Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

South Park Season 14

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by hoju, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Clutch

Clutch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I heard it too. I feel kind of dirty thinking that they've been setting that up for two episodes.

2. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

"Here is your cab fare, I am going into sleep mode"

3. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

4. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Best episode in a while. Nice timing considering I was having a laugh with some people about the shake weight today.

5. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Creme Fraiche got a bit old after awhile, but the first 2-3 times Randy talked about it was absolutely hilarious.

"Oh fuck yea..."

6. Andolingus

Andolingus
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

IAs idiotic as it was, the Cafeteria Fraiche theme song had me rolling.

Nice ep.

7. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The shake weight killed me. My roommates and I always laughed when we saw the commercial so seeing it on south park was priceless.

8. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just in case someone hasn't seen it yet:

Having the Shake Weight say "Here is some cab fare" after the "cool-down spray" was the funniest part to me. I had to pause the show for a minute to stop laughing.

Cartman made a pretty good Gordon Ramsey.
    In my opinion, between this and the Jersey episode, this is the funniest South Park has been in years.

9. KillaKam

KillaKam
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Agreed 100%.

"Good old fashioned, Sharon!"

10. Macgruber

Macgruber
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I definitely have "Creme Fraiche" as one of my top five episodes in the series. I've watched it four or five times already to show my friends that know about the Shake-Weight how hilarious it is, and it just gets funnier. Absolutely fantastic.

11. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I would also add "The Tale of Scrotie McBoorgerballs" in there, as it was my favorite episode of the season. "Creme Fraiche" and "It's a Jersey Thing" make a good #2 and #3. "Medicinal Fried Chicken" was good, too.

12. JGold

JGold
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

OK, I thought the episode was good, but I don't regard it as highly as most of you apparently. The Shake Weight jokes have been done to death. SNL made fun of it, what, two or three months ago? If not before? One of South Park's biggest strengths is how timely it is regarding pop culture, and I just felt this episode was very, very late to the party. Hell, even Blake Griffin beat South Park to the punch. That said, it was entertaining, as most episodes featuring Randy are. I just don't think it was even close to on par with "It's a Jersey Thing."

13. Superfantastic

Superfantastic
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I see what you're saying. The timeliness/six-day turnaround is one of the most impressive things about South Park, but I don't think that means not being the first to reference something makes it un-funny. If I'm remembering the same SNL skit, it was an infomercial advertising videos of the Shake Weight infomercial (as in, guys who got so turned on by the infomercial they wanted to watch it whenever they could), correct? That's pretty funny. But is it as funny as the Shake Weight asking Sharon to put a finger up its butt, cumming on her face, then giving her cab fare and going to sleep? In my opinion, no.

Anyways, great episode. Gotta watch it again to see if where it ranks on my all time list, but my favourite part was when Randy farts and goes to sleep instead of going back to the competition. The way he rolled over and said "fuck that" to Sharon killed me. I wonder if Trey enjoys doing Randy's voice more than Cartman's.

Great season, too. I love how most people I meet in real life (outside of my friends) still think of South Park as some juvenile, crudely-drawn cartoon that stoners watch. I mean, it is all those things, but it's not ONLY those things. And it's been long enough now that when "most people" bring up Family Guy as something special, I no longer feel the need to berate them with my well-practiced rant as to why they're wrong. I just keep quiet and revel in my supreme cartoon comedic snobbery.

14. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

People still watch SNL?

15. Rob4Broncos

Rob4Broncos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In case some of you haven't seen, Matt & Trey are getting a show on Broadway in a couple months. Nothing to do with South Park, but no doubt fans of the show will be interested. I'm 100% going to attend this bitch. I've never been to Broadway, so if anyone who has can recommend the best seating section, I'd appreciate your suggestions.

#135 Rob4Broncos, Dec 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  16. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have watched "Poor and Stupid" about 15 times over the last week. It gets funnier every time. Butters saying "Obama is fuckin' gay." makes me lose it. My other favorite line is, "We're tradin' paint."

I highly recommend people re-watch that episode.