Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Sports podcasts

Discussion in 'Sports Board' started by Ton80, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Ton80

Ton80
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I love sports. Football is my first love, but I like hearing about what's going on in virtually everything. Unfortunately, I have a terrible commute and a two year old at home, so my ability to actually watch sports is pretty limited, so I fill in the gaps with sports podcasts which I listen to pretty much all the time...it's become my background music.

What sports podcasts are you into? My subscriptions include:

The Dan Patrick Show
    PTI (For my money, the best sports talk show ever, period)
    Around the Horn
    SVP and Rusillo
    Fantasy Focus Football (ESPN)
    Fantasy Football today (CBS)
    Fantasy Underground (ESPN)
    His and Hers (ESPN)

I've been considering adding Highly Questionable because I love Bomani Jones, but I already struggle to get through these.

2. erk33

erk33
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Bill Barnwell and Robert Mays have an awesome football podcast that focuses on a lot of the lesser spoken about aspects of the game (line play, etc). Zach Lowe is my favorite current basketball guy and his podcast is awesome. Bill Simmons (if you're into him) tends to have a lot of entertaining guests throughout the year. If you're into gambling on football, his guess the line segment with Cousin Sal is loads of fun to play along with, especially if you're commuting/stuck in traffic.

All of these can be found on Grantland.com

3. gamecocks

gamecocks
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're gonna make Parker blush.

4. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The best sports podcast, which isn't a recording of another show (PTI, or the radio shows) is the Jalen & Jacoby Podcast. Jalen Rose is fucking hysterical, and his basketball/NBA stories are unmatched. He loves to hear himself talk at certain points, but he properly gets behind a lot of bullshit when these stories come out and provides perspective no one else does.

Zach Lowe's the Lowe Post and Bill Barnwell & Robert Mays' The Grantland NFL Podcast, I have to second those. They are great, as mentioned before, they just don't talk about QBs, WRs and RBs all day. They get into detailed line play and spend equal time discussing offense as they do defense. Last year they did 30 minutes on each team as they went through the divisions. This year they're doing a division a podcast, but hitting the topics quicker.

The Dan Patrick show is also one of my favorites because he just gets everyone on it. He gets owners, coaches, top players that usually don't talk to the media outside their designated times. He just has them call in, gets something moderately interesting out of them and keeps moving. He'll also have comedians and other people on their to keep it fun.

5. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

I was gonna point out how hilariously you're promoting the people you hire, but I have to get you props: Zach Lowe was a great get, and is probably my favorite NBA guy right now.