Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Sons of Anarchy

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Now Slappy, Oct 19, 2009.

1. fleafly

fleafly
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

All I know is I hope Opie is the one that takes Clay out. After the amount of shit Clay has done to Opie it would be a sweet sweet revenge.

I'm starting to think that this cartel business is a bit much. I would like to think that even Clay would see what's going on and realize maybe they are in way over their heads and try and back out. He said he's all about Charming and keeping it the nice little place it's always been but this cartel deal is what's destroying his town.

2. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I agree that the sheriff is going to side with the club. It's leaning that way.

I think the right hand man in the cartel is the bad guy. How he quickly knifed the guy they had tied up and he just gives that vibe. Having the very high up rat in the cartel will somehow be the way that the Sons get out of the mess they are in. No idea how, but the Sheriff being on their side will help them get out from under the cartel. Maybe pushing the case being formed in Chrarming outside solely towards the cartel.

I also think the Sheriff siding with the Sons will probably have more to do with helping his wife than anything, but this will somehow be how Juice gets out of his mess.

3. dtugg

dtugg
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

I am not sure that backing out their deal with cartel is really an option. I'm thinking that the cartel would kill them if they did.

4. Celos

Celos
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I might have missed out on the fact that they might kill him if they found out, but what I meant was that I understood why he acted that way, but thought it was fucking stupid (especially considering the points you made). Ie. if he sat down and thought for a moment, he'd be in a much better position now.

But that's all moot now, because HOLY FUCKING SHIT! Pretty sure I'm going to rewatch the season the second I'm done with the last episode.

5. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I want to see this one of two ways:

1. Opie takes Clay out similar to how he killed Stahl.
    2. Opie and Jax take Clay out Boondock Saints style.

[​IMG]

6. dchavok

dchavok
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Holy.Fucking.Shit.

There wasn't much to this episode, but what there was......goddamn.

I'm speechless right now.

7. dense

dense
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

Well that episode was sort of like a Sopranos finale.

I have to assume that Tara will get the use of her hand back, or that she will at least be able to still get paid as an MD in some way, so that's not really a huge issue. Beyond Tara's ability to do well in surgery, you've got the fact that Piney's death isn't widely known, plus the whole Clay almost beating his wife to death and attempting to kill his de facto daughter in law in the same week. No way in hell that Clay dies this season, that just wouldn't be good TV, but now that Gemma apparently wants him dead, it has to happen in the next season.

8. Pinkcup

Pinkcup
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Wow. This episode was...wow. Also, just as an aside, the actress who plays Tara is superb. Really, really superb. When she was speaking to Jax in the hospital, her facial expressions and her voice were absolutely perfect. I actually shivered.

So, I think Tara's hand is permanently fucked. If this is supposed to be a modern-day adaptation of Hamlet, the plot needed something to throw Tara so far over the edge that she commits suicide. This could be it. While Ophelia's madness was an interesting explanation, Tara's sudden professional death is much better.

I really didn't think Juice would take the bait. I'm still a little confused as to why he did...can the creepy dude actually dismantle the entire SoA, or was he bluffing? I thought he was bluffing.

Clay is truly beyond redemption. How he thinks he can get away with a) attempting to have Tara assassinated b) beating the shit out of his wife and c) killing Piney is beyond me. He's gotta know that after bashing Gemma's face into a pulp...she's going to be coming after him, guns blazing. All it takes it one conversation with Jax and Clay's fucked. He can't prevent that forever. Unless he kills Gemma also...

...I really hope that's not where this is going.

Final query: What is the deal with the dirty homeless lady? It's weird.

9. DaVoN

DaVoN
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

What an unbelievable episode there. The scenes with Tara and Jax were very well done and both actors definately brought their A game. When he went to hold her and she screamed at him, I could feel how tragic it was for her. Her life is ruined and she knows it. There's no getting out of it now. I love how she kept throwing Gemma in there when talking about the family. They seemed to have built a friendship while Jax was in jail but I guess not as much as I thought. It seems like she kind of resents her for still trying to take over Jax's life.

