Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Sons of Anarchy

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Now Slappy, Oct 19, 2009.

1. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Sutter shits in a lot of people's cereal on his blog and on Twitter, and blatantly refuses to play the handjob exchange for awards game. I wouldn't hold out for his show to get anything except a shitload of viewers.

2. dchavok

dchavok
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I've seen his Twitter rants and some of the horrible shit he says about critics and judges....but at some point they just can't keep continue ignoring the show. It might be a bit of hyperbole to say its the best show on television ever, as I said earlier, but it keeps getting closer and closer to that upper echelon where the Wire sits.

3. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

SOA is up there with my all time favourite shows. It might even be my all time favourite show. But the more I learn about the entertainment industry, the less I believe that anyone working in it will do something because it's right, or because they should. Everything that happens is because someone played the game - and that has nothing to do with quality of the product - and everything to do with money and ego.

4. Viking33

Viking33
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Holy shit. I don't even have words to describe how fucked up everything is in SOA right now...

What's Gemma's reasoning behind hiding Jax's ex-druggie wife's appearance from him before he goes to see Tara?

5. dchavok

dchavok
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Jax has far too much shit on his plate right now to be thrown off his game by her return. Her coming to him to meet Abel could A. Cause him to snap and kill her just for returning at a bad time B. Throw him off his path of vengeance against Clay for everything he's done this season C. Conflict him even more....your soon to be wife just went down with a horrible injury that is 100% your fault. You just ruined her life, feel terrible about it, rethink everything, and then and old flame shows up looking better than ever wanting to mend fences? Rough....

Gemma was 100% correct in turning her away for now.

6. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

There's too much going on to comment. Things are just crazy all around. I only have this. Katey Segal has been absolutely amazing. Gemma is such a complex character. Every scene with her this season, hell pretty much all seasons, has been great. There are times you hate her and times you love her. They've done a masterful job of painting her as both extremely good and extremely bad and every shade in between. She's the best drawn character in this amazing group.

7. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Well Clay has officially lost the whole club. Tig was Clays last full supporter. I'm glad Unser told Opie about what Clay has done. I really really want Opie to destroy Clay but with the way things usually play out in this show I don't think that's going to happen. I think Clay tries to make a run for it, take any money he has and head out of the country. With all the lies and betrayal he can't save himself in the club. He needs to leave the club to save his own life.

8. lust4life

lust4life
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What about Otto? Is he really spilling truthful guts and implicating everybody? Is he spinning it so everything falls on Bobby and a few others? Or is he feeding Lincoln a complete line of BS?

Television hasn't been this good since The Shield.

9. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

Holy Shit.

No way Clay is dead though

10. dense

dense
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT. Did that really just happen?

I cannot believe that Opie put two in Clay. I had assumed that Clay had to die at some point but I had thought that it would happen sometime next season. I'm torn on if he's actually dead though, Opie definitely shot him twice in the chest and the preview for next weeks episode makes it sound like Clay is gone, but on the other hand, wouldn't Clay have a vest on, especially after Gemma told him about Opie. Either way, I no longer am going to hazard a guess at anything that might happen in this show ever again.

11. dchavok

dchavok
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Holy. Goddamned. Shit. This is seriously the best show on television. More emotion in the final two minutes than anything I've ever seen.
    With Juice, you heard the branch snap...but this? Wow....I think this is the end of Clay.

12. Juice

Juice
    Expand Collapse
    Moderately Gender Fluid

I'd be really surprised if it was. He wasn't shot near any vital organs so he may survive. I think Kurt Sutter is going with a Shakespearean ending (which this show is full of references to) and hell die at the hands of Jax.

13. Whothehell

Whothehell
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

I watched it a couple times and it looks like 1 in the shoulder/side and 1 in the stomach. Defiinate blood spatter though, so no vest.

14. Rusty_Shackleford

Rusty_Shackleford
    Expand Collapse
    Should still be lurking

I'm glad Opie held Clay responsible for Donna's death after all that time. Opie was looking for a reason to avenge her death and he wasn't going to let it fester any longer. The murder of his father was just the catalyst that motivated him to shoot Clay. Even if Opie didn't kill Clay when he shot him, I am glad he shot Clay. If Clay doesn't die, it is a message to the others in Samcro that things are not right.

When Opie shot Clay it looked like he shot Clay in Clay's right shoulder and in Clay's left side, maybe in the bottom of his lung.

I am curious to see how Jax responds. Jax had a look of shock on his face when the trigger was pulled and he looked like he didn't know what to do. This is even after he warned Opie that he would kill him if he had to. In my opinion, Opie lives. Jax won't pull the trigger on his best friend. Also, Clay survives somehow. I don't know how Clay survives but I don't think he dies like that. And if Jax does kill Opie, he will feel guilty right away and even worse when he reads the letters and finds out why people were killed and should have been killed and furthers his reason to leave the club.

15. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pretty sure there was some blood spurt from the 2 shots. I don't think he had a vest on.

16. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Well that was crazy. I agree that if they stick to the Shakespearean path then Jax needs to be the one to ultimately end Clay's life. But, I can't and won't even try to guess what happens next week.

How on earth are any of these guys going to make it out to have another season? They've set up a couple potential plots with Jax's ex and the mayor moving forward with the development, etc., but seriously, how do they get out of this. Otto ratted and Bobby is done with no way out. What other members were implicated? All of them? Only Bobby? Clay is obviously out. No way he survives the evil he's done. Piney is dead. The dude from the Shield is dead. Juice ratted as well so I don't see how he makes it out intact. You've got Jax, Opie, Tig, Chibs and Happy and a couple prospects. That's all that's left at this point. This is, again, if none of these guys go down with what Otto gave up. I have a feeling that his stuff will fall through somehow and he'll recant everything. Not sure since he signed everything if he can even do that at this point.

17. Uno

Uno
    Expand Collapse
    Experienced Idiot

There was defiantly blood splatter, just watched it again.

As far as Opie killing Clay. It kind of fits if you look at it less literally. I've always thought Opie was by far the most dedicated to the club and their ways. So it seems to me if you look at Clay being the Father of SoA, then he is still getting killed by a Son.

Anyway, it's all kind of abstract but it fits.

18. Celos

Celos
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Not to mention that nobody in the club (that's not locked up) has no idea what the fuck is going on at the moment. As far as they know, Bobby and Juice are just fucking around somewhere and the cartel and the Irish will want some attention at some point, which is exactly what the creepy dude from Deadwood is looking for. At least the previous times they've had someone working the system in some way. Shit's looking impossible to get out of.

19. Viking33

Viking33
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Wow. Tara is one sneaky bitch. Well played.

20. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

What is the deal with Tara asking Jax and Gemma if they love her? I understood the question as it pertained to the discussion she was having with Jax, but then with Gemma...it was mostly just creepy.