Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

South Park: Season 15

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Dmix3, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Tonight's episode: really depressing. It was about as serious as you could get for South Park. It sort of a downer for me.

2. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

It had me in stitches up until the depressing part.

Although part of me wonders if the back and forth between Sharon and Randy about how everything just resets every week wasn't foreshadowing everything returning to normal next week.

3. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Heh, I wondered that too. This is a show that made a big deal about Kenny dying for one episode, so it could very well be nothing.

4. manbehindthecurtain

manbehindthecurtain
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

My dvr crapped out at the end. What happened in the last 3 minutes?

5. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One part of me thinks, hey they might be serious and think theyve about ran out of gas. Another part thinks they were setting up a big mind fuck for the viewers (they have a big history of screwing with the fans intentionally). What I really hope is that like in earlier seasons they'll have kind of a seasonal ark where something big happens (Kenny dies for a season or Mr Garrison cuts his dick off) and they can play off the new situations.

The whole serious part by Sharron killed all the funny up until that point. I was on the floor when they were watching the movie previews.

6. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The movie previews were fucking hilarious. Also, were those the underwear gnomes, all grown up?

I almost forgot about Cartman's line in the beginning: "Looks like somebody's on the rag, huh mom?"

7. BeCoolBitch_BeCool

BeCoolBitch_BeCool
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I'd definitely recommend reading the A.V. Club's review:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.avclub.com/articles/youre-getting-old,57155/?utm_campaign=recirculation&utm_medium=section_tv_review" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.avclub.com/articles/youre-ge ... _tv_review</a>

8. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This. Depressing, maudlin, sad, and just downright...it ended and all we could say was "Well...Ok then..." before turning the light off and going to sleep.

9. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That is a solid critique of the episode. I know I thought the same exact thing as Stan was saying everything was shitty.

On a similar note I did have the exact thing happen to me when my brother tried to get me into dubstep about a week ago. He played a dozen or so of his favorite songs and I thought it all sounded like a hyper active kid took adderall and found a drum machine. It was like techno but was not set to a beat, instead there were like 8 beats layered on top of each other and NONE of them meshed well with any other. It sounded like someone was shitting in my ear.

10. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For a "serious" episode this one was pretty funny. The message rang true while having plenty of laughs throughout. I also thought that this made for a good Randy episode. I loved too how Green Day's album Kerplunk was parodied with "Kersploosh."

This was the last new episode for this set, and for the 15th season I guess that it wasn't bad. My grades for the episodes:
    HumancentiPad: B
    Funnybot: F
    Royal Pudding: C-
    T.M.I: C+
    Crack Baby Athletic Association: B+
    City Sushi: D
    You're Getting Old: A-

11. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For shame. Royal Pudding was immediately put in my top 15. I've watched it a few more times since then, and it keeps cracking me up.

The other grades are in line with how I feel, however.

12. mekka

mekka
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Here's how I graded the episodes:
    HumancentiPad: C+
    Funnybot: C-
    Royal Pudding: A
    T.M.I: A-
    Crack Baby Athletic Association: C
    City Sushi: B
    You're Getting Old: D-

Overall the season gets a B- thus far, being saved only because I'm Canadian and consider the Royal Pudding episode to be top 10.

I know this is pretty much what they were blasting, but I found the episode entirely unfunny. I didn't mind the serious tone at the end, and do think that if they use this as a way to say they're running out of steam then it was pretty effective. Overall though I didn't even find any of the shit jokes remotely funny. I honestly don't think I cracked a smile the whole time. I'm all about poop jokes, but the last episode just didn't click with me, and without a hint of exaggeration, I think it was the worst episode I've ever watched. I'm sure other people loved it, but it just didn't work for me.

Keep in mind though too that other people call Major Boobage a top 3 episode of all time too, and I don't even have it in my top 10, maybe even top 20. Maybe I'm just weird.

13. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For what it's worth, it's only the mid-season finale, so I think this episode might be that warning. The next 6-7 episodes could be the "special" ones you're referring to.

As for the part in bold, raw views isn't a good enough reason to keep a show going. Maybe they're just done, y'know? It's better to go out on top, than to grasp at straws for new material. Also, I'd think with The Book of Mormon doing so well, they may want to focus more on that.

14. Happy

Happy
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

When Matt and Trey went on the Daily Show last night, they even said that in no way did that last episode foreshadow a conclusion of the series. I'd post a link, but I'm on my way to work.

15. thabucmaster

thabucmaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Correct. Here's a link to an article that says they're signed on through 2013. Sweeeeeet.

16. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The last 3 minutes or so were hilarious. Up until that point I thought that it was a pretty unfunny episode, and overall it was a disappointing follow up to a classic episode.

17. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Drunken Stan-Neo is easily the funniest thing i've seen this month.

18. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think South Park just told us to go fuck ourselves.

19. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So I didn't find it funny because I wasn't drinking?

Or life is shitty unless you are drunk?

Who am I kidding. I thought cartman, the ass burgers and fast food stuff was awesome. I'm not so fond of the stan story line.

20. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not exactly. They spent an hour setting up a genuinely good lesson: life does change, and the effects of that change have everything to do with how you deal with it. If you're open to it and accept it for what it is, it can be a good thing. It can expand personal horizons and make you a better human being. You've dealt with things as they truly are.

They spent the last three minutes reminding us that most people won't ever learn this lesson. They'll spend their lives wallowing in shit and numbing the pain of their own inaction with booze and crappy pop culture, believing until they die that comfortable familiarity is not only preferable, but correct.

Pessimistic, to say the least.