And of course the brutal beating of Gemma at the hands of Clay. They are seriously turning Clay into the worst "villain". Before, you could always see him doing some things for selfish reasons when he talked about "helping the club" but you always thought/knew that his love for Gemma was genuine and that she would always be by his side. Apparently that's not the case anymore. So she will have to go and hideout for a little while so no one sees her face because there are tons of people who will kill Clay for that alone. Jax, Unser, Tig, Opie.. hell I think Chuckie would take a shot at Clay if he saw that.

10. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Oh holy fuck fuck fuck. That's all I have.

11. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

And there are 14 episodes this season... 4 more to go.

FUCK indeed.

12. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

One thing that really bugged me in this episode. The elite level hit man, guys so mysterious once you called them into action they couldn't be stopped. Turned out to basically be Mexicans in a van, snatching Gemma off the street then crashing?

13. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Something seemed off to me about that as well. There was the hitman watching them in the park, but IIRC the guys in the van were white, not Mexican. Besides, the Mexican cartel leader seemed to imply Jax was a valid target as well. [/quote]

14. joule_thief

joule_thief
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

@toddus - It could have been stopped, Romeo chose not to.

You would also figure if you are an independent contractor that a major drug cartel relies on, one jackass (Jax) with a pistol really wouldn't slow you down much.

Here's what I'm wondering about:

I can't wait to see what Unser tells Opie when Opie catches him at Piney's cabin. I hope he gets a chance to tell Opie everything, about his dad, JT, everything.

15. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

I think Sutter is assuming his audience know a bit about 1%er culture, or can figure shit out. In a 1% club, the cardinal rule is that the rules are all cardinal. You break a rule? You're fucked. You hide the fact that you broke a rule? You're completely fucked. The only laws that matter are the clubs laws. And they mean everything. It's not that the members are racist (usually), it's that the club and the club rules are like holy scripture for these guys. Practically the idea is to make sure that members understand that if they break any rule, they're fucked. If lying about your parents will get you killed, what do you think will happen if you rat on a brother or steal from the club? The repercussions will be fucking biblical.

In rougher non 1% clubs - you'd probably get kicked out if it came out that your unknown father was a black guy, but it would be civil and you'd be able to have your ink blacked out/marked over. It'd be a rough break if you got beaten for it when you didn't know, but you'd still be out. If you knew you had a black parent and lied about it? You'd spend serious time in hospital and there's a solid chance your ink would end up on the clubhouse wall. In a 1% serious outlaw club with drug and gun businesses? The violence level ramps up.

16. StrangeBrew

StrangeBrew
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

[/quote]

Those guys in the van certainly appeared pretty white, and spoke the King's pretty well. They did not seem like an elite cartel hit squad. If they were a ruthless hit squad, they also could have easily just shot the two of them. What difference would it make to them?

As noted, the cartel could have called off the hit but purposely did not. They did this for a reason. I don't think it was just to make sure that a possible problem for Clay and them was definitively eliminated. They seemed all too happy to stir up more shit with the other cartel by having them take the fall for the botched kidnapping. Not sure why, but I think that is what is going on here.

17. Now Slappy

Now Slappy
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

This is spot on. I've been around 1%ers and non-1%ers, and what Scootah has said is almost assuredly what would happen. As I have said, wayyyyyyyy earlier in this thread, is that when it comes to club culture you "give respect to get respect", all of the other club rules are made with this one fundamental principal in mind. In this fairytale land that is Sons of Anarchy Clay is not redeemable(Gemma's words), in a real world club neither would Juice(or some other members for various reasons).

18. toddus

toddus
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Just re-watched it and they clearly have Mexican accents and just after Jax grabs whatsherface they yell 'vamos vamos'.

19. StayFrosty

StayFrosty
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

But after they get away from Jax, the dude says something in English, suggesting the Spanish was just for show.

20. dchavok

dchavok
    Expand Collapse
    Average Idiot

I'm too shocked to actually talk about spoilers, so I'll just be vague (again).

Fuck.Me.

This is the best writing and acting on TV right now. There's never been another season in history of television that exists on such a high level.

I didn't think anything could top the emotional charge to last weeks episode....I was dead wrong.

I cannot wait until next Tuesday. I want to fast forward to Tuesday at 10. Between the episode and the preview for next week....fuck. The bar keeps getting higher and higher.

Its going to be damned impossible for SoA to miss out on awards this year.