Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Sons of Anarchy

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Now Slappy, Oct 19, 2009.

1. pterodactyl

pterodactyl
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Agreed, also to those who are saying that Opie didn't care, did you miss the part where him and Jax had their talk about how to "unmake Clay" and then Opie reading the manuscript? It's not that he doesn't care, it's he realizes the only way to take Clay down is stick with the club and help Jax change the club.

2. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Awesome episode but one thing really really bothers me.

Why the fuck does Abel always have to have that stupid little blue SAMCRO beanie on?

Seriously the kid is going to be bald a a cue-ball if he keeps that fucking thing on 24/7.

Other than that I loved every minute of it and the bike Opie is restoring is tits.

3. flyerfan_27

flyerfan_27
    Expand Collapse
    Lurker

2 part question that is probably stupid, and also a very small detail, but I was curious.

Did Piney wear a denim version of the SAMCRO jacket all last year too?

Is this a think with MCs, where they designate how active a member is? Obviously, Piney can't do as much as the other guys, but he still votes and participates in some capacity.

Obviously, there isn't a MC Club Handbook that they all must follow, but I'm assuming at least parts of SAMCRO are based on/inspired by real MCs.

4. El Tee

El Tee
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Well, I was being hyperbolic and didn't mean to imply that anyone lacked any reaction at all. But that said, after Opie gave Tig the knuckle sandwich he was remarkably nonchalant about spending time with his wife's killer in an official capacity.

Although, aside from crying I wonder Stahl's next move is. Do Opie and SAMCRO get a pass now? There's so much going on right now it's going to be interesting to see where this season wraps up.

5. Happy

Happy
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

It would surprise me if Stahl ever went against SAMCRO again. She fucked up, she killed an innocent mother. She in debt to Opie. I'd love to see somewhere down the line for Stahl to come back and help out SAMCRO with a little favor.

6. Dmiz

Dmiz
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

"The outlaw had mercy." - Opie

Holy shit. That line gave me chills. I love The Shield, but after this episode Kurt Sutter has outdone himself. I agree with whoever said Stahl never mentions Opie's assault on her. Too much guilt and possibly some professional blowback if her framing of Opie is re-visited. Opie played it perfectly; he was calm and knew exactly how far he could take it. If anything, he embodies the more intelligent (not sure if that's the right word) direction Jax wants to take the club.

I hope Tig's character finds some inner-peace and steps back from the edge now. I want him to get back to his old necrophiliac self that I enjoyed way too much Season 1.

Does anybody know what's going on with Unser? It sounds like in the previews he is going to go above and beyond what he normally does on behalf of the Sons. He seemed almost fatalistic.

Lastly, I loved when Piney was walking out of the club after almost hollowing out Clay's head, and Clay just yelled at him to never come back into the club...without his cut on.

7. fourtytwo

fourtytwo
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I would guess that maybe Unser's cancer got unexpectedly worse, and if he's going to die soon anyway, why not help Gemma & SAMCRO fuck Zobelle's shit up, but I've been so wrong in my predictions for this show that I don't want to make a vagina of myself again. So I'm content with the wait & see approach.

The best part about this show is the trust that I have in it. If any other show waited this long to tell us what happened with the dudes in the fire, I'd call bullshit. But here, I trust that the writers aren't going to try to fudge anything. It's gratifying not thinking that I could do a better job of writing it.

8. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

anyone know where I can find a live stream of fx so i can watch the show tonight?

thanks

9. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I can't believe how good this show is. The fact that they just do not wrap everything up pretty and neat shows integrity, and hopefully foreshadows years of good television.

It does bother me that Darby has not been brought up. I'm assuming the body was not found at Kara-Kara or there would have been mention.

Westin will go away but Zobelle will weasel his way out of prison.

Tara beating that chicks ass was quite satisfying, I enjoyed that.

Who was that blonde haired SOA guy who was provoking Tig?? I recognize the actor but can't place his face.

