Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Sorry for being awesome

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BeCoolBitch_BeCool, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Besides having a medicine cabinet that ever babysitter's dreams are made of, he was once nominated for a Best Actor Oscar for the title role in The Buddy Holly Story. He was extraordinarily good in it. I think he just took his role as Mr. Joshua too seriously in Leathal Weapon and it was downhill from there.

2. KIMaster

KIMaster
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, Busey was legitimately incredible in The Buddy Holly Story, but was generally an excellent actor throughout the 1980s, even in the lesser films he appeared in.

As for why he is nuts, I repped this, but Busey did enough drugs to kill an elephant, and to compound matters, smashed his head apart in a motorcycle accident in 1988 that not only fractured his skull, but left him with permanent brain damage. Ergo, why he is nuts.

3. DrFrylock

DrFrylock
    Expand Collapse
    The White

Even post-accident, the guy is a roller-coaster ride. He seemed to alternate between fantastic performances and crazy-ass performances. 1991 - Point Break; I think we can all agree that he played that role pretty well. I was always very impressed with his charisma in an otherwise 'meh' film, Rookie of the Year, which was a full 5 years after this accident. If you asked me "can Gary Busey be the heart in a family comedy and pull it off?" I would say, 'no' but then that movie comes along, and he sure as shit can.

4. Volo

Volo
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have no doubt in my mind that this scene was not only fully realistic, but also toned down a bit as to spare the minds of all who watched it.

#24 Volo, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
  5. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

[​IMG]

Howdy, TiB! It's your friend Ryan Milliron! I'm known for my great comedy skills and for generally being awesome! To add to the mix, I'm known for posting high school wrestling pictures of myself on my so-called blog/so-called message bord as well as demonstrating to people of a higher station than I that I am a demented tool! You see, I've surrounded myself with sycophant friends my whole life and dated chicks that say the word "like" at least four times in a sentence when one has low enough standards to take pity on my swiss cheese-esque soul. I would like to apologize for taking up space, and to thank you all for pointing me in the right direction: Elswhere. Because being cool, smart or funny in the least just ain't my thang.

Piece out playa bitCHAS

Milly. ;)

P.S. Yo Frank we still hittin up the strip clubs on saturday?

6. shauncorleone

shauncorleone
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

Most of them.

• I'm already sick of "Winning!" but can appreciate the derivations people are coming out with, like "Waining". Still, I will forgive Sheen as long as he dies soon in a grand fashion.
    • It goes without saying that "GTL", "Grenades" and "Smooshing"/"Smoosh Room" need to fucking go, and Obama should completely abuse his power in demanding everyone involved with Jersey Shore apologize.
    • T-Pain should apologize for making auto-tune popular, even if it seems it was inevitable.
    • Also in music, I'm not sure I can blame the Black Eyed Peas for continuing to pump out manufactured, horrible crap, because they have the potential to be talented musicians. That apology should come from everyone who's ever requested "Fergalicious", "Tonight's Gonna be a Good Night" or that other shit

7. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Queen should apologize for We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions.

I am also of the opinion that Bruno Mars, although he hasn't had much of an influence yet, should be strung up and executed before he does any more damage.

8. BL1Y

BL1Y
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Based on the previews that have come out of the Donald Trump roast showing The Situation's bit, he won't need to apologize. The public humiliation will be satisfactory.

...I'm actually starting to suspect that it's not even a true Roast. They got Trump, Snoop Dog, and everyone else to set up The Situation for a public beating.

9. Nom Chompsky

Nom Chompsky
    Expand Collapse
    Honorary TiBette

Really?

He co-wrote Fuck You, Waving Flag, Right Round, Nothin' on You, and Billionaire.

That's like 300,000,000 + views on youtube alone. He won a Grammy this year, and was nominated for like 5 more. He's one of the biggest musical influences of the past couple years, and he's very, very good.

10. Danger Boy

Danger Boy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

In a flyover state hoping your plane crashes
    I think he was even better in the 90's:

#30 Danger Boy, Mar 11, 2011
  11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Watching Celebrity Rehab with Busey was pretty insightful. Seems he's lost his outbound filter in his various accidents and brain damage, and is working on retraining them.

Worth watching, if you're interested in seeing behind the scenes of the crazy.

12. Crown Royal

Crown Royal
    Expand Collapse
    Just call me Topher

Focus

I love Genesis, but damn it all if I didn't also like the solo careers of both Peter Gabriel AND Phil Collins. Phil Collins, along with The Eagles are my dad's two favourite artists. But fuck "Salisbury Hill". I fucking HATE that song. Play it a few more hundred times on the radio today, why don't you. Fuckwads.

Personal favourite (and not just because of the badass video that Phil looks like a creepy pervert in):

#32 Crown Royal, Mar 11, 2011
  13. WickedBitch

WickedBitch
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

All I wanted for my 14th birthday was tickets to Phil's ....But Seriously tour. My mom sold her soul but she got me those tickets (I'm sure there was some filthy back-alley shit going on somewhere but I repressed that away) and it was the best concert I have seen to this day.

Focus: While there are many, the awesomeness of a thread about Phil Collins/Genesis eclipses all.

Anti-Focus:

We Can't Dance was the first album I ever owned on compact disc (CD to you whippersnappers) and I just recently re-purchased it from Amazon.com. I put it on my oldest son's MP3 player and recently launched into a diatribe about how fantastic a drummer Phil Collins is, how he and Genesis helped shape the face of music and how blah, blah, blah. Then I paused, did the stupid-dog-head-cock (NEVER google that with safe-search off, BTW) and thought "Ya'know! I sound just like Patrick Bateman!"

*edit* And I'm sorry but Easy Lover is a great song and not over-played by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, I would gladly swap it for any number of tracks from some of these modern asshats.

14. ghettoastronaut

ghettoastronaut
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You bring up an excellent point: all of these bullshit award shows should sincerely apologize for playing themselves as the experts of anything. The Oscars, for example, have infected any debate as to what the "best" film is or what the "best" actress is with the discussion of who should win the oscar for something or other. Whenever you hear someone say "That film shouldn't have won the oscar, this other film should have", remind yourself that they are simply playing into the academy's game of awarding themselves credibility and making everyone else stage arguments and debates on the terms they get to dictate. Same goes for the grammies, golden globes, whatever.

As for Mars' influence, only one of those songs is any good (hint: it's the Cee Lo Green song). Nothing On You, Billionaire, "I'd take a grenade for you..." are fucking horrible and if they were people I would demand that a presidential order be signed so that they could be tortured to discover their co-conspirators and executed before they themselves do any more damage. Maybe he's popular; if he is, I'm guilty of living in a la-la land where he isn't. Frankly, I prefer it out here.