Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Spartacus: Gods of the Arena

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Crown Royal, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Celos

Celos
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Lots of blood, tits and excitement. Great for what it is.

2. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't be the only one who wanted to see that snobby shit getting his ass kicked along with Batiatus. Tits and gore were plentiful but not overdone.

3. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Good start to the prequel.

I was actually interested in how Batiatus became who he was and how he made the enemies he did. Original Doctore's wife is fucking HAWT.

4. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I agree, I actually thought the gore was better done than the beginning of Spartacus. It wasn't absurd and campy.

Hooray for crazy chick from Dexter, I wasn't the least bit surprised to see her touching herself while watching Batiatus and his wife get it on, and we know she is all about getting nude.

5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Another good episode. At first worried that this would be a table scraps season, but I like it much so far. I like the way they're giving Crixus and arc.

Jesus, Lucy Lawless is SHOWING IT OFF this season without any restraint. Meow. No complaints here.

I was just starting to like the Doctore. He was awesome this episode, then they kill him off? They do that A LOT on this show, do they not?

6. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought Doctore going out on his own terms, fighting like a mad bastard, was nice as a slight detour from people just getting bent over and fucked by Batiatus and his power lust.

After the season opener, I thought we might be seeing an overambitious but somewhat decent man get fucked over and become a spiteful prick. Nope...he's just out of his mind and completely without conscience or cohesive strategy. Yeah, he has guile, but wasn't success in Ancient Rome usually linked to having the love of the people?

And for love of God, structure of speech in series make long for reprieve from fucking pain in arse. Seriously, I don't know if this is supposed to be some wonderful historically accurate addition to (removal from?) the series, but it's maddening to listen to.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I do like the red herrings they throw into to throw off the foreshadowing. IN the first episode, I thought Gatticus and Doctore's luscious-mouthed wife were constantly making flirty bedroom eyes with each other. Then it's revealed they were horrified when they were forced on each other for that creepy-looking tit merchant. They were really only friends, and Gatticus is just as mortified as she is.

I do like how Gatticus is more anti-hero than hero like Spartacus. Instead of being reserved and icy, he's a profane, drunk lothario. Spartacus is clearly the better lead character of the two, but I don't mind him (except for the professional wrestler-type shit he does for the crowds). That fight between him and Crixus was a great one. I like Crixus even more this season. I thought he would be a stubborn asshole with the golden pick-up lines like last season, but instead he is humbled and disciplined.

Also, it's nice not to have Mike Ness bitching about all the "gross gay stuff".

8. Heather

Heather
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

Drinking game: take a shot everytime someone says "cock."

9. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Am I the only one who thinks Crixus comes off as a slack jawed retard so far ? Christ with his eyes bugged out and his mouth agape he reminds me of a fish out of water.

10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

My prediction:

a) We'll still see Doctore fight. In fact, I'm betting at one point he and Gatticus must fight each other to the death.

b) Doctore has always been ther most reserved and disciplined character on the show. It's not like her and Gatticus had a roll in the stable hay, they forced Gatticus to rape her. As a slave, I would think he of all people would understand.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

That was an action-packed episode. The part with Bacca and Crixus at the end was well done.

That guy who raped the pretty brunette slave is the creepiest-looking human being I have ever seen. What is he, a fucking RealDoll come to life or something? Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

12. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought the creepy guy was bad enough right from the start, but when he smiled I felt a part of my soul die.

What's the over/under on number of episodes until Batiatus offs his father?

13. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Next episode, but I think Lecretia will kill him.

14. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I definitely agree with you on seeing the rise of Crixus. It's interesting to see where where his ideals as a gladiator come from, how they were molded.

I'm kinda pissed there's only a couple more episodes left. I love this show.

15. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

They officially said Whitfield made a cameo in this mini-season. When (or how) I don't know. Stock footage does NOT count as a cameo.

They are shooting "Season 2" right now with new dude Liam Macyntire. It's supposed to come out next fall, I think. This season was just filler while they were hoping for Whitfield to recover (in vain).

16. walt

walt
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Ya know what though ? Batiatus made for a great character, he reminded me a lot of Al Swearingen from Deadwood. I'm not sure how much I'll enjoy it without him in it.

17. Uno

Uno
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This was only ever meant to be a "filler" while Whitfield underwent the first round of chemo and recovered. That's why it was only 6 episodes. Then he relapsed, nd season two was delayed to the fall as they re-cast. I think the proper season 2 it was supposed to air in the summer, originally.

18. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought that when they gave his father Honey-wine and told Batiatus not drink it(apparently doesn't agree with him) that he was being poisoned. Then he started choking before he introduced the final fight.

19. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, what the fuck. He chilled my soul.

Also, how bad is that for losing your virginity? Some dirty unwashed dude who looked like he was a buck in rut...and then you get DP'd by that creepy bastard. FUCK THAT.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

The thing is, I LIKE Quintas' father. He's nicer to the slaves (he even thanks them for their service), and goes down to greet the gladiators on their level, shaking hands and everything. Meanwhile, his son is a murdering, greedy, backstabbing, sociopathic little shit.