Also read this it's pretty interesting!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ch ... of_Anarchy

10. slippingaway

slippingaway
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Lem from The Shield (Kenny Johnson)

God damn, what a show. Zobelle is a slimy ass weasel, he just keeps slipping through their fingers.

Tara kicking that chick's ass was awesome, it's nice to see her finally stand up for herself. She's come a long way from the helpless stalking victim.

I cannot wait for the season finale. My favorite show by far right now.

11. reckless

reckless
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I had the same reaction to Tara punching that bitch in the face, but... it's the exact opposite of the reaction we *should* be having.

I'm pretty sure we're meant to be fairly horrified that Tara has finally crossed a line she probably can't go back from. For better or for worse. Although I suspect as some point we're going to see Tara regretting having submersed herself so deeply in club life. As gratifying as it might have been (for both Tara and the viewers) in the short term, I'm a little disappointed to see her embrace the very thing she loathed.

The rest of the episode was solid, but definitely the weakest of the last three. It was necessary in terms of plot development, but I felt a little less punched in the throat this week than I normally do after watching this show.

12. Dmiz

Dmiz
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I'm guessing we'll get to find out the back story between that character and Tig since their dislike of each other was none to subtle.

Holy fuck, Tig is insane. I love that this show has a character that can bite a guy's ear off in a fight, and I just shake my head and say "yeah, that figures."

Stahl is going to lose her fucking mind and kill an SOA member if she is not taken off that case soon. How many times have they completely screwed her and laughed in her face? 2 times? 3?

Even if Zobelle weasels his way out of prison, he's pretty much fucked. He no longer has any muscle and no way to get any more from the Aryans now that it's known he's a race traitor. He disappears or is killed, either by SoA or the Aryans. I just don't see how he can make a run at the Sons anymore.

13. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When did Tara loathe the club or club life? When she left town she was 18 and her and Jax were both at points in their lives where their relationship was killing them. When she came back, she got re-involved with Jax almost immediately. Nothing to do with the club. I think the difference now is that she has a strong role model in Gemma.

I think Hale is a decent guy, but he needs to sit the fuck back and let SAMCRO handle business on this one. Unfortunately, I get the feeling Unser will be dead/retired by the end of the season, so Hale with actually be the chief next year.

Anyone see any deaths in the main crew coming? I had been leaning toward Tig, but with that obvious set up with the other Sgt at Arms, I think we can expect another storyline involving him next season. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Chibs dies. He seems to have gotten out of ratting to the ATF a little too neatly.

Did Tig bite off the guys ear or his nose? I couldn't tell.

I'm not sure. He told his daughter he was going to get more protection, I wonder if it panned out.

14. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Another great episode.

I think Tig bit the dudes cheek/face not his ear or nose.

All I know is that someone needs to die during the season finale. There have been far too many gun battles, shoot outs, and draw downs for no one to die. I think Unser takes a bullet and probably one of Piney/Tig/Chibs as has already been mentioned.

I hope they patch in Halfsac during the finale. He's a great character

15. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What a great episode. However there was no plot resolution. They wanted to kill Zobel and Weston, but both are now in jail. They can't really do that.

There are a couple of things that I think may happen in the finale-

Hale is going kill Unser. Although that would be out of his character. How else is he going to take back control of the town? Who knows, maybe someone else will kill Hale. Maybe Hale will see the good things the club does for the town. It is all confusing to me.

Weston (or the other white supremacists) is going to kill Zobel in jail/prison. (or vice versa)

and I'm not really sure how the DEA thing will play out. Hopefully with Opie killing the chick in some way.

We also have the Mayans. Who really haven't showed up much since we saw Zobel give them guns.

So much crazy could happen.

