Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

South Park: Season 15

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Dmix3, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Dmix3

Dmix3
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

2. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

After watching the preview, all I can say is "Wow", followed by, "I'm fucking excited!"

3. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

4. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"I think I'm going to click...decline."

5. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

Maybe it's because I can't handle too much poo related humor, but I really didn't find that episode to be all that funny. Cartman's whole story in the episode could have been a lot better. I laughed the first time he made the "you fucked me" joke but it got old quick.

The Mac logo was amazing though.

6. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought the "you fucked me" joke was the best part, the whole "what do you mean you didn't actually read the agreement?" joke got stale really quick though. I too thought the poo humor was ehh, though the first centipede shit scene had me laughing out loud. Was it me or did the dialog feel a bit more polished than it normally has been? Something didn't feel right to me.

Anyway, solid opener. Taking bets on who else they lampoon this season? My money is that Charlie Sheen makes an appearance.

7. IHaveCandyGetInVan

IHaveCandyGetInVan
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Good concepts, but kinda spoiled by the repetition. It seemed weird for them to include Dr. Phil and Best Buy and not really satirize either of them...?

8. Happy

Happy
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Anyone know why they can use Best Buy and Apple, but not the right...colors? Just a random thought.

Thought it was pretty good. Probably a 7. I was going over some of the other season's openers, and usually they are the better episodes of the season. Being a former Apple employee... I LOVED the "geniuses" . Spot. On.

Sheen will make an appearance. Hopefully the Palin Daughters get the call too.

9. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

They've got to include the middle eastern revolutions in some way or another. The writers could have a field day with Gaddafi.

10. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I hope they lampoon the royal wedding by having they mayor get married to barbrady.

11. lhprop1

lhprop1
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

If they don't take a stab at the royal wedding, I'll be disappointed.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they try and take a shot at all of these antique/auction/pawn shop type of shows. The airwaves seem to be littered with them lately.

12. shimmered

shimmered
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That was quite possibly one of the most uncomfortable South Parks I've ever watched. I was...somewhat...curious about the movie, but now that I've seen their spoof...No way. Ick.

Thank God they showed the Shake Weight episode afterward...otherwise I wouldn't have been able to go to sleep with that on my mind.

13. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I agree. I watched this episode last night, and I thought that it was hilarious. Probably in my top 15 episodes of the show.

I liked this episode because I felt like the humor was less "silly" than in most of the episodes of the last few seasons. I also appreciated it because you didn't have to be familiar with the movie that they were spoofing to laugh at it. And I found it to be less repetitive than the way that they have used gags in a lot of more recent episodes. They hit the nail on the head with the way they satirized Apple.

14. Celos

Celos
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Weeelllll .. that sucked ..

15. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Outside of token laughing at Tyler Perry this could be the worst episode ever

16. thabucmaster

thabucmaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

For some reason, Time Warner didn't broadcast the new South Park episode last night. I'm wondering what the hell is up with that.

17. Thorgouge

Thorgouge
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Is it just me, or are Matt and Trey being extremely lazy with this new season? Both episodes had like three jokes that were repeated for 21 minutes and that was it. It really feels like they aren't even trying. The only funny part of last night's episode was the initial remarks about a comedy award show, mainly because the one Comedy Central did was fucking horrible and pointless.

18. LadyLecter

LadyLecter
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I liked the Dalek references in the robot. That was about it.

19. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I thought the part where Cartman tried to tell the Germans they should kill Kyle was pretty funny.

20. Superfantastic

Superfantastic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So between ripping on the comedy awards, Jimmy having a new catch phrase (and his dad inadvertently saying it), the pissed-off Germans (and Cartman offering up Kyle), dead people with smiles on their faces and a reporter chuckling about it in front of their corpses, Funnybot's jokes and "non sequiturs", the Obama/Osama references, and an epic Adam Sandler burn, you guys honestly found this episode a bit "meh"?

Like, are you saying it "sucked" for an early-season episode of South Park? Or that there are actually other shows that compete, and this episode is inferior to them? If it's the former, I guess I'd agree in the sense it's not an all-time great episode, but saying it sucked seems a bit harsh. If it's the latter, please share.