Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Sons of Anarchy

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Now Slappy, Oct 19, 2009.

1. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

No but don't make him choke a bitch.

2. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I was actually enjoying the solidarity between Tara and Gemma, and then Gemma had to fuck it all up by talking to Tara's boss. That seemed uncharacteristically stupid for her. Tara is a doc-on-call and she keeps her mouth shut about what she sees...an invaluable asset to the club. I know Gemma was anxious about Chibs being transferred, but that was unnecessary.

Other thoughts:
    -There is no way Georgie killed LuAnn. Toddus gave excellent reasons for this a few posts back, and I agree. But I wouldn't have thought he would have it in him to kill a dog either, so who knows?

-Opie's new squeeze is nowhere near the caliber of woman Donna was. I dislike her immensely, but I think she's going to be around for a while. Tara was told she needs to play nice, but Gemma wasn't. Hopefully this leads to more awesome one-liners directed towards the "underdeveloped tween".

-I'm confused about the whole Agent Stahl thing. What exactly is she after? Is SOA a side target in her quest to bring down the big fish of the IRA, or not?

Regardless, I fucking love this show. Glad to see a thread on it again.

3. konatown

konatown
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think Henry Rollins may have killed Luanne. After he got upset about the Sons interfering with his gun drop. Just another way of targeting the females.

Great episode.

4. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What about the Asian drug dealer that Opie ripped off? She wouldn't be the best target for him to kill but maybe she was the best available.

It just seems too easy for Georgie or the Brotherhood to be responsible.

5. insanityv2

insanityv2
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Is it just me or does Half Sack get more and more bad ass every week. I've been rooting for him since season 1. I hope he gets patched in soon.

6. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Jax "going nomad" looks like the club is officially divided. The previews of next week show him cutting something off of his jacket. I think it's SAMCRO. It'll be interesting to see how that works with club politics.

I think Bobby is going to get wise to what's going on soon, he's too smart, and with Piney and Chibs, along with who else on Jax's side, I think things are going to get interesting. I have a feeling that Tig is going to take the fall for Donna's death and will be gone by the end of the season. This secret has to get out somehow and there is no way it happens without some blood. Either he dies and then Opie finds out or vice versa. It looks like the guilt of Donna is really messing with Tig. I wonder if he might even come clean himself. Somehow Clay will escape somewhat unscathed. He's too important in the long run for the show.

Kurt Sutter wants to get 7 total seasons out of this. If it follows Shakespeare like I think it will, everybody will end up dead either directly or indirectly at the hands of Jax. Clay is too important to knock out this early in his planned series run. That's what I think, but I usually think too much.

I am always trying to figure out what's going to happen in shows. This show is so great in that there is so much going on, so many characters and storylines, it's virtually impossible to tell where things will really go.

7. Phoneix

Phoneix
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I couldn't tell if Zobelle was counting on Hale to give SAMCRO the info on Darby, or if he was thinking Hale was going to help him out again. Either way, Zobelle is a genius. I'm beginning to think Zobelle has an "in" on SAMCRO somewhere, because he is just destroying the club from every which way.

Jimmy O is going to show up very, very soon. And that shit is going to hit the Sons. HARD.

8. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

This is the best show about fags I've ever seen, haha.

Is Darby actually dead? They didn't show a corpse yet. I think it was his time to go anyways, his storyline is all but played out now and you can only try to sell drugs in Charming for so long without getting killed. And yes, Zobelle is quite the puppeteer, he's absolutely toying with SAMCRO right now.

9. fourtytwo

fourtytwo
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Bobby already knows. Stahl confessed to him about setting Opie up, and unless he's retarded, it's a pretty simply 2+2=Clay ordered Opie dead, screwed up the hit, and Jax found out. I think he is probably playing stupid so he doesn't have to choose a side, in favour of hoping Jax and Clay figure it out themselves.

Are we supposed to believe that the homeless girl is a ghost, specifically the Ghost of Jax's father? In the first season she told Gemma, "Abel will help my son," and then when Gemma got in her face she revised it to, "I'm able to help my son." But she doesn't seem to have a son considering she was sleeping in a graveyard in the season finale. Then last episode in the church, it seemed like one of those things where the audience and Gemma could see her, but no one else could. I'm praying that I'm wrong.

Other thoughts:

-I feel like Jax going nomad is a little bit like throwing a temper tantrum. Why would he give up his position as a voting member, but remain a Son? Clay is still his boss, except now he has no influence over the direction of the charter. Better idea would be to expose Clay. Put him and Tig in the ground, and use his newfound President patch to make the right decisions for dealing with Zoebelle. I'm not sure what fallout he's worried about. No one would back Clay's unilateral decision to kill Opie, much less leaving Tig unpunished for botching the kill.

-With Jax going nomad, it means they have an extra seat at the table: Full Sack should get his cut.

-I think one of the two dudes who were in Caracara during the fire has to be alive. Just in terms of storytelling, someone has to know the truth so that Jax can learn that it wasn't Clay who torched the place & killed Luanne. So either Zoebelle (or one of his proxies) tells someone, or someone survives. Zoebelle's whole thing is pushing SAMCRO out of Charming. Torching buildings isn't going to do that if SAMCRO doesn't know who did it. The point is to prove that Zoebelle is a badder dude than Clay and make Clay give up. Of course it would be easier just to kill each Son. He has to know where they live, and obviously has access to capable people and capable weapons. Especially if it isn't clear that the bodies are his, there's nothing anyone could do. More SoA come to Charming? To do what? If they don't know who did it, they can't retaliate. Or they retaliate against the wrong people and then Zoebelle gets to sit back and let the blue collar criminals fight it out. Of course that wouldn't make for great TV.

