Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Spring is in the Air - WDT 2/16

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bewildered, Feb 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bewildered

bewildered
    Expand Collapse
    Deeply satisfied pooper

One more week of winter Olympics. I will admit I have not been watching.

Highs of high 70s, lows in low 60s around here. Maybe not in the arctic north, but down here spring has sprung. There's green pollen on all the cars and the grass is greening up. I am still on sick leave from work so I will probably be sitting in a golf chair in the sunshine napping today.

More importantly, sundress weather is around the corner. Isn't this your favorite time of year @Kubla Kahn ?

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It’s mankind’s favorite time of year.

3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The have still not become a thing up here for some god forsaken reason, and it saddens and enrages me.

4. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You need more colleges, then. We get the sundress + cowboy boots look from March to October, especially on game days in the Fall before it gets cold.

5. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

No, we have UWO (Western), which is amazing for that stuff... what we NEED is better weather.

6. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It probably also has to do with the shit weather.

7. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

For instance, yesterday it was a high of about 6°C, and tons of snow was melting like crazy... today it's down to -11°C. Nothing worse than slushy humidity that goes sub-zero. It's like the complete opposite of summer-dress weather.

8. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe you just need heartier women who don't let the cold keep them from doing this:
    [​IMG]

9. wexton

wexton
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That is the fucking worst. EVERYTHING is a fucking skating rink.

10. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Yeah, that's cute for about 45 seconds, and then they just become cold, shrivelled, and bitchy.

This is WAY sexier:

[​IMG]

11. downndirty

downndirty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In that kind of cold, her and my dick would both be cold, shrivelled and bitchy.

But inside, where the warm beds are...she'd be warm, sticky and disappointed. As God intended her to be.

I have a chance to buy a 2012 Ducati Streetfighter or a 2013 Monster 696. I've had 2 Monsters so far and the SF is...an engineering ejaculation to be proud of. It's also $2500 and easily eclipses my skill as a rider. So, buy the sexy power you don't (yet) need or buy the sexy friendly you have already mastered and save $2500?

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

And it’s going to 13 C on tuesday. And all thy covered dog feces shalt thaw out at once.

13. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse
    ER Frequent Flyer Platinum Member

Daytona 500 is this weekend. The trucks race is on currently. If you're the type person -- like me -- who watches just for the crashes, the Daytona 500 is basically a highlight reel.

14. toytoy88

toytoy88
    Expand Collapse
    Alone in the dark, drooling on himself

The fucking desert. I hate the fucking desert.
    I hate this time of year at work. It's all about reports. Endless, endless reports. I have my doubts anyone ever reads them, but I'm still required to fill out reports.

I spent my whole week at work staring at my computer, drinking coffee and Coke, and listening to the most obnoxious metal music I could find through ear buds in an effort to keep my brain functioning.

And then I get home and find a BabyMetal concert DVD arrived in the mail, so I've obviously got to watch it. Christ. They're like little Asian cheerleaders jacked up on blow and anime. I'm getting tired just watching them run around.

15. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

I was watching the Olympics last night and I realized something... I haven't heard one single bad thing about them. Unlike the last few games... no "oh shit, stuff hasn't been built yet", no riots, nothing negative (except for them throwing out the Trump and Jong Un impersonators).

Sure, there's been some political stuff, like the Russians being kicked out, and North/South Korea... but all in all it seems to be a very well run Winter Olympics.

Anyone else heard anything negative?

16. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

Does the NK propoganda olympics count?

Beyond that, no. They appear to be very well-run. The weather has gotten in the way of some of the mountain stuff and the organizer's have adapted and moved on. South Korea deserves major props. This is how Olympics SHOULD be handled.

17. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don’t see that girl lasting 10 minutes.

18. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Call me crazy, but the WINTER olympics should be like the Superbowl played in an outdoor stadium... just play through it.

19. Revengeofthenerds

Revengeofthenerds
    Expand Collapse

In some sports and with some weather, yeah. But when you're talking white out conditions on the downhill skiing, that's like driving a race car at night without headlights. Or ski jumping in heavy winds, that's like... well fuck it, ski jumping is insane anyway. Just let them do it with a blind fold onto an air mattress.

20. Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You've missed some good stuff. As Nett pointed out, SK have been excellent hosts. There have been some good gold medal stories, but my favorite was watching Ester Ledecka from the Czech Repuplic win gold in the women's Super G. She is a World Champion snowboarder and is competing in this Olympics in the snowboard slalom. She was like the 26th racer to go and the announcers all assumed the winning time was already posted. She borrowed Mikaela Shiffrin's skis (who wasn't skiing anyway, due to a rest day because of the compressed schedule from weather delays) and won Gold. The absolute stunned look on her face at the end when she looked up to see her time and her name in first place was just priceless. Fun stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.