Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

South Park Season 14

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by hoju, Mar 12, 2010.

1. JWags

JWags
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

"Tango down, tango down"..."We got em!"

I lost my shit at the end. What a perfect way to end the episode. Just awesome.

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What no one watched this weeks? I guess I can see the delay in responses. It was only a so-so episode. Im in between on the episode, most of the running jokes were getting really stale by the end but I think it could have been expanded into a two parter with Stan's therapy taking up the second. Just meh over all.

I think it be cool if they'd do another season long/multi season story arch change to the characters like theyve done in the past. Having Kenny actually dead, Mr Garrison replaced by Ms. Chokesondick, and Mr Garrison becoming a woman are some examples that resulted in new storylines that were fucking classics. Be nice for them to mix it up again instead of doing pop culture drive bys every episode.

3. IHaveCandyGetInVan

IHaveCandyGetInVan
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I liked the last episode, but it could have been a lot better. The whole "Inception" phenomenon, in some ways more than the actual movie, was one of those things that takes itself waaaay too seriously and was really rife for parody (I say that as someone who liked the movie quite a bit). Exactly the kind of thing Trey and Matt kill at, Warcraft/Cesar Milan/etc. But this episode just ended up being a lot of random Family Guy-style stuff strung together, rather than anything coherent.

4. clkx88

clkx88
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I believe this was done as a criticism to Inception, ie purposefully mashing these parts together in a way similar to how the movie was paced.

5. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I never saw Inception. Is this what the movie is really about, going into someone's dream? If that's the case I'm glad I never saw it. Can't Hollywood make a decent film that isn't based on a retarded concept?

6. IHaveCandyGetInVan

IHaveCandyGetInVan
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Yeah, I get that, but it still just seemed sloppy. Like, surely they could have included a random reference more relevant/clever than Hasselbeck. And you can defend anything like that by saying it fits into the meta-concept of criticizing Inception, but it just seems like an excuse for a lazy, mediocre episode to me.

I dunno, maybe I'm just one of the Inception sheep.

7. Virty

Virty
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I couldn't really get with the whole episode either, it was funny but nothing remarkable.

Though I do have to say the doctor who kept making music whenever they were trying to explain what exactly inception was had me cracking up.

8. JGold

JGold
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

After the Jersey Shore episode, this one was just "meh." The opening line where Cartman was talking about Jackass 3D had me laughing right off the bat, but I thought the Inception criticisms were off the mark. And I don't consider myself an Inception fanboy or anything; I saw it, liked it, forgot about it. No philosophical pondering or online debating for me. I just couldn't really relate to the point South Park was trying to make. I didn't find the movie's plot to be that ridiculous or hard to follow. The episode was still funny in spurts, though.

9. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is why I love South Park, they get away with shit like this....

Attached Files:

10. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here are your options. I would guess the blonde haired kid.

Haha, it was Butters' accountabilibuddy at the gay camp.

Attached Files:

11. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Not the same Bradley. Read the second sentence of the link you posted.

12. Subito

Subito
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Mystery solved
    Mysterion is Kenny. I really liked the play on his immortality.

13. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think it would have been ten times better to hold out on the reveal until the very last scene where the kids come to Kenny's room. So far there are some laughs here and there but the shit is just too all over the place. I dug the rip at the new Batman title though.

14. Happy

Happy
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Let me get a few things out there.

If someone is creative enough to spoof "A Clockwork Orange" and LeBron James in the same story line, I can't possibly see or expect anything better. The DP thing is great, but really, the whole subcontexts, this three-parter really is something for everyone. From ancient mystic folklore (Kutulu) and the souls that still follow, (goth kids and computer geeks, which I KNOW tiB can relate), to Batman, Kenny acknowledging his immortality, and Cartman really going beyond anything he has done before... I don't understand how this cannot be one of the best things South Park has put out. If Imaginationland won an Emmy, this will easily get one too.

15. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think it was updated from when I posted the link.

Last night's episode was pretty boring at some parts, but the description of how Kenny can't die and the spoof of Lebron were pretty fantastic. I'm guessing the finale will be absolutely ridiculous.

16. BeCoolBitch_BeCool

BeCoolBitch_BeCool
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I thought it was brilliant how they did it. The show really hyped up the reveal, which ended up being "come on Kenny let's go" halfway through the episode. Definitely a classic South Park move.

17. Dr. Gonzo Esquire

Dr. Gonzo Esquire
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I agree. Doing the big reveal at the end is cliche. I loved the way they handled it. They effectively subverted the big reveal cliche by minimizing it, almost trivializing it. And trivializing the self-important is exactly what South Park is all about.

18. jets22

jets22
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The whole "What should I do?" montage was taken from this Nike ad.

Cartman's line at the end seemed like a fitting response to him.

#118 jets22, Nov 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  19. mobkah20

mobkah20
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

You definitely need to check out that commercial, then check out the one the CCleveland fans made in response to it. Not even a Cleveland fan but that spoof South Park did made the show for me.

20. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Did Cartman just call Kyle the "Human Kyke" instead of the Human Kite? Wow.