16. reckless

reckless
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

She admitted she came back b/c she knew that Jax was the only one who could protect her from Kohn. She always had feelings for Jax, but they were mitigated by her dislike of "club life." She's made reference to that over and over again in her resistance to getting too close - she didn't like the crime part of it all. That's why she never forced Jax to tell her everything - and in fact asked him not to - until her conversation with Gemma. Once she got close to Jax again, she still tried to keep the club at arm's length. She always wanted to keep one foot in "normal" society - but with the assault and threats against the administrator lady, she has totally crossed over.

Her standing up for herself to the administrator lady was one thing - her assaulting and threatening her and her family is quite another.

As for Gemma being a strong role model. That's an interesting way to put it. A role model in what, exactly? Because I actually think Tara was a stronger woman when she was trying to make her own way, and not allowing the club or Gemma to dictate how her relationship with Jax was going to be, than she is now, when she's seemingly given in to Gemma.

(Don't get me wrong - I love Gemma. But she's not a role model here. If anything I actually see her as a bully in this situation.)

17. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

You're assuming that "role model" is a positive thing, because society has given it that connotation. It's neither good nor bad in itself. Tera has decided she's in for the long haul. Gemma is a role model of how that's done in that situation.

I'm wondering how exactly the ATF is going to play into the finale. Especially since Jax brought Kohn back to that broad's attention.

18. Wpf

Wpf
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I'm just going to copy this from an email. First part is in reference to the other person saying the episode was a little too convoluted:

If you are going to continue watching SOA get used to the convoluted story because most of the Sutter penned story lines from The Shield were of the "how in the hell is Vic ever going to get out of this situation" variety.

With that said I think everything that happened in this episode was orchestrated and planned by the Sons, including the arrests of Weston and Zobelle. There was a lot of talk about jurisdiction and boundaries, Unser told Hale to do his job (knowing he would) and assured him the Sons wouldn't shed blood in Charming, and then what happens? The sons ride out to the border but stay on the Charming side to...what...have a fist fight? That's the complete opposite of, as Jax said two weeks ago, "doing it smart."

Also, if the side story with the ATF and the Irish rat demonstrated anything it's that the Sons are fully capable of manipulating the police to get what they want, here, guns and protecting Chibs' family, later, Weston, Zobelle, and his daughter—the three main people behind the rape—all in one place.*

Now if I'm wrong and everything really just happened as we saw it without us knowing all of the parts in motion then last nights episode was really disappointing because, well, vowing to kill everyone then meeting them behind the swing set for a brawl is pretty fucking lame.

We both knew Tara's transformation was coming, she had been showing signs of it all season, and while I wasn't surprised it did feel a little too soon. But given the situation with the boys going to the mattresses, Gemma's emotional strength throughout the whole season, and their talk in the car I'm completely willing to buy it. When Gemma tells Tara that she is born to be healer, just as Gemma is born to be a fierce mother, in an episode where everyone is stepping up and confronting their enemies, it would make sense that Tara confronts the person trying to take away her job as a healer. Though the gun was a bit much.

*I actually hesitated typing daughter there trying to find a better word for their...um...relationship

19. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I have nothing to base this on other than assumption but I would imagine it is Westin who is marginalised. Majority of the Aryans I would imagine became so out of default in prison for protection, they are not idealistic like Westin. If Zobelle is still pumping the heroin into the prisons for the Aryans to control he will still have the troops.

20. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Agreed, Tara's actions were justifiable in the world of the club, in the world of society they are utterly reprehensible. Yes the administrator was a bitch, big deal, that’s life. You don’t go around beating co-workers up, pulling guns on them and threatening their family. This action was a watershed moment for Tara, it was the loss of her innocence and submersion into outlaw life.

In context of the series this should have been a powerful and emotional moment, the fact that most of us here instead viewed it as a ‘you go girl’ moment suggests to me one of four things:

1) The scene wasn’t that well written
    2) Tara’s character hasn’t been convincing enough for us to have an emotional attachment to her
    3) Those posting in this forum have a skewed sense of morality
    4) All of the above

That being said it does set up a great story arc for Tara in which I can see her and Gemma clashing not on ideals as they once did but instead in a power struggle for the matriarch role.