. I noticed nobody even held the silver bar. Hershey should actually run that as a commercial.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.