Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

South Park Season 14

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by hoju, Mar 12, 2010.

1. hoju

hoju
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Also...

`South Park' begins 14th season by taking on Tiger

By DAVID BAUDER
    AP Television Writer

Posted: 6:31 p.m. today
    Updated: 14 minutes ago

NEW YORK — Golf clubs in hands or not, the kids of "South Park" are ready to take on Tiger Woods.

Creators of the Comedy Central cartoon have long since proven that no subject is sacred to them. So for the opening of its 14th season on Wednesday, the troubled golfer encounters Stan, Kyle, Kenny and Cartman in their animated Colorado town.

"It's such an important issue in America right now - the sex addiction outbreak," Matt Stone, who makes the series with partner Trey Parker, said on Friday. "We're all really concerned about him and hope he gets better."

Sex addiction, the intersection of powerful men and willing women, late-night phone calls to the police and bad public relations gave them so much fodder they could have made an entire Tiger-centric season, Stone said.

Since the Peabody Award-winning show's first episode in 1997, Parker and Stone haven't worried about lines between good taste and bad if they can get a laugh. They mocked the Church of Scientology to the point of annoying Tom Cruise, and depicted Jesus Christ defecating on President Bush and the American flag.

"There's a delicacy in talking about (Woods) that we don't have to worry about," Stone said.

He wouldn't give many details about the episode, in part because he and Parker were still writing it on Friday. Stone said he was fascinated and disgusted by Woods' public apology, so it's likely that will be worked in.

"South Park" is airing its 200th episode next month.

"We can't even believe we're still here doing this," he said.

Attached Files:

2. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Man has this show jumped the shark or what?

I'd liked the episode, some funny parts, one that could become somewhat funnier with age. I cracked up the entire time Tigers wife spoke with an accent. I think the single best line was Butters saying "You know what is under that bush? A pair of nasty Joker Lips!!!" Sorry Pinkcup but I think we have a new derogatory name for a girls labia majora. The sex addict rehab scenes with Bill Clinton and Ben Rothlesburger were also top notch.

3. Kratos

Kratos
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Butters obsession made me laugh so hard. My other favorite line was, "here's that kid I was telling you about, and his friend: Bummers." So awesomely fitting.

I was really hoping that when they first told Obama that the reason was money and that people would work hard just for sex that Obama would have come out and said, "well I guess we'll just have to make sure no one is successfull then." Knowing Parker and Stone's political beliefs, that would've fit right in.

4. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Holy shit, the best part was when that monkey started fucking all the other monkeys. And again, they nailed the "message" spot on.

I'm with Kratos though. When they first got Obama involved, I was certain that it was going to take that path given their very Libertarian views. I'm guessing that the season won't pass without something happening in that realm though.

Either way, I'm once again excited for this show. Somehow they keep managing to bust out better than average TV.

5. Parker

Parker
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I might be easily entertained, I caught the last part of this episode, and as heavy handed as it is, it's fucking great. I don't know about you guys, but I lost my shit when Butters said "Oh no! I don't want to buy a batman costume!"

6. Ryan Leaf

Ryan Leaf
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

As usual, the message here was about as subtle as an asteroid strike, but as usual it is unspeakably fucking hilarious. I don't think I stopped laughing the entire episode. Highlight for me, even though I knew it was coming, was
    when Kennys mum busted in on him dead in the batman suit
    . Pure gold

7. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

Great episode. But guys, please spoiler this shit from now on.

8. fly1180

fly1180
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

We got a turd in the punchbowl.

9. Maltob14

Maltob14
    Expand Collapse
    Space Cadet

I had that coming...

10. dubyu tee eff

dubyu tee eff
    Expand Collapse
    Thinks he has a chance with Christina Hendricks...

The things that butters said about bush in the meeting with all the celebs had me cracking up.
    "Does it have berries?"

11. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

wow, that was a great episode tonight.
    Butter's 2nd book was fucking hilarious, and they hit the nail right on the head about how people read into books for deeper meaning that isn't always there.

12. Supertramp

Supertramp
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

It annoyed me that they were implying that people read into CITR and self-projected it into greatness. It's a great book with a perfectly portrayed character.

Other than that grievance, it was an enjoyable episode.

13. The Good Doctor

The Good Doctor
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Maybe this is a stupid question, but why are spoiler tags necessary for an episode that has already aired and is available in its entirety online? This thread is like a goddamn Easter Egg hunt.

On topic, this has been the wallpaper on my phone since last week's episode. I took this right from the TV screen.

Attached Files:

14. Czechvodkabaron

Czechvodkabaron
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Awesome. This one is instantly in my top ten. It was the best episode since "Best Friends Forever," and the last really enjoyable one since the Guitar Hero episode. I loved them making fun of how so many banned books are not really obscene by using The Catcher in the Rye as an example. They used the winning formula of the four main characters using Butters as their pawn. And finally, they made fun of a few annoying celebrities in the process.

15. bean

bean
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I've attached a better quality jpg for those who liked the batman as well.

Attached Files:

16. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    "And Matthew, how come a transvestite donkey witch is standing next to you, and why is it wearing a dress?"
    So fucking priceless. The whole Today Show bit had me laughing my ass off.

17. Macgruber

Macgruber
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This is one of my favourite episodes in a real, real long time. I can't remember the last time I had so many laughing fits during one episode. When the Asian guy was reading the book and got to Sarah Jessica Parker and more people threw up than before, I had to rewind it because I missed like 30 seconds. Then when Lauer and Viera spit after throwing up, I had to do it again. Just awesome.

18. konatown

konatown
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow tonight's was a great episode. First of the season that I actually laughed at.

Scrotum coat. Thats all I have to say.

19. Hogie

Hogie
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

The music when all the guys were bouncing on their balls, fucking awesome!

20. Kubla Kahn

Kubla Kahn
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Great Pope gag as well.