Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Spring Break/St Pats WDT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by McSmallstuff, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McSmallstuff

McSmallstuff
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My recent return to the college world has reminded me, that spring break season is upon us. My spring break actually coincides with St Patrick's this year, and for that I am very grateful. So why don't we start off a St. Pat's thread? Let's get a thread going that will rival the Christmas thread. Also it gives Allord, and Black Jesus many opportunities to disturb people.

2. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh thank Jesus this thread started early. I'm on beer #3.

My spring break plans were to go to Vermont to ski and then go down to Boston to meet up with a girl I met in New York at New Year's. However, this girl has since picked up a boyfriend and decided to tell me by ... updating her facebook status, seven days before I was leaving. Oh hey yeah it's totally cool, I was only driving hundreds of kilometres and making vacation plans around you because I totally didn't want to get into her vagina. Some e-mails are going back and forth on the subject. My credit card is poised and ready to take me to Whistler.

3. Flat_Rate

Flat_Rate
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Gonna be in ATL for paddy's day, never partied in hotlanta before. Any good places to hit?

4. JoeCanada

JoeCanada
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

5. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

At least you hadn't left yet...

Blackberry Izze & Vodka goes surprisingly well with the Girl Scout cookies that got delivered to me today.

6. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Do you have a donor or are you on a list? Tell me how it works in Canada!

7. Frank

Frank
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is the second year in a row that in late February/early March I've been crashing and waking up super early, like 9:30-10:00 PM instead of 10:30-11:00 PM or beyond. I think my body has done the impossible and figured out how to adjust itself to daylight savings in the spring. I feel like I deserve a superhero costume.

8. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In Canada, the government runs a blood test on you when you are born and keeps you on a registry. When a poor, elderly, or otherwise unproductive member of society is in need of an organ, then run a search in their database and find out who is a match. Mounties then burst through your door and take your organ by force. If you are lucky, they will give you ether; if you are really lucky, they'll stitch you up afterwards.

9. taste_my_rainbow

taste_my_rainbow
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yall are some funny motherfuckers today. It was a serious question actually - just asking for some insight. (For example, if you didn't have a donor, how long you would be on a list, etc.)

10. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

My Chicago trip got canceled this weekend, at least the single male portion was. Originally it was planned by a few of my friends as a, ugggh I hate the words so much, couple's weekend. Three of my friend's and their girls were going up to hang in Chicago with another one of my buddies and his girl that live there. Another one of my friend's then planned to go up with them and get three or four other guys to come along, he works for Marriott and was getting a room on the cheap. He also is friend's with some girls from my high school we were planning on hanging out with. I told him I was down and was pumped to hear of a green beer day bar up there. There were no concrete TiB meet ups planned but no doubt I'd have tried to meet anyone who was interested.

Anyway, my buddy who was getting us the room pussed out and never called off work and the whole plan fell apart. My other friend's and their girls are still going but everyone else backed out. Their car's is full and my buddy wasn't willing to split the room with me and his girl. So instead of being a 8th wheel on the trip. Couple's weekend. Fucking bullshit.

11. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

There are organ donor networks and waiting lists. I honestly can't speak to how long it would take. I only worked across the street from the hospital that pioneered partial and full lung transplants, so I haven't much exposure to the organ transplant world. It depends on what kind of organ you need and whether or not it's motorcycling season. It also depends which province you live in, and if I'm honest, where you live in that province. Downtown Toronto? Hamilton? Some of the best healthcare in the world. Not there? Move.

Hey, look what google found: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.giftoflife.on.ca/en/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.giftoflife.on.ca/en/</a>

[​IMG]

Why do they show the large bowel if they're telling us that small bowel can be donated? Come on, Trillium, I expect better.

12. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

How organ donation works in Canada:

Moral: don't be an organ donor.

I couldn't be less interested in drinking. It has completely lost its excitement. The thrill and mania involved in a good bender just seems like a chore anymore. I haven't even enjoyed a beer in weeks, maybe longer. I might as well start base jumping. Or was it freebasing? One of those "-base" things the kids do for kicks.

#12 CharlesJohnson, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  13. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

14. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What the fuckin' shit are you doing back?

15. Angel_1756

Angel_1756
    Expand Collapse
    The Big Four-Oh

Who the fuck said his name three times?

16. xrayvision

xrayvision
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I guess if Allord comes back, we have to have the antithesis as well?

17. Noland

Noland
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

We need Frylock.

18. CharlesJohnson

CharlesJohnson
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Maybe... they're the same people?

As I recall from watching an Oscar-nominated movie last year (that was independently produced in Quebec for a trifling 6.8 million Canadian loonies), "un plus un... ça peut faire un?"

20. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I find it fishy. Im betting one is the others alter ego and or lover. I personally could have done without Allord.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.