Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

SPARTACUS

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Mike Ness, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Best fucking episode so far. Spartacus will have the help from the German brothers, Crixus and Doctore, in his plan "to kill them all."

I really wish they give the slow-mo cam a break in season two (although a slow-mo shot of Elythia getting punched in the face would have been great.

The uniting of Spartacus and Crixus is going to be great and finally getting to see Doctore fight should be sweet as well.

2. Evolution

Evolution
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

What a FANTASTIC episode. I can't fucking wait for the season finale. Seeing Spartacus
    lay waste to the Roman soldiers was quite telling of what's to come. Did anyone else notice closing phrase, kill them all, a reference to Sura's request in the first episode?

3. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All I'll say for now is that episode 12 puts all the other episodes to shame. Awesome episode. Is there only one more left?

4. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

5. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Since episode 12 aired I can revel in the awesomeness of it publicly.

The fight scene between Spartacus and the Roman soldiers was one of the single greatest fight scenes in any TV show or movie I've seen in a long time. I've rewatched the scene about ten times today. Fucking awesome. The calmness in his eyes as he just robotically smashes all of the soldiers until he loses it at the end and then goes right back to being calm and collected totally makes the scene.

6. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

http://www.starz.com/originals/spartacus/SPARTACUSBLOODANDSAND_113

Preview and pics are there for the next episode. Look at that picture of Doctore. How fucking bad ass is that? In the last episode I found it odd how everything changed when Varo's wife started working in the villa. I thought the change of heart could have come from more factors than just that, but hey it works. I especially loved the line about how Solonius was a prick and would smile with his teeth. One liners is definitely one area this show isn't lacking in. 'Fuck your mouth shut' is just beautiful.

7. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Was Crixos the one who maimed Asher? That may sound naive but I can't remember if it was him or not.

8. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Crixos did maim Asher. Asher brought it up in the latest episode and told Crixos that the only reason that he had what he now had was because Crixos hurt him. Asher then proceeded to masterfully manipulate events yet again to get Crixos to lose his shit over taking his women.

Things seem to come around full circle in this show. I so can't wait until Asher gets his.

9. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Crixus and Asher were fighting together in the arena and Crixus either shoved Asher in front of him or didn't come to his aid when he could have. Asher warned Spartacus to be wary about fighting alongside Crixus just before they took on Theocoles.

10. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I rewound the one line and I just can't understand what he said, Crixos said something like "you have my blade to thank for that" I didn't know if he stabbed him or just didn't help him.

11. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I gotta bust Maltob's balls a little here, out of all the ridiculously buff and bad ass dudes on the show you have a man crush on Doctore? c'mon now Crixos is the man.............

12. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

You just say that because you've seen his dong.

13. fourtytwo

fourtytwo
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

That line, "there is but one path: we kill them all," gave me chills the same way Liam Neeson did in Taken: "I will find you, and I will kill you."

Awesome.

14. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Now that is how you have a season finale. What a fucking great episode. I did not expect that at all for the end of the first season. I will wait till everyone else sees the episode to discuss more.

I just hope I don't have to wait a whole calander year to see the next season.

15. awwwSNAP

awwwSNAP
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

After that finale I honestly don't know if they need a second season - how could they possibly top that? Fucking incredible. The Ashur (Asher?) part was pretty predictable, but I was nowhere near prepared for how awesome the rest of it was. Damn.

16. fourtytwo

fourtytwo
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

So much senseless violence! So awesome!

17. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I have not seen episode 13 yet, but I will say this: this is a new level of violence I have only seen in Italian horror movies. Disembowlings. Heads being stomped flat. Decapitations. Faces being ripped off. Dicks BEING CUT OFF (Auugh! Auuug!!!!).

18. El Tee

El Tee
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Wow...I did not see this bloodbath coming!

Aurelia kills Numerius!

Crixus kills Lucretia!

Spartacus kills Batiatus!

Doctore kills Ash...whoops, almost. Well, I guess someone has to be the villain next year.

I don't know where the second season is headed, but as long as they bring back the blood, boobies, and badassery I'll be watching.

19. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I dare not dishonor the last (and one of the best episodes of a television show I have ever seen) episode with a simple post. The awesomeness and perfection of that episode is beyond words.

R.I.P - nude scenes with Lucy Lawless

20. PenetrationStation

PenetrationStation
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Looks like the second season may be a bit farther out than anticipated:

Spartacus has cancer.

P.S. I can't believe Whitfield is 38.