10. hiphopguru

hiphopguru
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I feel like the whole 90min episode was a little anti-climatic. For some reason this whole week I expected this great episode packed full of violence and SAMCRO badassery. Don't get me wrong it was a good episode, I just felt like a lot was lacking

Next weeks show on the other hand...

11. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

When Jemma was talking to Jax about his dad she metioned he was in a dark place after Thomas died, does anyone know who Thomas is?

If Katy Segal doesn't get nominated for an Emmy it would be an incredible shun, she is amazing.

12. Happy

Happy
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Thomas is Jax's older brother who died from the same heart defect that Able was born with. "The Family Curse".

I thought the 90min episode was good. There wasn't as much action and blood as I thought, but the shift from downward spiral of one bad thing after another for SAMCRO, its going to start to pick up for them. I liked Clay's voice over for next week, "We have to do this smart". Really? start listening to Jax now? But Jax does finish the trailer with "We gotta kill them all". Great work Sutter.

13. Big Texas Butters

Big Texas Butters
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

That last scene was so well done. Aside from Jax's mild overacting, everyone else was perfect: Gemma's long explanation, the look on Clay's face with his tiny squirrel eyes. Great song choice too. Actually, almost every episode has had a song that fits perfectly with the ending. The only other show that comes to mind that had music selected that well was Friday Night Lights, and maybe Sopranos.

14. Kerbunked

Kerbunked
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

We definitely all predicted that Gemma's big reveal would backfire on Zobelle and instead bring the club together. I can't fucking wait to see how this plays out. It also looks like Tig is becoming consumed by his guilt for Donna.

It was nice to see the Niners are still alive and kicking although repossessing a van full of bullets was a bit of a Deux Ex Machina.

15. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I sorta agree, but I think they kept it sublte enough that it wasn't that bad. I actually like the angle of working with the Indians, once the gun running gets back into swing I can see the assembly taking place on Indian land.

16. fourtytwo

fourtytwo
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

No it wasn't. The bullets didn't help them solve an otherwise insolvable problem. It was just something that happened that lead to other things happening; in other word, plot.

I thought this was an awesome episode. Violence and badassery are both excellent ways to keep the cretins happy, but the beauty of the show is the depth of character.

That these hardened murderers and criminals were brought nearly to tears at the thought of Jax leaving the club was powerful in its believability. I don't know if that's what most, or any, MCs are like, but I didn't doubt for a minute that it was a difficult decision for everyone.

That final montage is in my top 5 favourite pieces of TV. The transition from Gemma to Half Sack was jarring at first, because I laughed at him touching himself in the mud, and then transitioning to Tig, I almost (almost) felt sorry for him, which primed me to hear Gemma talk about the rape. I found it really amazing that they could get me to laugh at Sack without ruining the mood of the piece.

I also like the way tragedy is looming on the horizon. I'm pretty confident that at least one of the Sons is going to be dead at the end of this season. Piney is the obvious answer. But I wonder if Chibbs gets found out and put in the ground for being a rat.

17. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I think we are guaranteed at least 1 or 2 main characters to kick the bucket by the end of every season. Maybe I am getting way ahead of myself here but I fucking love the idea of this thing riding out the entire way without a single Son, enemy or associate standing.

18. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, then we fast forward 20 years and the world has become a Mad Max wasteland and just as the last of the good people of Charming are being enslaved and killed Abel rises from the ashes to restart SAMCRO!

I don't think everyone can die but I could see them killing of Clay, Tigg, and maybe Piney all at the end of the season.

Clay dies saving Jaxx's life so that he is redeemed, Tigg goes out in a blaze of glory, and Piney drinks himself to death.

I liked the 90 minute format this week and think they should throw another one in every once in awhile.

19. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I don't know a damn thing about MC life, but maybe someone else does.

They didn't actually show it, but Jax picked up the patches when he left. Is it that easy for him to rejoin the chapter? Does it just require a vote (which would be a no-brainer after Gemma's confession)?

20. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Sutter claims he has 7 seasons in mind for this. That makes me think that he's thought of at least rough outlines for the entire run of the series. This series is based loosely on Hamlet, so that leads me to believe that he had the rough basis of Hamlet in mind for the entire series. Hamlet is as tragic as they get. Everybody dies. Jax will die at the end of the series or at the very least have nothing left.

I think there will be ups and downs over the remaining seasons, if it makes it to the full seven, but ultimately it will go the path of The Shield where it all went to shit at the end. Mackey had only his physical life left, no soul, no friends, family, nothing. He was breathing and that's it. I see this ending in the same fashion.

I agree that at least one major is going to die. If I was to pick one, I'd say Tig is the most logical. He's losing his mind. Clay could also be offed somehow. The rest of the series could end up being how Jax takes over and his/father's vision doesn't quite pan out and it slowly goes downhill.

This is all assuming that it follows the idea of Hamlet. I think it is as this is a direct quote from Clay recently. “It’s like the ghost of his old man’s hauntin’ him.”