Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

SPARTACUS

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Mike Ness, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

He has been one of the best characters on the show thus far; I just don't want him getting clipped by Ashers scheming. They underestimate just how sinister he can be. Bracca should have known he was scheming, it seemed obvious.

Asher is going to take out Doctore or Spartacus's blonde buddy in the upcoming episodes.

p.s. I wonder if the actress who plays Sura knew she was going to be nude in every other scene she was in. Seriously she was either nude or bloody in every scene.

2. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

God help me if I don't love the internet and The Pirate Bay. I've seen the next two episodes. I won't spoil them save to say that the show gets better and better. The ruthlessness of Batiatus comes close to being seconded by his wife in episode 9. The momentum of the season grows more and more every episode.

The quality isn't high but its still good:

http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/5417226/Spartacus.Blood.and.Sand.108.P2P.H264.5417226.TPB.torrent

http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/5417480/Spartacus.Blood.and.Sand.109.P2P.H264.5417480.TPB.torrent

3. Ryan Leaf

Ryan Leaf
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

If you prefer streaming videos, here are episodes 7, 8 and 9

4. fourtytwo

fourtytwo
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

The actor who plays Spartacus was diagnosed with non-hodgkin's lymphoma, and production of the second season has been halted. Source: tvbythenumbers.com

Also, cheers for the next episodes.

5. Muney

Muney
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

First Dexter, then Spartacus... whos next, Jack Bauer? On a serious not, glad that it's treatable.

Oh and for the people that have watched the episodes above (I've only watched the 8th)

That crusifixion scene was fucking BRUTAL. First they chop his wanger off, then nail him to the board. That whole scene had me feeling very uncomfortable. I havnt watched the 9th episode, but it would seem like Ilithyia is screwed. It's pretty obvious she had something to do with the attempt on Spartacus.

6. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Dude, you've gotta watch 9. Its fantastic. I guess until you do thats all I can say on the matter. Shes a giant cunt but the episode brings a bit of balance in a horribly brutal way. Oh and it confirms that this bitch is crazy for real and not for play.

7. Muney

Muney
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Watched it this morning. And you, sir, are right. Batshit insane.

"stop laughing at me!!"

I cant wait for the next episode.

8. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just watched episode 8 and I think my favorite character on the show is Crixos.

He saved Spartacus because he believes so much in the code of the Gladiator, that Spartacus deserves death in the Arena, he deserves his death to be glorious, so much that he would save the life of a man he hated.

Sooner or later Spartacus is going to get hooked up with someone in the Senate, they will realize his political influence.

Lastly, I hope that German guy was wearing the thing Mark Wahlberg wore in Boogie Nights, that guy could have nailed an elephant.

9. whathasbeenseen

whathasbeenseen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I mean goddamn. Her skull was bashed in, teeth were flying. I did enjoy the scene tremendously though when shed been properly fucked by Spartacus and then they both realized who the other was. I did find it a bit off putting though that she couldn't tell the difference between Spartacus and Crixus body wise. Really? Really?

10. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I loved in the beginning of the episode when it showed Spartacus winning battle after battle. A very cool opening to an episode. What got a laugh out of me was the black guy who was training to be a gladiator. Talking about how he will train as Spartacus and do everything like he does so he will one day get his freedom. Two seconds later the German guy kills him.

11. Celos

Celos
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Watched every episode so far up to 9. I can't see the appeal it seems to have on many of you here. I mean yes, lots of tits and gratuitous sex/violence is great, but story/acting wize the comparison to shows like Dexter seems a bit off. Also, less penis shots would be great.

12. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Last two episodes were great.

When she lost her shit in EP 9 it reminded me of this for some reason.

#52 Maltob14, Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  13. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'm keeping myself from jumping ahead since I enjoy the show so much.

I'm going to start using some of the lines from this show in daily disagreements. If you raise issue with this you can reason with my cock! Fantastic.

Not fantastic... holy blood spurting castration. That was a visual I didn't absolutely need to see.

14. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Anyone find episode 10 I'm officially addicted, i know I'm being greedy considering 9 hasn't even aired yet but still.

Its to bad they had to kill off the new hot blonde I was hoping to see morer of her.

15. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you are talking about episode 9 can you please put it in spoiler tags.

16. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Anything relating to plot events in episodes has to go in spoiler tags, I don't want anyone having their show ruined because people are too lazy. For example:

HOORAY EPISODE 9 HAD SO MUCH BOOBADGE!

17. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This show gets better every week. Once again all praise to Viva Bianca (Skubiszewski) who plays Ilithyia, and her hot little body. The show could be in Vietnamese without subtitles and I'd still watch it because of her.

The plot twists are getting better and are actually interesting. Happy to see the show is evolving a little while still maintaining the blood and nudity aspects that sucked us all in in the first place.

18. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If you guys are watching shows two episodes ahead of the actual TV series can you maybe PM each other? There are only two of you doing it. In the past we don't put spoiler stuff up if the show has already aired, I think the mods are confused on what we are actually seeing because every other post has a spoiler on it, I'm not sure if I want to open it, making this thread worthless.

Some of them are labeled "example episode nine", I'm not exactly sure what episode is what, can we try and stay on the same pace? This happened with the Friday Night Lights thread and it destroyed it because two or three members were three episodes ahead of everyone and the thread made no sense.

19. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Mike is right, and I didn't explain myself correctly. Just like the spoiler rules state; if the episode has aired on the east coast then it's up for discussion and no spoiler tags are needed. What I meant to say is that if you are skipping ahead, any plot related events have to go in spoilers. Then I got bored and started to spoiler tag the shit out of everything. My mistake, shut up and go watch more Blood and Tits.

20. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In other news Spartacus has just tied HBO's "OZ" for most male frontal nudity in a series.