Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Spartacus: Gods of the Arena

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Crown Royal, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Due out 2011, it may not be what we ever hope to see but it still looks awesome.

#1 Crown Royal, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  2. example

example
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

If it turns out to be as good as the trailer,which I hope it does, I'd be down to watch it. However, the cinematography closely resembles that of 300 and of course the story line has to live up to epics such as Gladiator and Spartacus.

3. konatown

konatown
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So this is a prequel to the last series?

Blood and Sand was one of the shows like Royal Pains that are terrible in everyway but if its on I'll watch it.

4. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Hhhmmm so they are going to trick us with tons of violence and sex so we won't complain that we actually want to see the story of Spartacus. Well works for me!

If you have a show that is basically 300 on steroids, and then add tons of hot naked women in it the story really does not matter.

However I really do want to eventually see the Spartacus story finished, is that going to happen? How bad off is the actor?

5. Frank n Beans

Frank n Beans
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Blood and Sand started off very cheesy and I thought about stopping after a few episodes but it gets a lot better. I think they went way over the top to start trying to make it even more over the top than 300 before they realized it looked like shit and was annoying. If you're 5 episodes in you should start seeing it get a lot better.

6. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

The dude has cancer which was in remission but has now come back severely enough that his doctors told him he can't work while they treat it. He's been ok'd to do some cameos in the gods of the arena series - but there's no news yet about how soon (or if) he'll regain enough fitness to return in a significant/physical television role.

7. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Latest updates:

...I don't know who those dudes are, but they look like Sears undies models:

[​IMG]

8. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

While these guys are all incredibly handsome I just don't know if it will work. I hate when they replace actors.

9. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Whitfield was magnetic in this series, a real shock since he's a model-turned-actor and that usually doesn't turn out so swell (I'm looking at you, Fair Game. What a turd.) I can't really imagine anybody else in the role because he was so powerful in it. Hopefully he'll get better and re-replace the new guy.

On the other hand I'm dying to see where they take the story, because the first season ended like NO debut series ever has.
    That was fucking Wild Bunch shit.

10. Volo

Volo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought Hannah fucking nailed that shit. Everything from his ass-kissing and two-faced shit to his bursts of homicidal anger were fuckin' brilliant. Whitfield is rock solid, there's no denying that, but Hannah was the star of the show for me.

Anyways, I say they should end it with the first season if Whitfield isn't going to be back. Nothing ruins immersion in a story like replacing an actor. Sure, it leaves us wanting more, but I've always felt that's the mark of a good show, and it's better to end on that note than to fuck it all up with a boner move.

As for Gods of the Arena, I'm going to watch it. I'm also going to drink beer and eat fried foods while I watch it. It's going to be just lovely.

11. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Premiere is January 21st at 10pm est. The characters of Barca, Doctore, Ashur, Crixus, Lucretia, Quintas, Naevia and good Solonias will all return to reprise their roles.

My God, that actress that plays Naevia is a gorgeous woman.

#11 Crown Royal, Jan 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  12. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So they are definately replacing the lead. I really wish he recovered in time, he was perfect for the role.story

13. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow, I wasn't a huge fan of her in the series, largely because there were other women I liked more, but damn, she looks fantastic there.

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Why do all the Romans and Greeks in fpop culture have either British or Austrailian accents?

15. Frank n Beans

Frank n Beans
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Has there been any word on this whether or not Netflix will get it again right away? I loved how Blood and Sand showed up on there after a day or two, and just got rid of Starz so I'm really hoping the same holds true for this season. Otherwise I may end up having to get it again just for this show.

16. zyron

zyron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Netflix has an agreement with Starz so I am pretty sure it will be on Netflix the same day it airs just like last season.

17. Diablo

Diablo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I just finished Blood and Sand and cant wait until the new season comes out. It's like a mix of 300 and Gladiator, which is my favorite movie. I'm soooo happy I have Starz!

18. Uno

Uno
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Our new Spartacus:

<a class="postlink" href="http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2011/01/liam-mcintyre-steps-into-the-area-as-spartacus-.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtra ... acus-.html</a>

19. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Premiere tonight! But netflix isn't putting it on the instant queue til tomorrow so ill have to wait til then.

20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

I hope that Whitfield recovers and they re-replace him. He has to be the first time a model-turned actor showed real success in jumping genres. And what a job he does. The man could carry the whole series on his own, he has a depth and ferocity you don't see too often anymore.