Adult Content Warning

This community may contain adult content that is not suitable for minors. By closing this dialog box or continuing to navigate this site, you certify that you are 18 years of age and consent to view adult content.

Sons of Anarchy

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Now Slappy, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Frebis

Frebis
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

I only had one real issue with it. The first hour meant nothing to the story. The last 20 minutes were fucking awesome.

And the show had to keep you in suspense about Jacks being a rat. If it hadnt you would have known what was going down in this episode.

I'm now just curious about what happens to Unser.

And how mad will the Russians be?

2. mad5427

mad5427
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

The way it ended made the episode pretty and season pretty good overall. This show at its worst is still better than most others.

I am also glad that they didn't leave any major cliffhangers. Tied up a lot of stories nicely. Next season is nicely set up with the Russians, Hale as a threat, the dog issue, Tara being pregnant (she'll have to have it by the time they get out) and most significantly, the assumption based on the letters that Clay and Gemma offed Jax's dad.

I can see this show having two more seasons and it being wrapped up. They can always introduce new conflict, but it would be best to give it just one or two more years and tie it all up and send it off with a bang.

3. dtugg

dtugg
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

It appears that in addition to whacking Jimmy and Stahl the club has $5 million in cash. I wonder if they are going to keep it or give it to the Russians for services rendered. I think the latter is the smart thing to do (especially considering how the money is most definitley marked) despite how hard it would be to give up that much money. If not there would surely be a war that the club may well lose. I am sure this will be a plot in season 4.

4. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They have around 3 mil of misprinted counterfeits. That's why they had to get the 250k from Stahl, so they could put real bills on top of the counterfeits. They gave the Russians 1.75 mil of counterfeits wrapped up with 250k of real currency. They still owe the Russians 2 mil, which they may be able to get from the IRA.

5. dtugg

dtugg
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Re: Re: Sons of Anarchy

Oh I guess I missed something. I thought they got the full amount they needed to give the Russians from Stahl and just gave them the fake stuff while keeping the real money.

6. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

They punched Unser at the end so he's going to use that as some excuse for being attacked. That finale was almost fucking perfect. Having Opie kill Stahl was just amazing. What an intense scene having Stahl hold the wheel knowing she was going to be shot. I love how they rubbed her smugness and arrogance right back in her face.

I'm assuming that Jimmy O gave Chibs the scar on his face, that's why Chubs cut his face first? Jimmy O died like a man, Stahl not so much.

The Russians and Jacob Hale will be the new conflicts for the club, and of course the unraveling from within due to the letters. Jax has such intense loyalty to SOA that even if he found out Clay killed his Dad couldn't Clay and Gemma say he was becoming a rat and they had no choice?

Anyway I was very pleased with this whole season. This show just ramped itself up right behind Dexter in my book, pretty impressive considering it's not cable.

7. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

I had fucking chills through that scene, I was cheering for Opie as he told her 'this is what she felt'.

Yes. That was covered explicitly when they first introduced Jimmy to the story.

I actually shouted at the fucking television for Tara to throw the fucking letters into a fire. Fuck I hope she does before Jax gets out of Jail. The voice of John Teller is almost as infurating as Stahl. I want to kick him in the face every time the whiny voice over starts. I hope Clay killed him and I hope they show it in graphic detail in a flashback next season.

8. Durej

Durej
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

I second that one. With Lost gone I felt...well kinda lost. Had to catch up on Dexter and Ive always watched Sons of Anarchy but it is really proving what a quality show it is.

I cant wait to see what they do next season. I'd like to see them flash forward 2 years to when the gangs getting out of jail and the Russians and Jacob Hale control Charming and they have to try and get it back.

9. Mike Ness

Mike Ness
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

That's a great point and I bet it is how they will start off. (I know speculating makes you stupid) but it does kind of make sense to have them coming out of jail next season.

Jax coming home to a new kid and a bunch of letters that will make him think his mom and Clay killed his Dad, shit like that.

10. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

So Happy (the boardmember) and I realized last night that Happy (the character) was nowhere to be seen in the finale.

Any idea what this was about?

Or am I just fucking blind?

11. john_b

john_b
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Pretty sure I remember him being in the paddy wagon with Jax and the rest of them.

12. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Yeah, you're right I just rewatched it.

I'm retarded.

13. Dr. Gonzo Esquire

Dr. Gonzo Esquire
    Expand Collapse
    Disturbed

Re: Season 4, Kurt Sutter has stated that there will be a time lapse to allow for the majority of SAMCRO's prison sentence to occur offscreen. He continued to say "There will be a new mayor and a new sheriff. The 21st century is going to land at SAMCRO's doorstep." (via Wikipedia)

14. smoke

smoke
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Holy shit that finale was awesome. I had watched S1 and S2 on Netflix and then caught up on S3 with Hulu. The 12th episode just came out on Monday but I couldn't wait for the finale next Monday so I bought it on Amazon.

If Tara is smart she'll get rid of John Teller's letters. That and the Russian/Jacob Hale thing will be interesting in S4. Also, will they arrest Opie and Chibs for ruining Stahl and Jimmy O's shit? I'm so glad that bitch Stahl got her comeuppance.

15. dtugg

dtugg
    Expand Collapse
    Village Idiot

Does jacking off to the scene where Stahl gets murdered mean that there is something wrong with me?

16. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

probably, but it's not a unique brand of wrongness around these parts.

17. iczorro

iczorro
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

New Sheriffs, Debi Mazar as P.O. fo rthe whole club in the new season.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/tvline-items-soa-lamonica-garrett-idol-americas-got-talent/#more-220687" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/tvline-it ... ore-220687</a>

18. Gravitas

Gravitas
    Expand Collapse
    Emotionally Jaded

Danny Trejo as well.

http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/sons-of-anarchy-exclusive-danny-trejo/

I'm excited.

19. Nettdata

Nettdata
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Toast

Fucking. Awesome.

20. scootah

scootah
    Expand Collapse
    New mod

Kurt Sutter's Blog Post makes me wonder about these multi story arc announcements -

in a 'love letter' as professional artist to industry agents, in which he stresses that his own agent isn't who he's talking about, but the agents he works with as a show runner...