Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

South Park Season 14

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by hoju, Mar 12, 2010.

1. fly1180

fly1180
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Well check this out, looks like Comedy Central, not Matt and Trey, are the ones who added the audio bleeps. This is a screen shot from southparkepisdoes.com, trying to watch episode 201.

Attached Files:

2. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Great two-parter, even with the bleeps. I think this was more of a reward for devoted fans than anything, especially with the return of Scott Tenorman and Mephisto.

I'd also like to reiterate my opinion that the Viacom executives are a bunch of cowards. There's really no other word for it. Cowardice, plain and simple.

"Swallow, come."

3. Mr. Crow

Mr. Crow
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

So was the speech at the end bleeped out on purpose or by Comedy Central?

4. fly1180

fly1180
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Tough to say. Probably saying "Muhammad" was what was censored. The censor bar seemed to be on purpose, since they did it with Cruise at the end of the movie.

5. travis

travis
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Parker and Stone posted a statement on SouthParkStudios

Wow, so pretty much all the bleeping was on Comedy Central, even the end speech. Why the hell would they bleep that out if it doesn't even mention Muhammad? That seems ridiculous.

6. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

This seems a little hard to believe to be honest. I understand the Mohommad bleeping being comedy central's doing but that final speech seemed like it was made to be censored. The way Kyle and Stan spoke their audible dialog made it seem like it was set up to be censored. I don't know though. Why would Matt and Trey say that if they didn't mean it? Thoughts?

7. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It didn't mention Muhammad, but that doesn't mean it didn't mention Muslims or Islam. I'd guess that the ending monologue was bleeped because it in some way challenged those assholes who threatened Parker and Stone on their website and Viacom was unwilling to suffer any potential consequences. I still think it's cowardice. The people who make that show knew what they were doing and they are the ones in danger. By virtue of submitting the episode the way they did, they accepted the consequences. So why are the suits backing down?

I wish people were angrier about this. The fact that it takes a basic cable cartoon to raise this kind of issue in the first place speaks to how limpdicked mainstream media really is. Then, instead of doing the right thing by allowing them to make their point, they just gave the fundamentalist mouse a cookie. Pathetic.

8. mobkah20

mobkah20
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I have to be missing something here, Muslims made a public death threat against Matt and Trey, and the only thing that happened was the censorship of the show? Nothing like letting terrorism win.

And I've heard that it wasn't a specific death threat, but that's horseshit. Telling someone they will end up like Theo Van Gogh (who was murdered) counts as a death threat.

9. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Actually, after reading that statement and seeing that blog post that fly1180 linked, it's not that hard to believe. Violence was threatened. The Comedy Central suits freaked out and bleeped out anything and everything that could maybe possibly in some little tiny way be viewed as offensive by some Muslim extremist. They were worried about the violent threats actually happening so they caved in and gave the radicals what they wanted. Same thing happened the last time they did the whole Muhammad thing a couple years ago. It's fucking dumb.

Any chance they address this whole fiasco on next weeks episode?

10. D26

D26
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Here is a question:

What happens with the DVD? Will they include the unedited version for the DVD, or will they puss out there, too...

For that matter, Muhammed was in a previous episode. Matt and Trey said that he was part of the super friends earlier, and no one said anything about it then. I don't know what episode it is, but I can't believe it isn't on DVD, now.

11. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

The 'Super Best Friends' episode has been pulled from the website and is no longer available for viewing. Like I said, people should be angrier about this. This isn't about some dumb cartoon. This is about allowing freedom of speech to be repressed by fundamentalist thugs.

12. E. Tuffmen

E. Tuffmen
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Haven't really been much of a South Park fan, except for the first couple of years, however, Comedy Central letting those Islamic douche bags win like that is wrong on so many levels. People really should be a lot more angry about what happened here. Fuck Mohammad, fuck him in the ass, spike him to the ground and drench him in pig blood, along with all the other stone age savages that come from that part of the world.

13. Beefy Phil

Beefy Phil
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They were American-born New Yorkers. Ignorance knows no borders, my friend.

14. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I'd love to see some of these retards in public, in North America there is no way the psychotic-muslims could even threaten the lives of American citizens. I'm a very liberal person but I think the shit with the Dutch cartoon reactions was too lax, the EU should've clamped down on radical islamists.

15. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I really wish I would have known this a week or so ago because the Super Best Friends episode was on. It might have been on another station in syndication but I dont remember. Wikipedia claims they still show it on occasion uncut.... Of coarse after this Im guess not...

16. AIC

AIC
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

[​IMG]

Muhammad on the far right from season 5. Hopefully I didn't just make TiB vulnerable to terroristic threats.

17. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Even if they do try to start shit, I'll claim a counter jihad in the name of TiB. It's actually a little box I click on in the moderator control panel. Kinda handy really. Beefy Phil pretty much summed it up though. Matt and Trey knew what they were getting into and it was their ass on the line. I doubt theres any chance of the original being aired on TV but with enough bitching it should at least be allowed online.

18. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Anyone know if there is an unedited version online anywhere? Seems like something that would be leaked pretty quick. MegaUpload only had the TV bleeped version. I don't know what ramifications it would have but I could see them leaking it as a big Fuck you to Comedy Central. Sure they might lose out on some contractual money but there is no way Comedy Central walks away without a ton of egg on their face. Plus who wouldn't snatch these two up and pay them boatloads to have SP on another cable channel?

It really is shocking that this wasn't a bigger news story than it was. Muslim extremist IN NEW YORK, make veiled threats to murder prominent artist and this was it?

19. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Jon Stewart responds to the threats against South Park. Good stuff

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-april-22-2010/south-park-death-threats" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-a ... th-threats</a>

20. grubes47

grubes47
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

The Chalkboard gag on the Simpsons just said something along the lines of ""South Park, we'd stand beside you if we weren't so scared""