Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Spartacus: Gods of the Arena

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Crown Royal, Nov 29, 2010.

1. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

As much of a degenerate as Quintus is, the people he's mixed himself up with are far, far worse.

I had an idea what was coming after the conversation between Lucretia and Tullius, but I wasn't ready for what happened. Holy fuck, the writers for this series are assholes.

2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Epidsode 4:

Not much action, but boy oh boyw The Romans knew how to throw a party.

Gannicus is fucking up. Seriously. He can have ANY hot slave he wants, and he chooses his BEST FRIEND'S WIFE? Fucking stupid. It sews the seeds of forshadowing, and it's a contrived plot device if you ask me. Just when I was starting to like the guy.

I did not see that coming with Gaia. Cold blooded as fuck. Me thinks they're setting up for another massacre a la Season 1 finale. Me hopes, me hopes.

3. snobes

snobes
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Fuckin' Tullius(the duouchy blonde guy right) is such a little prick.

I thought maybe he'd pee on her too and rough her up a bit, but not that. Question. Where there no police or courts back in the day? That's the second person that dude has killed. No jail time, just toss Gia off the cliff. I also don't get why Quintas' Dad, as he would say, "garggles Tullius' sack" If some dude trapped my son in a beating, and offed a "friend" of the family, there'd be hell to pay.

Asher must do something outstanding to get promoted to where he was in Blood and Sand. Bi-lingual jerk.

Fuck this show rocks!

4. Celos

Celos
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'm a bit annoyed that Crixus got to be the champion so fast. He was basically an ape just an episode ago. They set up the kill of the father pretty nicely though. A perfect way to get rid of Tullius (a champion gladiator with a stick up his ass). I smell a massacre coming.

Why are we spoilering this stuff by the way? Is the show not officially out yet or what?

5. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

I don't know if this was mentioned yet, and yes Liam Mcintyre should get his chance and yeah we all want Andy back. But why the hell did they not get Michael Fassbender in the mean time to play Spartacus? I can't be the only one who can see this guy tearing it up on screen as Spartacus.

6. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

He's too busy becoming the next big thing (which I think he will be). He's Magneto in the next X-Men prequel, and film pays 10x what TV does for the same amount of work.

7. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did anyone else catch the sneak preview of "Camelot" after ? What did you think ?

8. Celos

Celos
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

According to Wikipedia, he was one of the 5 leaders of the Third Servile War, so I expect we'll be seeing more of him in the next season.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

It's obvious foreshadowing that Gannicus will eventually be thrown into the mix again. Malita's death was the most unpleasant thing EVER on this show. That was just plain....evil. This show revels in cold blooded plot devices, and that's what makes it so awesome. Jesus, that spear-jaw separation. BRUTAL shit, man. Brutal. I love it.

This show pushes the envelope in violence, profanity AND sex like none other. It is the ultimate guilty pleasure for all time, and despite not having the awesome Whitfield next season I'm still jonesing for it.

Lots of my friends hate this show, and my wife tried about 20 mintues before it freaked her the fuck out. I can't get enough of it.

10. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One of my buddies at work has a netflix app on his Iphone, and since we're working nights, and our breakroom has a nice big tv...

Two weeks ago, most people at work just stayed in the breakroom for a couple days, watching this and Blood and Sand.

I love a show this well done that also makes me want to learn about shit. I've read that whole Third Servile War article on wikipedia. I just wonder how they're going to go from two seasons of gladatorial fighting and Roman political favor-currying, to war camps.